henna - want a black colour result

lollyoo

Hi,
I have a few question, I want to colour my hair black and have decided i want to use henna (bigen was my previous choice but am scared as some people said they experienced dryness- right now my hair is quite dry from no-lye already, hopefully will be able to sort this out once i switch to lye).
To go back to point- i need a step by step information on how to get the black colour from henna- is there anyway to do this without getting the copper highlights dont want that.
Also i would like to know how often should i top up the colour, can top up with the indigo alone or do you have to henna each time.
I have searched already, but i need a step by step guide.
Also is cassia good can i use it instead with herbs like amla and brahmi that darkens the hair.
Like i said i really do not like red or copper colour on my hair, just black.
thanks for your input

Last edited:
For jet black hair use indigo after rinsing the henna from your hair.
You don't have to use henna every time you indigo, but DEFINITELY before your first time. If you want dark red use strong coffee instead of water. You can stop here. I like this dark red color. But, if you want jet black follow the henna with indigo. It might take a few times before it's super black.

For red (right):
henna
hot water (or coffee for a dark brown color)
1/4 c of your favorite oil
--use immediately--

For the black:
hot water
indigo
--allow to release for 15 minutes--

Mix henna apply henna leave for 30-45 minutes and rinse. Don't worry about getting it all.

Mix indigo wait 10 minutes until it's cool enough to handle and apply to hair. Cover with plastic wrap and apply heat (bonnet dryer) for 30-45 minutes. Rinse thoroughly, poo, DC with moisture.

How do I get my gray hair not to look so red, I added indigo to my henna but the gray still looks red, I hate this, how long does indigo last on your hair? Does it have the same effect as black dye, where you have to bleach your hair to go lighter?

Back