APL 2012 Challenge

faithVA

I have noticable grey hair as well...i.am thinking of going honey blonde...anyone know what that does to grey? Does it look white.

I am glad you posted...super curls.

Thanks... Wish I had some hang time so I could drop the band.

Mine is beyond noticeable :lol: I'm just too lazy too henna regularly to hide it. My edges don't hold henna well. All of the rest of my strands seem to like it.

I've seen gray blend well with honey blonde, especially if they do highlights. I think its highlights for the effect I am thinking of.

NikkiQ

faithVA said:
I know why I never post pics. To get a pic of my hair I need someone else to take it. Otherwise the camera is too close to my hair. Oh, well! Here's a pic of my twist out. I tried :ohwell:

I would say excuse the gray, but compared to last month, this is nothing :lol:

Look at all that gorgeous hair woman!!!! You need to post more often :yep:

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

faithVA

Look at all that gorgeous hair woman!!!! You need to post more often :yep:

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Now NikkiQ, I told you I would pay you $10 to post a compliment, but you went way over the top from what we talked about it. I ain't paying you no more than $10, final! :lol:

Thanks Nikki

I still need HANG TIME :yep:

pookaloo83

faithVA said:
I know why I never post pics. To get a pic of my hair I need someone else to take it. Otherwise the camera is too close to my hair. Oh, well! Here's a pic of my twist out. I tried :ohwell:

I would say excuse the gray, but compared to last month, this is nothing :lol:

Pretty!

Sent from my iPhone 4s

RS1976

I prepooed with queen helene super cholesterol mixed with oils. Shampooed with shea moisture retention shampoo and now I am sitting under the dryer with bee mines deep conditoner mixed with oils.

JazzyOleBabe

faithVA

Girl we are hair twins. Don't you like when you are in pictures and see that halo around the edges at the top of your head. My edges don't take very well to the henna/indigo treatment either. Trying to do hairstyles that minimize/cover the grays does not work for me and my fine strands My hair is always tri-colored. White/gray from the new growth, reddish/copper from the previous henna job and dark brown from the older henna/indigo work.

Your curly/coils look great.

Imani

What faithVA, are you kidding me, your coils are so pretty. Me likey:yep:!!!

I know right. :yep:

Faith, your hair looks really nice. I wish my hair looked nice like that in its natural state (I have too many extremely different textures and also some heat damage:nono:).

You see I hardly ever post any pics of my hair unless its straightened. Thats why so many posters always think I'm relaxed:lol:

Lurkee

I am one of those people that length check every weekend :spinning: and wanted to share. How do I get to APL in front with all layers??? :nono:

NikkiQ

How close are you to APL in the front when your hair isn't curled Lurkee? Are you waiting for the longest layer in front to hit APL before you claim it or all layers?

faithVA

@faithVA

Girl we are hair twins. Don't you like when you are in pictures and see that halo around the edges at the top of your head. My edges don't take very well to the henna/indigo treatment either. Trying to do hairstyles that minimize/cover the grays does not work for me and my fine strands My hair is always tri-colored. White/gray from the new growth, reddish/copper from the previous henna job and dark brown from the older henna/indigo work.

Your curly/coils look great.

Now JazzyOleBabe, you know I don't like that. I already hate taking pictures.. Then I think I'm looking all cute, smiling right, standing up straight and look at the pictures and I have this big white circle around my face. I'm done :tantrum:

My SO asked me what color my hair was when we first met. Man, I don't know. Stop asking me questions :lol:

I'm going to see a picture of you to make me feel better :yep:

faithVA

I know right. :yep:

Faith, your hair looks really nice. I wish my hair looked nice like that in its natural state (I have too many extremely different textures and also some heat damage:nono:).

You see I hardly ever post any pics of my hair unless its straightened. Thats why so many posters always think I'm relaxed:lol:

I am tracking you Imani. I can't wait until the end of the month when you straighten and trim. I know its going to look beautiful.

faithVA

I am one of those people that length check every weekend :spinning: and wanted to share. How do I get to APL in front with all layers??? :nono:

I say claim it for the back and just let the front keep growing out like it is. It doesn't appear to be too far behind the back so when you reach BSL, your front will probably be APL. And then you can decide if you want to even out the front or just let it keep growing out like that.

