Anyone use henna and a colour rinse too??

miamisunshine

Hi all, I have henna on my hair but would like to dye it black using adore, it is a real hassle doing indigo, I have never used a colour rinse on my hair let alone with henna, any advice or has anyone attempted this with good results, thanx!!

Miss*Tress

Chemical dyes have metallic salts that apparently give haphazard (read disastrous) results when used before or after henna. I've never tried it myself, so maybe someone with a bit of experience will come along to answer your question.

lovinmylocs

I've been wondering about this myself as well. I used henna (I haven't in about 3 months) and I want to do a Sebastian rinse to give it some bling as well. Anyone have any advice???

PassionFruit

I've been wondering about this myself as well. I used henna (I haven't in about 3 months) and I want to do a Sebastian rinse to give it some bling as well. Anyone have any advice???

Though the risk isnt worth it to me, if the dye you want to use is free from the following, you are pretty much safe...

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]lead acetate, silver nitrate, copper, nickel, cobalt, bismuth, iron salts, or [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]para-phenylenediamine[/FONT]

Mortons

I've hennad and done rinses without adverse effects. I dont use them within 2 weeks of one another though.

Aggie

Though the risk isnt worth it to me, if the dye you want to use is free from the following, you are pretty much safe...

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]lead acetate, silver nitrate, copper, nickel, cobalt, bismuth, iron salts, or [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]para-phenylenediamine[/FONT]
Wow thanks PF, this was very helpful to me. I don't think I'd ever do a rinse and henna together but it pays to like my niece always say, "always be in the know", lol.