3c - 4a -4b ladies

hnntrr

So I tried looking this up but I didn't see anything on it so I thought if ask.

Has anyone with the hair types 3c/4a/4b noticed elongation of curls as early as NL? I don't know what type my hair is but I think it is in that range.

Aside from my denman issue pulling my hair out, my curls have been stretched more than it was a few weeks ago. Like the coils are not nearly as tight, I know that as the hair grows it gets heavier but I didn't think they would stretch this fast.

I did protein treatments and it did nothing out of the normal and my shrinkage isn't huge maybe like 70%? From wet to dry? I am just not sure if this is a thing that happens or if there is damage somewhere.

Thanks!

VictoriousBrownFlower

My curls started elongating right away. My hair grew down not out so it started to show elongation at around shoulder length. I cut it to neck length so I didn't notice much elongation at that point. By shoulder length it was around ear length in a wash and go.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
My hair (4B, Type-O, fine, dense, cottony, and coily) grows out rather than down but I still had curl elongation by about shoulder length. :)

Sent using LHCF app

LdyKamz

I notice the same for my hair. I am a 4b and I notice my hair starting to hang. It still sems short to me (because it is) but when I do wash and gos I notice my hair seems bigger because I don't have as much shrinkage as before. And I was just complaining about my crazy shrinkage last month.