APL 2012 Challenge

livinthevida

@livinthevida

I shampooed with SSI Jojoba Hemp , Cond with SSI Avocado cond, DC with Komaza Olive Moisture Mask & QB AOHC(Yummy) and used Leave in & QB OHHB.

@ HauteHippie

Jane Carter - Natural Hold Spray Gel - from back of bottle - designed to be used during heat styling xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - prevents further damage to hair when used as a curling spray.:perplexed
@JazzyOleBabe has is your hair recovering after a deep conditioning? much better today? *whoops double post!*

livinthevida

livinthevida

I shampooed with SSI Jojoba Hemp , Cond with SSI Avocado cond, DC with Komaza Olive Moisture Mask & QB AOHC(Yummy) and used Leave in & QB OHHB.

@ HauteHippie

Jane Carter - Natural Hold Spray Gel - from back of bottle - designed to be used during heat styling xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - prevents further damage to hair when used as a curling spray.:perplexed
JazzyOleBabe how is your hair recovering after your deep conditioning? much better today?

livinthevida

On damp hair when I did the braid and curl. When I want it to be more stretched out I will rebraid it dry. Well not really dry but pretty much. I just do an all over mist with my spray bottle. That's it. So it's more like I walked through a mister.
LOL pookaloo83!!! that pic looks like Lil Wayne's head was plopped atop Lionel Richie's body (who definitely knows a thing or two about love songs)!!! :grin: Tooooooo funnny!! :lachen:

SavannahNatural

Here's a pic of my wet pony puff. There's still a little bit of banana left in my hair. I rinsed twice and will need to pick it out when my hair is fully dry. Because I ended up wetting my whole head I'll wait until tomorrow to apply the color to the second half of my head which will be fine. I'll DC again and hope to have less banana.

In the second pic you can see the color that I'm trying to get rid of.

Attachments

• IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0716.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 34

Fyne

Lovely hair pics and twist outs! I adore natural hair curls :drunk:

Beatiful hairstyles in hair.your.doing Well ladies .
I.see others have trouble though:stay in.girls.everything will be better just try dc putting à protective style too.

Im having à little is : my hair issue not as.strong as last month in my braids under wig .when i touch my conrows to moisturize i have small hairs in my hand. And ithe moistuture goes away faster . WHAT IS GOING ON?
This IS What i changed at This month shampoo: i didnt do proteine treatment,i added leave in..then heat serum.and blow dried (i.lost more hair than last blow dry too) . I then moisturized with.scurl.gel and did not add that tiny amount of shea ... Do you think.its too much i did.with product such as leave in...or my.hair.just.loves protein which i didnt do?

I would do a reconstructor treatment/mild protein treatment followed by a moisture dc and see how your hair responds from there. Also what do you use to seal moisture in?

PS - I've decided to go direct heat free for awhile (stepping up gym) managing to control the frizzies with rollersets, wet wraps and damp bunning

JazzyOleBabe

livinthevida

Ok here's what happen. Last night I put my hair into two strand twists to be taken out for a twist out today. I took out the twists and bobby pinned my hair back. I went to the event, came home and put my hair into a low ponytail & I love this look. The ends look much nicer than it had before my mishap. Previously the ponytail looked dry and bushy but today it looks so nice and controlled. OMG I really like this look . So I haven't DC'd today. I think I will wait and see what tomorrow brings as far as this look is concerned. Is there a time limitation that the multiple DC'S must be done by - like within a week of the mishap etc?:perplexed

coolsista-paris

diadall said:
Anyone make it yet?

diadall
Yes.i did in.january for the longest layers .i stayed cause i wanted to make sur we can see better the Apl.Im happy cause ive got more thickness (dont know but maybe the hair tabs + super protective styling made This better and seems as if ive retained the tiny grOwth )...i should be more on the bsl challenge but....i love This group with you girls !!! And Im afraid to never get to bsl......so Im kinda stepping back from it

Last edited:

lilyofthenile

Currently GHEing. I used JBCO Red Pimento Oil on my scalp, I also re-did my edges since I'll be wearing my braids until early April. I also just spritzed my hair, sealed with Hairveda Avosoya and just put the processing bag and beanie on my head. I've started GHEing last Friday, I plan on doing it every day if I don't forget. I am nervous to see how far my hair has come when I take my braids out in April.

kittenz

@livinthevida Thank you! I twisted dry hair and my twist were a little shorter this morning but not much. I really don't mind though. I just hate when they get misshapen so I misted them today to make them hang straight which made them shrink more :spinning: So the short answer is... nothing.

@livinthevida If you're still interested, last night I misted my twist lightly and then put them in a banded ponytail to stretch them out. the twist that wouldn't reach into the ponytail were fully stretched and pinned down. It worked. When I took everything out this morning my twist weren't shrunken at all.

NikkiQ

Twist out/braid out is braided back down and under my wig for the day. It's so gloomy and rainy today. I know my hair would not get along with the humidity.

NikkiQ

I now have my sister wanting to dye her hair red and my oldest niece has decided to go natural after seeing my twist out/braid out yesterday :lol:

lamaria211

I cowashed last night with HE LTR today i moisturized with Aveeno nourish leave in treatment and used a lil megatek on my scalp, im getting so impatient

kittenz

Come on out baby @lamaria211 we've got your regi all mapped out!

