APL 2012 Challenge

Ogoma

I want highlights. I am going in to the Aveda salon for a consultation on Saturday.

I need to figure out how to do the length check since I am on a no heat challenge for the whole year.

How do people determine if they are collar bone length? How does this differ from shoulder length?

lamaria211

OMG....Laaaadddddiiiiiieeeessssss!!!!!! I think I have finally reached my goal of APL and its not even time yet:yep::yep::yep:. I gave myself a date of September 2012 and here it is only March!!! I been protective styling like crazy so I havent really paid my hair any mind when it came to length checks, however this morning after my wash and deep condition, i couldn't help but look in the mirror to check out my tresses. I wanna scream im so freaking happy:lol:. I guess later on I can post some pics. I still want all my sides and front to be APL so I will still give myself until September to get the results im looking for. Thanks for all your support ladies. I love you guys!!!!

:dance7:Congrats dear. Pics,Pics,Pics pleeze

diadall

livinthevida said:
diadall you look very close to APL!

What type of braids are you putting in? and will you keep up with your current regimen or update it for the new braid in?

I am getting single box braids.
Last time I got them was 2008. I wore them for about 8 months. My only regi for the braids is just to use,this spray sold at the shop.

I think I will hit APL when they come out. I think my hair grows slowly and I have a horrible regi.

The woman braiding my hair has braided for Alicia Keys and E. Badu.

But I got a great price.

pookaloo83

diadall said:
I am getting single box braids.
Last time I got them was 2008. I wore them for about 8 months. My only regi for the braids is just to use,this spray sold at the shop.

I think I will hit APL when they come out. I think my hair grows slowly and I have a horrible regi.

The woman braiding my hair has braided for Alicia Keys and E. Badu.

But I got a great price.

You keep the same set in for 8 months?! Wow!

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Seamonster

:bounceline:Wow, I am so excited for the March 31 reveal now. Can't wait to see SincerelyBeautiful lovely brand new APL hair :woohoo::urock:

Sounds like the rest of us are chomping at the APL bit too. This is a very exciting APL thread. I think shoulder and APL length hair is so beautiful

Ogoma I am perplexed about our no heat length checks too. I posed the question of how to do accurate heat free length checks, and was told to just pull my dry stretched hair to a length.

NikkiQ

You can also get an accurate length by using a roller set of some sort if you're thinking shrunken hair pulled down isn't enough.

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

pookaloo83

I'm not gonna get too excited about my length check on the 31st I don't PS so I know it MAY take me a lil bit longer to get to APL. But I'm still excited! I'm gonna do the check with no hear. Cause that's how I did my last one.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Poutchi

For the length check, would that be ok to just measure a section of the hair or do we need pictures? I am in mini braids since January 5th and do not plan on taking them down before May or even June... They re super tinny and not do weight at all, we used about half a pack of regular straight braiding hair cut in 5, so they re also short...

NikkiQ

For the length check, would that be ok to just measure a section of the hair or do we need pictures? I am in mini braids since January 5th and do not plan on taking them down before May or even June... They re super tinny and not do weight at all, we used about half a pack of regular straight braiding hair cut in 5, so they re also short...

The check in is just a way to for everyone to get a good idea of their progress so far. So if measuring a section of hair is the way you've been charting your growth, then hey....who am I to make you change? My ONLY request is that you update us on any growth or changes that may have happened since your last length check :yep:

BlkOnyx488

I hope it will be ok if my March 30th Length Check is a Heat one. I don't like doing a pull down length check I like to know where my hair hits without me pulling on it. :lol:

Evolving78

well here is where my hair is at after all of that mess i have been going through.

it isn't straight. i just airdried it and put it up in a clip

i hate i had to do that early trim.

do you ladies think i will be there by May?

Last edited:

kittenz

shortdub78 since it's not straight I think you'll make it by May or June, with no more setbacks. I may be off, but it looks like you need about an inch. It's looks great , shiny and healthy :yep:

pookaloo83

shortdub78 said:
well here is where my hair is at after all of that mess i have been going through.

it isn't straight. i just airdried it and put it up in a clip

i hate i had to do that early trim.

do you ladies think i will be there by May?

I think so. :yep:

Sent from my iPhone 4s

kupenda

Ok. Tried my first ever cornrow. Yes my braid is anorexic but I think the actual cornrow itself isn't too shabby for a first try :)

image-3546535522.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

faithVA

Sorry I haven't been very active in this thread. My mom has been in and out of the hospital since January and has been in the hospital continually since sometime in February. I'm not getting much downtime and obviously hair has taken a back seat.

I may do a length check for March but I'm not sure. At the end of March I'm just going to be glad to have hair :yep:

pookaloo83

faithVA said:
Sorry I haven't been very active in this thread. My mom has been in and out of the hospital since January and has been in the hospital continually since sometime in February. I'm not getting much downtime and obviously hair has taken a back seat.

I may do a length check for March but I'm not sure. At the end of March I'm just going to be glad to have hair :yep:

Oh man. Hope your mom gets better.

Sent from my iPhone 4s