Anyone 3c/4a/ AND 4b? I am...

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
..just wondering if anyone else have all THREE of these textures in your hair?? And what kinds of products do you use?

My nape and edges are 4b and I have some 4a curls in the middle and 3c curls toward the front...

I'm 8.5 months into my transition and I think it's time to start using products that I will be using when I am 100% there...

Anyone else share these wonderful hair textures with me...all at once and can share your regimens or products? :grin:

**sorry if there is already a thread, if so, please direct me there..**

naturalgyrl5199

I am all of the above.

Lets start from the back...The whole nape is all a very soft 3C....The middle and front is a 4AB mix....WEIRD!

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I am all of the above.

Lets start from the back...The whole nape is all a very soft 3C....The middle and front is a 4AB mix....WEIRD!

Your hair is beautiful! :yep: What kind of DC and leave in do you use? These are the main things I am trying to get down...

My new stylist (I love her) suggested Aubrey Organics products, but I have such an extensive product stash...

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I just became natural, but I think i may be all of those 3 textures :yep: While I was transitioning I was using primarily shea butter. I still use it now along with cantu shea butter and aloe vera juice.

ms.blue

I have those textures but I'm mostly 4a/b mixed w/ a annoying patch of 3c at the nape that I have been trying to cover. I don't try to define my curls cuz that will annoy the heck out of me since the 3c. will hang lower than the rest.

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
I have 3 textured hair. My strands are dense and tends to like moisture instead of protein. Too much protein makes my hair feel dry, to I tend to DC often. Products high in glycerine usually work best for me as my hair does not like oils.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I have 3 textured hair. My strands are dense and tends to like moisture instead of protein. Too much protein makes my hair feel dry, to I tend to DC often. Products high in glycerine usually work best for me as my hair does not like oils.

That sounds like my hair :yep: My hair loves glycerine and hates protein with a passion!

SweetSpirit86

Yes. Nape is 3c, the rest is 4a/b. It's smattered, so I can't point it out like, "The left side is this, and the right is that." It's just mixed in all weirdlike...

GeauXavi

^^^what she said. my nape is loose curls, and if i don't keep it cut, it hangs like a mullet under my twa

GaiasDaughter24

ME!!! My nape in the back is all 3c (which explains why I could never tell when I needed a relaxer back there when I was relaxed) the rest is all 4a/4b mix, mostly 4a though. I love the different textures. My 4b spots are nice and think, my 4a spots have cute little coils and the 3c section hangs quite nicely in back.

I use S-curl and seal with castor oil. That's pretty much it. I also use a regular conditioner as a leave-in sometimes. But I always seal with castor oil. It makes my hair SO soft.

I am for sure a mix of all three. For the most part, I guess I am 4a, with a few patches of both 4b and 3c mixed in. To me, it's just different degrees of kinks, waves and curls. Don't really have any coils (wish I did, though).

The top part of my hair is texture-less. It's very coarse and un-cooperative and has more of a wave texture than anything at all. I don't think it is any type but coarse and kinky!

hopeful

..just wondering if anyone else have all THREE of these textures in your hair?? And what kinds of products do you use?

My nape and edges are 4b and I have some 4a curls in the middle and 3c curls toward the front...

I'm 8.5 months into my transition and I think it's time to start using products that I will be using when I am 100% there...

Anyone else share these wonderful hair textures with me...all at once and can share your regimens or products? :grin:

**sorry if there is already a thread, if so, please direct me there..**

My hair is similiar to yours. My crown is 3cish I think, wavy, s pattern, kinky but with a little silkyness to it (does that make sense?), very agreeable, does whatever I want, holds moisture well, grows at the fastest rate. Nape and hair above my ears is 4b I think, nape is tightly coiled, very shrinkilicious, above ears is a z pattern, needs extra moisture, and extra gentle handling. The rest is a 4a/b mix. It all blends pretty well together so long as I don't try a wash n go. Twist outs are my friend.

I use the same products on all the textures just more product is needed for the 4b sections. Favorites: ORS replenishing pak, Joico Moisture Recovery, Redken Smooth Down conditioner & butter treat, S-curl, African Royale Miracle Oil Moisturizer, variety of oils for sealing.

Forgot about reggie...at the moment, it's just about a leave-in conditioner and wet bunning.

When I define (rarely), I use the same product everywhere. Took me some time to find the right thing that would agree with all textures (although, that definitely does NOT mean that all three textures end up looking the same...that NEVER happens).

I just use a leave in (PM The Conditioner, Infusium, or Aussie Moist) under gel...heavy on the leave in, light on the gel. Rake through and go.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
These are the few pics I have of the front texture--hair is wet...

And one shot of the back...I don't really have any shots of the middle, but I will update on wash day with some newer pics...:look:

Attachments

• DSCN0400.jpg
    DSCN0400.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN0399.jpg
    DSCN0399.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN0338.jpg
    DSCN0338.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 15

DreamLife

I think I am. It is 3c in the top half, 4a in most of the bottom half and maybe a little 4b at the nape. Its driving me crazy because its not at the length that I want right now, so I feel like I can't do much with it. I've just been doing wash and goes and twist outs after a pressing and heat damage situation. Going to try to rollerset this weekend.

I use Kinky Curly products, coconut oil, ecostyler gel (the pink one thats a 7 strength), ORS Conditioner and Ojon Shampoo (basically I'm just using all the products that I have from my PJ days until I can get a whole new regimen). I did break down and buy the Kinky Curly stuff because I had heard good stuff about it and its working well.

Last edited:

naturalgyrl5199

Your hair is beautiful! :yep: What kind of DC and leave in do you use? These are the main things I am trying to get down...

My new stylist (I love her) suggested Aubrey Organics products, but I have such an extensive product stash...

Thanks!

My hair in the pics is wet.

Right now I DC with a mix of VO5 Moisture Milks and Castor Oil, ORS Replenishing Condish, and Joico Kpax (Light protein).

At the time of the pics it was ORS Replenishing Conditioner mixed with Joico.

I like the new mix better. I wear twists and the CO keeps it from frizzing!