APL 2012 Challenge

NikkiQ

^^^ :giggle: no google. Just a lucky guess.

It's gonna be rather warm the rest of the week. I wonder if I can wear my twist out/braid out to work without it lookin like crap by the end of the day

coolsista-paris

NikkiQ said:
^^^ :giggle: no google. Just a lucky guess.

It's gonna be rather warm the rest of the week. I wonder if I can wear my twist out/braid out to work without it lookin like crap by the end of the day

Try and see how it goes the first day

kittenz

Good Morning!! Anyone else a little nervous about our first checkpoint? I am. I'm not even SL so I'm not sure how I'll bridge the gap between NL and APL. But I'm enjoying the time and company and my hair is healty so I'm encouraged. Have a great day chicas!

ETA: My twists are still going strong. I redid the side flat twist last night and I'm good til Friday :happydance:

NikkiQ

Good Morning!! Anyone else a little nervous about our first checkpoint? I am. I'm not even SL so I'm not sure how I'll bridge the gap between NL and APL. But I'm enjoying the time and company and my hair is healty so I'm encouraged. Have a great day chicas!

ETA: My twists are still going strong. I redid the side flat twist last night and I'm good til Friday :happydance:

I think everyone is a little on the nervous side about the first check in, but at least it'll help us see how much further we have until we reach APL. Maybe we'll be able to change something in our reggies if we haven't gotten the results we wanted.

diadall

NikkiQ said:
^^^Looks great! Love the color. How far are you from APL? b/c you look mighty close to me.

I cheated...that is from June 2011. That is the last time I had a real flat iron done. I could never get it this straight.

Its about the same length...le sigh.

I think when I get unbraided, I will be there. I think about 2 inches and I can pull it there effortlessly.

SavannahNatural

I am about to get braided next week so here it is...

View attachment 141119

I get braided next week and will stay in braids until July.

Wow! You're so close. How many inches/cm do you have left before you reach APL? Your armpits (why is that so funny to say/type) don't show in the picture.

ETA: I see your response to NikkiQ. Are you sure there's no change? June is such a long time! You might have grown even a 1/4" since then. Are you a slow grower, or realized you needed to change your regimen?

Poutchi

I am seriously disappointed in myself... how can i be 2 years post relaxer and only have 7 inches of hair on my head...? I would think after all this time ( started hair journey in 2009), i would be a master in the art of retention... oh well... we shall do better this year...

NikkiQ

Heading over to Sally's today to pick up some hair pins. I wanna play around with wearing my hair up more. I love my color too much to hide it away all the time.

Seamonster

diadall pretty hair,all the same.
I think I will be able to pull to APL easily by the reveal, so maybe I am getting close to APL too. Hopefully, I make it for the June Check in.

Evolving78

Heading over to Sally's today to pick up some hair pins. I wanna play around with wearing my hair up more. I love my color too much to hide it away all the time.

Good Day Hair Pins and the Spin Pins are the truth! i really love the Spin Pins.

Evolving78

diadall pretty hair,all the same.
I think I will be able to pull to APL easily by the reveal, so maybe I am getting close to APL too. Hopefully, I make it for the June Check in.

i know if nothing else crazy happens, since i had to trim my hair, i know i will make it for the June check in as well!

pookaloo83

NikkiQ said:

You read my mind. I'm gonna buy me some today too.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

SincerelyBeautiful

OMG....Laaaadddddiiiiiieeeessssss!!!!!! I think I have finally reached my goal of APL and its not even time yet:yep::yep::yep:. I gave myself a date of September 2012 and here it is only March!!! I been protective styling like crazy so I havent really paid my hair any mind when it came to length checks, however this morning after my wash and deep condition, i couldn't help but look in the mirror to check out my tresses. I wanna scream im so freaking happy:lol:. I guess later on I can post some pics. I still want all my sides and front to be APL so I will still give myself until September to get the results im looking for. Thanks for all your support ladies. I love you guys!!!!

lilyofthenile

Been drinking much more water today. I did drink about 50oz yesterday, not perfect, but it's a big jump. I'll be continuing this water drinking LOL and eating healthily etc b/c I really need APL to be mine this year. I've been applying oil to my scalp and GHEing since Friday.

TheNDofUO

OMG....Laaaadddddiiiiiieeeessssss!!!!!! I think I have finally reached my goal of APL and its not even time yet:yep::yep::yep:. I gave myself a date of September 2012 and here it is only March!!! I been protective styling like crazy so I havent really paid my hair any mind when it came to length checks, however this morning after my wash and deep condition, i couldn't help but look in the mirror to check out my tresses. I wanna scream im so freaking happy:lol:. I guess later on I can post some pics. I still want all my sides and front to be APL so I will still give myself until September to get the results im looking for. Thanks for all your support ladies. I love you guys!!!!

Those pics best come soon! :lick:

Evolving78

just gave myself a touch up. i am convinced it is the water. hair felt good through the whole process until the final rinse of the conditioner in the shower. i am going to have to spend some money on a good shower filter. but i will just have to get my hair washed next week at the salon.

but my hair feels pretty decent. i am airdrying right now. using the Argan Oil is helping (keeping it smooth less frizz) trying to decide if i should just bun or flat iron and bun. i work for MAC and we have the spring trend show this Saturday. so i need to look presentable. if i don't flat iron, i will just throw my wig on. i love my Molly wig. she gives me life! best wig i have ever owned. i am going to wash her as well as my Mommy wig.

oh i got some growth. mad i had to trim. would have made it. my bottom layer is grazing now. i should be there by May. but when i trimmed my hair in twists, it created layers. so some of my hair is shoulder length and some is grazing APL.