Lots of ladies have layers. They will just say I'm APL in the back and CBL in the front or BSL in the back and APL in the front.

Lurkee

How close are you to APL in the front when your hair isn't curled Lurkee? Are you waiting for the longest layer in front to hit APL before you claim it or all layers?

Hey NikkiQ :wave: I am waiting for all layers to touch - no pulling. I want all of my hair to "rest" naturally at APL because that is what people see.

faithVA

Mrs. NikkiQ, Just wanted to let you know that you are an excellent hostess and glad you stepped up to the challenge. I hope you host another one in 2013 :yep:

We will follow you.

Lurkee

I say claim it for the back and just let the front keep growing out like it is. It doesn't appear to be too far behind the back so when you reach BSL, your front will probably be APL. And then you can decide if you want to even out the front or just let it keep growing out like that.

Lots of ladies have layers. They will just say I'm APL in the back and CBL in the front or BSL in the back and APL in the front.

Nooo I am not claiming till my hair rests in APL. :nono:

NikkiQ

Mrs. @NikkiQ, Just wanted to let you know that you are an excellent hostess and glad you stepped up to the challenge. I hope you host another one in 2013 :yep:

We will follow you.

:grouphug: Thanks faithVA!!! That means a lot. I will lead the next challenge if you guys want me to, but I think there will probably be a BSL 2013 before this challenge ends :lol:

diadall

Lots of people claim APL and their back is the only thing APL. :perplexed

But that is their hair goal.

My goal is APL in the front and BSL in the back. But I will be claiming APL when my back reaches there.

Maybe I will start an APL in the front challenge once I make BSL. :grin:

Lurkee

Lots of people claim APL and their back is the only thing APL. :perplexed

But that is their hair goal.

My goal is APL in the front and BSL in the back. But I will be claiming APL when my back reaches there.

Maybe I will start an APL in the front challenge once I make BSL. :grin:

My goal is resting WL so I have a while to go. I will happy if and when all of my hair reaches APL in front.

livinthevida

I am doing a modified Lady Pianolos regime too. Instead of a bunch of supplements, I upped my citrus fruit, and salad, drink herbal tea and a protein shake with chlorella. Every once and a while I put diatomaceous earth in my water. So I am still getting the supplements, but I feel that I can digest food better.

My main struggle is keeping a style in for three weeks. I haven't made it three days yet. By the end of the year I hope to be able to keep a protective style in for three weeks. I wash my scalp almost every day and massage. My hair got thicker last year doing this so I am hoping to keep it up this year.
Same thing here @Seamonster! I would love to keep my style for at least a week yet I workout daily, rinse, and roller set every evening :lol:

I've been thinking the only way to keep my style is if I could either workout less or rinse my hair once a week (on the weekends??? :spinning:) or maybe do both! Even if I do any of these I just can't get over how crazy it is to rinse my hair only once week! I work up a pretty good sweat in my daily workouts and waiting till the weekend is waaaaaaaaayyyy too long for me :spinning:

livinthevida

Joining!

~Current hair length
SL/CBL

~Current Reggie and styling choices
I wash as needed...maybe every two weeks or every one week with tea tree shampoo, condition with AOGPB and/or leave in mane n tail deep moisturizing conditioner. Style with castor oil and a hair butter sealing the end as I braid/twist. Wear twists for a week then twist out or braid and wear braid out.
Welcome -PYT!

I just mentioned to Seamonster bc I work out daily, I do a cool rinse, then a roller set. I do this every evening yet I would LOVE to keep my setting for at least a week. I think it's near impossible with my current regimen to skip rinses and still keep my scalp clean....so...I cool rinse after every workout.

Do you workout? If Yes how do you keep your style? Are you rinsing/washing after every workout?