Henna over perm colour

Amour

Can you henna over a permament colour or do you risk losing your hair!? Anyone

henna over colour? if so what effects did you have? Is it the same or different for

pure henna and the henna mixed with stuff to get different colours i.e. indigo

TIA

As long as it is BAQ henna (ex: Jamila, Dulhan) your hair will not turn green. My hair was dyed twice at the beginning of the year. I have henna'ed twice in the last two months, and my hair is a nice burgandy color (darker at the ends, because the first dye was black).

I have permanent color in my hair and I do henna treatments twice a month without any damage. I use the neutral henna (cassia obovata) and also Rajasthani henna sometimes which results in a dark brown color.

I used Bigen oriental black on 9/15. I did my first henna (Mumtaz) on 10/21 and the 2nd on 10/28 (Dulhan). My skunk patch is a lovely deep shade of red. No green anywhere!!! And my hair feels stronger:grin:

thanks for the replies

what is compound henna?

Any recs on one that I can go for? I was after preferably a black colour... would that be a compound henna? if so any recs for any henna which should help with stronger, thicker hair etc

my hair was dyed (to like colour 4) last january but I still have the dyed bits on the ends

Back