Natural Clarifying Recipies

so1913

II have the book "Curly Girl" and they recommend a few things to clarify. I haven't tried them yet, but I plan to. If anyone has tried them, please share your results!

"Lemon Aid"

It says "more clarifying and cleansing tha any shampoo, this moisturizing and neutralizing tonic adds shine to your hair and removes buildup. It's especially good for very dry or damaged hair"

-Combine juice of 1 large lemon with your usual amount of conditioner, then rinse through hair thoroughly.

Also here's something for a weekly scalp treatment. It says "since your scalp is also skin, give it a special exfoliating treatment once a week or s. Exfoliating will slough off any dead skin cells or conditioner buildup, making your scalp healthier and relieving any itchiness. Mix up and apply the exfoliating scrub"

-1 tablespoon brown sugar or quinoa (available at health food stores)
3 tablespoons of conditioner

Mix together to create a thick consistency

Wet your hair in the shower, then rub the paste on your fingertips. Apply to scalp and massage gently in circular motion, starting at the nape of your neck and moving upaward. Linger on any spots that seem tense or itchy.

Rinse throughly, then condition.

SparklingFlame

so1913 said:
Also here's something for a weekly scalp treatment. It says "since your scalp is also skin, give it a special exfoliating treatment once a week or s. Exfoliating will slough off any dead skin cells or conditioner buildup, making your scalp healthier and relieving any itchiness. Mix up and apply the exfoliating scrub"

Wet your hair in the shower, then rub the paste on your fingertips. Apply to scalp and massage gently in circular motion, starting at the nape of your neck and moving upaward. Linger on any spots that seem tense or itchy.

That sounds goood!

so1913

naturallady said:
That sounds goood!

Yeah, I'm going to pick up some stuff tomorrow. They have quite a few natural "remedies" in this book I want to try out.

PrincessScorpion

so1913 said:
Yeah, I'm going to pick up some stuff tomorrow. They have quite a few natural "remedies" in this book I want to try out.

Did you get this book from www.curlmart.com? I just got an order of Devacurl No Poo, Low Poo, and B'leave - in. Oh I forgot the curl towel. I have not used anything yet. I think I might try the scaple treatment with the brown sugar. Thanks

so1913

Prince3 said:
Did you get this book from www.curlmart.com? I just got an order of Devacurl No Poo, Low Poo, and B'leave - in. Oh I forgot the curl towel. I have not used anything yet. I think I might try the scaple treatment with the brown sugar. Thanks

I just picked the book up at Barne's and Noble a couple of weeks ago. I've been using Devacurl One Conditioner, Low Poo and B'Leave in for the past few weeks and really like the line.

MissDiva

I haven't tried these but I have tried Epson Salt and Conditioner as a scalp scrub and I clarify weekly with Baking Soda. I usually mix the baking soda in my shampoo. They both work great!

punchinella

so1913 said:
II have the book "Curly Girl" and they recommend a few things to clarify. I haven't tried them yet, but I plan to. If anyone has tried them, please share your results!

"Lemon Aid"

It says "more clarifying and cleansing tha any shampoo, this moisturizing and neutralizing tonic adds shine to your hair and removes buildup. It's especially good for very dry or damaged hair"

-Combine juice of 1 large lemon with your usual amount of conditioner, then rinse through hair thoroughly.

Cinnabuns does this too.

lawgirl02

I use the brown sugar scrub on occasiona...it's nice. I use a little more sugar tho...like 4- 5 tablespoons.

atlien11

Question about the brown sugar recipe: Sugar normally dissolves and you end up with syrup...does the brown sugar hold up and allow for exofillating properties? Thanks!
-atlien11

PrincessScorpion

so1913 said:
I just picked the book up at Barne's and Noble a couple of weeks ago. I've been using Devacurl One Conditioner, Low Poo and B'Leave in for the past few weeks and really like the line.

I got the book yesterday. :dance7: Girl so far you have not steared my wrong. :thumbsup: