anyone else have problems removing buildup even with clarifying?

abcd09

I can never seem to remove buildup from my roots. It looks grayish. I'll use clarifying shampoo (suave daily) and will scrub and still there's build up. Sometimes the buildup will be gone, but once I condition it's back again (grayish, flakey)

I'm puzzled.

QueenNefi

Have you ever tried neutrogena clarifying shampoo? I use it ever fee weeks to get the build up off my hair. I follow up with a moisturizing shampoo.

Mook's hair

Try adding 3 Tablespoons of Baking Soda to 2 Cups of conditioner let it sit on your hair about 10 minutes and rinse out.

lamaria211

nexxus aloe rid is the stuff i wash twice with it before following up with a moisturizing shampoo. hth

Bubble Tamer

This used to happen to me, but i have a dry scalp. No clarifying shampoos ever worked. I use the Walgreens brand of Neutrogena's T-gel shampoo, and it's the only thing that gets my scalp clean. It's pretty stripping though, so if you use it you may want to follow with a moisturizing poo. Washing in sections also helps.

manegoal

Try selsun blue (yellow cap) or Nizoral 1%. You can get nizoral 2% from a derm. You will need to follow with a very moisturizing conditioner. Last week my niece had this same gray scale on her scalp. Someone let me use their selsun blue with the yellw cap and all the gry scale was gone. There were only 3 visible flakes. Today I bought her some nizoral. Eta: I don't think there is a clarifying or clarifying/chelating shampoo that I haven't tried. I also tried tea tree and ecuplyputus and anything sulfate-free. nothing. until selsun blue, nizoral I read is a little stronger than selsun.

Last edited: