Texturized or Relaxed but Curly Hair

foxy_brown

Is anyone having success with texturized or "relaxed but curly" hair? Do you have any tips?

My hair is relaxed but it remains curly (it's whichever of the type 4s that's the kinkiest) but this is the effect I want. My goal is to have a giant afro that's "relaxed but curly", right now I have a baby-medium afro and after lots of relaxing accidents I am at the texture I want, but I am hoping to get some advise on taking care of it so it grows.

Any suggestions for good routines to prevent breakage for texturized or "relaxed but curly" hair?

Jenn22588

I would do the same things people do with natural hair. Only comb when drenched with water & conditioner. Be gentle with it. I consider myself natural but I have had a texturizer twice since I stopped relaxing. This picture is a few days after I texturized myself and 1 yr after I had it professionally texturized. What I realized since then was that I didnt need to use chemicals, I just didn't know how to take care of my hair. I wouldn't mind a bigger curl but as you can see my hair laughs at relaxers.

Attachments

• IMGP0429.JPG
    IMGP0429.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 16