@NikkiQ How does it feel to be an inspiration to the masses :grin: I want to dye my hair again and get on your level!

Last edited:

NikkiQ

I cowashed last night with HE LTR today i moisturized with Aveeno nourish leave in treatment and used a lil megatek on my scalp, im getting so impatient

Are you still preggers??? That little one needs to come out so we can gush over how cute they are :giggle:

Come on out bady @lamaria211 we've got your regi all mapped out!

@NikkiQ How does it feel to be an inspiration to the masses :grin: I want to dye my hair again and get on your level!

:lol: idk about the masses, but I love motivating people to do anything with their hair.

livinthevida

Anyone make it yet?
diadall still aiming for APL in December 2012!

I think my length looks pretty much the same as when I joined in January. Maybe an inny binny growth we'll see on our March 31 pics! Since I've started on HHJ I also notice how much healthier may hair is depending on the product I use. It just feels softer, thicker, and I know exactly how my curls are dry, wet, roller set...I am getting much better at knowing how to care for my hair and really LOVIN IT :)

NikkiQ

I think wonder how many bobby pins I'll need to pin all of my hair up for a cute up-do with my "bangs" out :look:

livinthevida

livinthevida

Ok here's what happen. Last night I put my hair into two strand twists to be taken out for a twist out today. I took out the twists and bobby pinned my hair back. I went to the event, came home and put my hair into a low ponytail & I love this look. The ends look much nicer than it had before my mishap. Previously the ponytail looked dry and bushy but today it looks so nice and controlled. OMG I really like this look . So I haven't DC'd today. I think I will wait and see what tomorrow brings as far as this look is concerned. Is there a time limitation that the multiple DC'S must be done by - like within a week of the mishap etc?:perplexed
Happy to hear JazzyOleBabe! Soon your hair will thank you for rebounding on that damage so quickly. I only DC once a week (prep on Saturdays, DC on Sundays). There's a thread here on LHCF Deep conditioning - how often? many do their DC once a week while others do when they wash. Here is a another article on Motown Girl's Deep Conditioning Tips

livinthevida

@livinthevida If you're still interested, last night I misted my twist lightly and then put them in a banded ponytail to stretch them out. the twist that wouldn't reach into the ponytail were fully stretched and pinned down. It worked. When I took everything out this morning my twist weren't shrunken at all.
Thanks for the tip @kittenz! I was thinking to use either a handful of bobby pins for all this hair after a two strand twist or banding them together to the back

livinthevida

It is now several weeks since I have applied infusium 23 leave-in treatment to my hair and let's just say what I thought worked so well in my teenage years does not apply now :lol: my hair is definitely a whole other grain of hair compared to then. I should have known the results would have been more fly-a ways, straw like hair, and flat curls especially when comparing the ingredients in the Organic Coconut Oil to infusium 23 :perplexed back to using Organic Coconut Oil i go!

BIG difference from when I used only the Coconut Oil in January to infusium now. Here's a few pics at my lunch hour:

Attachments

• infusium_flatcurls.JPG
    infusium_flatcurls.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 22
  • infusium_closeside.JPG
    infusium_closeside.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 20
  • infusium_closeback.JPG
    infusium_closeback.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 21
  • infusim_notforthishair.JPG
    infusim_notforthishair.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 20
  • olnatural_organiccoconutoil.JPG
    olnatural_organiccoconutoil.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 21

livinthevida

Feeling not so ok with how my hair was holding up at lunch time I tried @adokowa's braided bun tutorial for a quick updo! My look is a little modified as this was my first time doing a braided bun. I ended up braiding up to the side and then twisting the front to the braided bun. I like it ALOT! and will do more often once I can practice in a straight line :yep:

Attachments

• pic1_closebraidtwistfront.JPG
    pic1_closebraidtwistfront.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 34
  • pic2_closebraidedtwist.JPG
    pic2_closebraidedtwist.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 32
  • pic3_closebraidedtwist.JPG
    pic3_closebraidedtwist.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 29
  • pic4_closebraidedtwist.JPG
    pic4_closebraidedtwist.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 31

pookaloo83

livinthevida said:
Feeling not so ok with how my hair was holding up at lunch time I tried @adokowa's braided bun tutorial for a quick updo! My look is a little modified as this was my first time doing a braided bun. I ended up braiding up to the side and then twisting the front to the braided bun. I like it ALOT! and will do more often once I can practice in a straight line :yep:

Cute.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Kerryann

oh hell i dont even have much to say but i oiled my scalp tomorrow will be 3 weeks with these braids..... going for 3 months with these jammys

pookaloo83

Hair is puffed up right about now. And it's crazy windy outside. So I'm looking a lil but cray. Gonna do smaller braids tonight for my braidout tomorrow because done of the definition is going away.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

esi.adokowa

looks awesome!! :grin:

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I'ze still here. 21 weeks into my transition. Currently in a sew-in that I'm not too fond of but there is too much going on in my life right now for me to pause and do something about it. Over and out...