APL 2012 Challenge

NikkiQ

gforceroy said:
Here is my length check pic for September. I checked on impulse so I told myself I might as well upload a pic now. Ignore my messed up looking hair LOL!

Is your hair touching the APL line young lady??!

Sent from my Android...Boom.

jprayze

jprayze said:
You sure you wanna get your hair straightened right now if you're dealing with dryness jprayze?

Well I DC'd overnight and I'm going to get some kind of treatment while Im there. So hopefully I will be ok.

Ok so I'm at the hair school now under the dryer for 10 mins getting a hydrating conditioner. Pics to come when I'm finished.

NikkiQ

Twists are in. Not the best to look at,but as long as they serve their purpose..I don't care how they look :lol:

ForumRunner_20120904_194530.jpg

jprayze

Pics of my hair flat iron yesterday. I need to take a better length check pic of the back so I will be back when I unwrap my hair to try again. That Bright dress makes it hard to see exactly where I am. I'm not back at APL yet but I do see growth and my ends are in pretty good condition.

Btw The stylist used a little too much product (oil) and my hair is a bit weighed down but she did get it straight. And yes, I was having a moment in these pics! Lol

image-2523062706.jpg

image-2499486465.jpg

jprayze

So we aren't there yet...Should make it by the end of the year do I can focus on BSL next year.:yep:
090512_2.jpg

090512.jpg

Last edited:

hairqueen7

Today makes 8 months since starting my HJ YAY it feels good now all I need is apl n ill b ok my sis hair is closer to apl than me n she not even on a hj ,u know I'm pissed lol

LadyRaider

Okay... my hair is in the neighborhood of APL. Last night seeing Michelle look GORGEOUS got me thinking. At my length, wouldn't my hair look more "fabulous" straight?

I mean people with LONG hair with big natural fluffy pony tails look fabulous. But right now my hair crinkles up to between ear and neck length... nothing fabulous looking. But a black girl with straight APL (almost) hair any place in the world except this board is pretty fabulous.

How much damage would I do trying to blow dry my hair every evening after the gym?

Sigh... I want to look fabulous...

3jsmom

Moving to District 13
Ladies you guys are looking good!!!! I am still stuck in my in between stage. I will try to wash tonight and post a pic, I am about 8 weeks post relaxer right now with an inch of ng.

KaramelDiva1978

KiWiStyle said:
I'm officially going hard and back in my go to protective style. If I don't reach APL by the end of the year, I will be d@mn close.

Thats gorgeous!!! Do u braid it yourself??? I need to learn how...

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
KaramelDiva1978 said:
Thats gorgeous!!! Do u braid it yourself??? I need to learn how...

Thank you, I braid it myself :). I sat and watched YouTube videos one night to learn, it's really simple. Instead of braiding under with the traditional braid, you would just braid over for the inverted French braid.

I can't wait for my hair to get long, I'll be rocking this! Though the thickness Will only be in my dreams, LOL!

View attachment 166801

Last edited:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Soooooo I have some heat damage. I accepted the risk so it is what it is. There is one small section in the back that is obviously looser the rest of my hair still kinks up but it seems different to me. My hair can still achieve a great twist-out/braid-out so I will live it alone. My hair is heat resistant in that it doesn't want to straighten unless high heat is used BUT is also easy to train/damage with such high heat. Bummer. lol Next time I need a trim, I'll just have it blow dryed. I like my texture too much and don't want to alter it in anyway.

My iPad has a mind of its own.

LadyRaider

KiWiStyle That looks nice. I can do something similar I guess until I calm down. One of my students came in to class looking SO CUTE with a wash and go. So I've backed away from the relaxer box for now.

I think my problem might be that I need a hair cut. Perhaps layers?

jprayze

That braids is gorgeous!:spinning:

@jprayze, they did a great job straighting ur hair. Ur right, I think you'll be APL by the end of this year.

Awww thanks...I was lazy and went to the hair school...cheaper than a salon and the students are too scared to use too much heat. 1 pass only :grin:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
LadyRaider said:
KiWiStyle That looks nice. I can do something similar I guess until I calm down. One of my students came in to class looking SO CUTE with a wash and go. So I've backed away from the relaxer box for now.

I think my problem might be that I need a hair cut. Perhaps layers?

Thanks. Hiding your hair is always the best bet when deciding to post pone relaxing.

Carmelella

NikkiQ said:
Hey ladies! Happy Labor Day. Spent the day the beach yesterday with friends and rocked my puff. Loved it with the new color.

LUV IT!!!!! It looks so soft and FULL!

Guinan

Re-Branding
^^^thanks I'm going to work on adding tea rinses to my regi. @pelohello what kind of tea do you use and how often?

And yes my hair was totally fried...it was too hot and I was trying my best not to take too many products!

I use regular lipton tea (cafferinated) & once I run out of that I am going to use black tea. I spray it on once a week and I try to only spray it on my roots. The tea is very drying. Once the tea has been sprayed, I then apply my DC.

Lurkee

Tomorrow is wash day. I am going to prepoo with conditioner + oil, wash, DC and roller set. I will stick to this regimen now. I am going to avoid blow drying or flat ironing till the year end and re-evaluate. Unfortunately, it will take ages for the broken hairs to catch up. :sad:

Kerryann

the hardest thing i had to do last night was not sleeping on my usual side omg and this is all for hair wth lets see how long i can keep this up because i really need my left to catch up with my right