APL 2012 Challenge

ManiiSweetheart

Not much to report. After taking out the curlformers i(my mommy lol) put my hair into 40 big box braids. I'll give y'all a picture of those when my new ipod charger gets here...in 1-2 weeks ...smh

TheNDofUO

You know that once I hide my hair I suddenly have a burning desire to moisturise it. And press it. Well - grass is greener and all that...

Aggie

@Aggie Wow! You're hair looks like a weave (I mean that in the best way)

Girl you were posing like you knew you were all that :yep:

Love the hair. It's nice and full.

I was thinking it looked like a wig :yep: But I wasn't going to say anything.

But definitely meant it complimentary because it looks so thick and perfect.

Awwww! :grouphug: You ladies always know how to make a gal smile. Thanks a million.

Talking about a weave - a young lady did tell me that shortly after I walked out of the salon.

She said "Is that your hair?"
I said "Yes it is."
She said "Girl that looks like a weave."

I :lol: at how she looked at me and said it, then thanked her because I knew she didn't mean anything bad by it. It was a good feeling:yep: because my hair has been very frustrating and challenging the first 3 months of this year.

By the way, I think I finally found my staple stylist :giggle:

-PYT

Even just getting past SL I been whipping myhair and even my ponytail! This is the longest, thickest ponytail I've ever had! At APL or beyond they gon have to restrain me :look:

NikkiQ

I think tomorrow I may bite the bullet...and buy a new blow dryer and flat iron. It's time. I've had mine FOREVER and they're about to kick the bucket. If I'm gonna have to depend on doing my own hair while I'm away, I might as well have some decent tools to do it with :yep:

Imani

I know most people hate getting weave checked. But I soooo cant wait to get weave checked after I straighten next weekend. lol

pookaloo83

ManiiSweetheart said:
Not much to report. After taking out the curlformers i(my mommy lol) put my hair into 40 big box braids. I'll give y'all a picture of those when my new ipod charger gets here...in 1-2 weeks ...smh

Oh hell nah! I can't wait that long!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4s

NikkiQ

Ladies that use heat...what brand of tools do you have? I need suggestions for a decent blow dryer and flat iron. I have a CHI flat iron right now and I'm not in love with it anymore.

Imani

Ladies that use heat...what brand of tools do you have? I need suggestions for a decent blow dryer and flat iron. I have a CHI flat iron right now and I'm not in love with it anymore.

My stylist uses fhi blow dryer and fhi platform flat iron

Khaiya

I have a Hana flat iron and i adore it! Not an Elite tho, i went for the Pro but the elite is supposed to be ceramic just like the FHI, but quite a bit cheaper. They've done reviews on the two of them on here, you can look it up.

NikkiQ

The stylist I went to had a Fhi too. It got my hair pretty straight and it lasted a while. I'll have to look into that and the Hana Elite.

Imani

The stylist I went to had a Fhi too. It got my hair pretty straight and it lasted a while. I'll have to look into that and the Hana Elite.

I had a Hana elite, that's the one that's like the fhi runway right? It was pretty good til it broke. The ones that r 100 percent ceramic break easily, u can't drop them. I'm very clumsy.

I have a fhi runway as well. But I think I must've had it too high and burnt my hair or something and now I cant get the smell out of the plates so I refuse to use it anymore even tho I paid all that money for it. Whenever I try to use it, the burnt smell from the plates gets in my hair. My stylist also used to have a runway but now uses platform or eps (another fhi) , never asked her why the switch.

I think the platform is a solid basic flatiron and not too expensive.

NikkiQ

Hmm...I'm kinda clumsy too so now I'm worried lol. I'm gonna go browse around Sally's and TJMaxx/Marshall's today on my lunch break and see what they have. Look up a few on Amazon after I get back.

But blow dyers...that's a whole 'nother story. I haven't heard any rave reviews on blow dryers in ages :lol:

sajjy

FHI Blow dyer and Platform flat iron are the two I use. I also have Marcel and Kizure(the iron mop top maven suggested) and when its time for me to straighten I'll be using those. I know a lot of older women with waist length hair who swear by pressing combs. What do you ladies think.... Are pressing combs better for your hair health then flatirons or vice versa?

Imani

Hmm...I'm kinda clumsy too so now I'm worried lol. I'm gonna go browse around Sally's and TJMaxx/Marshall's today on my lunch break and see what they have. Look up a few on Amazon after I get back.

But blow dyers...that's a whole 'nother story. I haven't heard any rave reviews on blow dryers in ages :lol:

I like my fhi blow dryer. Back when I used to straighten all th time I could def tell a difference in using it vs the cheaper one I used to keep at my bfs house

NikkiQ

Okay so I browsed Sally's today and saw a few interesting flat irons and blow dyers. I almost bought a Conair Yellowbird b/c of SimplYounique or however it's spelled :lol: Plus they have the Jibere flat irons that she uses. No purchases though. I did get some more Manic Panic though :look:

Fyne

@ManiiSweetheart You know your wrong :look: :lol:

TheNDofUO I'm feeling that style, how long are you keeping them in for?

@Aggie WOW! Your hair is looking soo healthy! :drunk:

@shortdub78 Have you tried ORS replenishing Pak or condish/ CON Argan oil intensive treatment?

@NikkiQ I keep hearing good reviews about Remington Shine Therapy straighteners, its price is reasonable its worth a try. I may treat myself for my bday :yep: and review

Last edited:

faithVA

I know why I never post pics. To get a pic of my hair I need someone else to take it. Otherwise the camera is too close to my hair. Oh, well! Here's a pic of my twist out. I tried :ohwell:

DSCN0190 (640x565).jpg

I would say excuse the gray, but compared to last month, this is nothing :lol:

diadall

faithVA said:
I know why I never post pics. To get a pic of my hair I need someone else to take it. Otherwise the camera is too close to my hair. Oh, well! Here's a pic of my twist out. I tried :ohwell:

I would say excuse the gray, but compared to last month, this is nothing :lol:

I have noticable grey hair as well...i.am thinking of going honey blonde...anyone know what that does to grey? Does it look white.

I am glad you posted...super curls.