Anyone use Aveda's Be Curly on Relaxed Hair?

rdm

I have a co-worker who is natural. She uses Be Curly on her hair and it curls up so nicely!!!

I wonder if it would have the same effect on relaxed hair. Any relaxed heads ever try Be Curly?

glamazon386

I've never used it but it's to my understanding that it will only enhance the curl pattern your hair already has when it's wet. It won't create curls that aren't there. So if you're relaxed, it probably won't work. You could always buy it and try it out and then return it if you don't like it. Aveda will give you a refund.

GoingNatural

^^^ From my experience this is the case.

When i was natural last year i used be curly and it did not make my hair curly, and if it did enhance the curls it was nothing noticeable. my frizz was maintained, but IMO it does not create curls. many products claiming to make your hair curly tell you to scrunch and do all this stuff to your hair that actually messes up your curls and causes frizz.

Even as a natural i'm not totally impressed with the product, not for the price at least. it doesnt do anything that my leave in conditioners dont do.

If Aveda does refund, i say go for it because your experience may be different.

sunshinebeautiful

^^^ From my experience this is the case.

When i was natural last year i used be curly and it did not make my hair curly, and if it did enhance the curls it was nothing noticeable. my frizz was maintained, but IMO it does not create curls. many products claiming to make your hair curly tell you to scrunch and do all this stuff to your hair that actually messes up your curls and causes frizz.

Even as a natural i'm not totally impressed with the product, not for the price at least. it doesnt do anything that my leave in conditioners dont do.

If Aveda does refund, i say go for it because your experience may be different.

This was me too. I'm texlaxed so I still have some curl to my hair. It did enhance the curls and eliminate some frizz but it didn't create curls at all. I bought the entire line and was less than impressed. I'm taking mine back to exchange for some DR products! :grin:

Isis

When I asked about it in the past, one of the Aveda stylists said it won't be effective on my relaxed (texlaxed hair).

Ganjababy

I was thinking of using this when I do braidouts (applying before braiding hair) and seeing if it works. Anyone tried this before? If so does it enhance braidouts? Is it worth it for the price?

honeybadgirl

some people use it as a moisturizer. personally, i didnt see GREAT results with it. i wasnt impressed and like someone said, you can get the same look with conditioners:look:

sareca

I'm texturized and I wasn't impressed with it. It didn't really help with curl definition and it smells like black pepper or something.