How to get a sleek straight look without a flatiron?

mikimix

On relaxed hair?

Straight hair looks best on me, and I find with my hair being SL, curly styles don't look that great because my hair isn't long enough for the curls/waves to hang nicely.

I also dont want to use direct heat.

Anyone have any ideas?

PuddingPop

A wet wrap and air drying. My hair comes out sleek and straight if I wash, dc, apply a leave in and some oils then "wrap" my hair 9 the old fashioned back in the day wrap) and tie it down with a scarf to air dry. You just have to make sure you wrap it really smooth.

Last edited:

hothair

Exactly I've been wetwrapping under the dryer for about 6 weeks and my hair's doing well. I alternate the sides I wrap to prevent thinning on any side. When the hair dries to make it silkier, I use the saran wrap treatment

MrsSmitty77

I would also suggest the wet wrap. If I wrap mine a few hours before bed and sleep on it and I wake up to nice smooth hair. Also Rusk Smoother Leave-In Conditioner helps.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Since you're SL, rollerset your hair on brown or green rollers and dry. Roll the hair up instead of down (Starting at the ends, put the roller on top of the hair to roll up vs. putting the hair on top of the roller to roll down) to get the roots flat. Wrap at night and you'll get flat iron straight hair.

Last edited: