APL 2012 Challenge

nemi95, WELCOME:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Seamonster, since wearing my hair straight, I've been dusting every two weeks. I've been prepping for my hair hybernation in two weeks:yep: I get knots and tangles too, and I prefer to just cut them out cause they snag on the other hairs.

NikkiQ, I'm still here!!:drunk::lol::drunk: I LUV your bun pic and the braidout pic:yep: Your hair is soooooo thick:lick:

Thannks Seamonster!! I'm thinking about doing the cowashing and bunning combo for a while. Give the Celies a little bit of a break. Maybe for like a month or so.

I think in addition to doing tea rinses, I will be switching to just finger detangling. after I removed this last twist install I was singing my apl song (I'm apl b@tch, apl, apl, apl b@tch! boy was it catchy, lol) but I lost so much hair that I am afraid I went back to SL, at least when I pull my hair. I am hoping that my hair is just trying to Punk me, and will be apl in December.

^^^ lol @ your APL song. I can imagine you boppin to it too :lol: Why do you think you lost so much hair? Or do you think it was typical shedding that had accumulated while you were in the twists?

NikkiQ said:
Wow it's quiet around here these days!! I guess everyone checked out and are either in the new APL challenge or waiting on the BSL challenge to start :lachen:

I have not crossed over yet. When you go I go so until then, I'm an aspiring APL ninja all the way, ya heard me, lol!

^^^ lol @ your APL song. I can imagine you boppin to it too :lol: Why do you think you lost so much hair? Or do you think it was typical shedding that had accumulated while you were in the twists?

I don't think it was typical shedding, because, I had taken my time finger detangling my hair over the course of two days to remove shed hair. when I was done I was still apl. then two days later, I washed it and loss more hair.

I'm calling out @faithVA and @growbaby for not visiting us in a while :cry2:

Girl I'm too jealous to be hanging all up in here. Y'all over here swanging y'alls hair all in my face. hmph!!

Besides, who can fall this fast moving thread :nono: Making me dizzy :lol:

I will be up in here for the end of year reveals. I love to see all the hair displayed all at once :yep:

I'm still in here NikkiQ I'm staying to the end and joining the BSL 13 challenge too. I'm claiming my APL ninja status but I want to be absolutely positive that I retain this length till December. So with that being said....Hell No I won't go!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Wow it's quiet around here these days!! I guess everyone checked out and are either in the new APL challenge or waiting on the BSL challenge to start :lachen:

I am still in the fight. I just had been really frustrated with all my shedding. Recently started on black tea rinses. And i as i posted in the tea/coffee rinse challenge i got miracle like results from the first use. I have had 2 wash days so far, and now i can count the hair ( no more than 7) in my comb during daily styling. I am really happy about that. I also got a manson pearson comb.
I am hesitant to put another sew in as i originally planned for the rest of the year cause the last one did a number on my edges. Still working on a protective style for the rest of the year.
NikkiQ your bun and braid out are so yummy.
lamaria211 i am due for a clarifyin/chelating poo. Any reason you prepoo before yours? I thought the whole idea of the shampoo was to strip you hair of everything. I ask because i usually prepoo with heavy oils, and i wonder if that would interfere with the effectiveness of the clarifier? Thanks

Hi NikkiQ,

i love your bun, and that hair color!

i'm still here. I've come to peace with my set back. did a co-wash yesterday. Was planning on getting braids done today, but epic fail.

The lady that was doing my hair, was pulling so much at my hair, i de tangled before i went and apparently it wasn't good enough for her. after several times of asking her to be gentle, i got fed up, told her it was not gonna work out, got up and left. I'm so mad because i wasted two hours, just to go home and waste more time taking them out. my scalp hurt so bad. so now i don't know what i want to do with my hair. was planning on braiding and hide it under a wig for the winter, figure i could take care of it better that way. or is it better to braid it with human hair for winter? any advice please?

i'm gonna take my for-ever-trying-to-get-to APL.com self over to the 2013 challenge. i have a new goal. I'm hoping to reach APL by at least May 2013

It was great, the inspiration was real. Thanks ladies!

I love a good deal, but I haven't had much success with CD. Has anyone used this product?

my CD arrived in the mail today, a day late. it smells delicious. ingredients sound good, and i read some great reviews on it. Did anyone else get CD? what are your results with it?

Hi NikkiQ,

i'm still here. I've come to peace with my set back. did a co-wash yesterday. Was planning on getting braids done today, but epic fail.

The lady that was doing my hair, was pulling so much at my hair, i de tangled before i went and apparently it wasn't good enough for her. after several times of asking her to be gentle, i got fed up, told her it was not gonna work out, got up and left. I'm so mad because i wasted two hours, just to go home and waste more time taking them out. my scalp hurt so bad. so now i don't know what i want to do with my hair. was planning on braiding and hide it under a wig for the winter, figure i could take care of it better that way. or is it better to braid it with human hair for winter? any advice please?

i'm gonna take my for-ever-trying-to-get-to APL.com self over to the 2013 challenge. i have a new goal. I'm hoping to reach APL by at least May 2013

its was very good of you to walk out. maybe if more of us did that they would start listening to us.

Hi NikkiQ,

Kb3auty I would braid and hide it under wigs for the winter. Better way to protect your hair from the elements and can still maintain moisture easier.

You don't have to leave the challenge just yet. It ain't over til it's over around here!

I don't no why I keep trying so many leave ins when my hair loves SE leave in cream so much next time I go to Sally's I'm just gonna by 4 and keep it moving

I don't no why I keep trying so many leave ins when my hair loves SE leave in cream so much next time I go to Sally's I'm just gonna by 4 and keep it moving

You're gonna buy 4 when you already have a lot of leave ins??? You really are a PJ! :lachen::lachen:

thanks NikkiQ, I'm gonna do that. k, great i'll stick around till closing day. I feel like there should be a big party at the end, to celebrate everyone's success!
Even though i did not reach APL, i learned alot, and succeeded in caring for my hair.

i moisturized my bun yesterday using the LOC method and it feels so soft. Meanwhile I am still ready to play in my curlformers and rollers. Bun be gone!

Started looking at this challenge from the beginning at some of everyone's starting pics. It's great to see everyone come so far! Can't wait til final check in day at the end of the year!!!

Back