Any1 conditioner-only washing when rollar setting?

I do conditioner-only washes after working out, towel drying the hair and pinning it up to air dry.

But when I rollar set at home, I do the full shampoo and deep condition thing. Is it okay to do conditioner-only washes when rollar setting? I don't know why, but I've noticed I lose less hair when I do conditioner only washes. Strange /images/graemlins/confused.gif Does anyone else notice this or is it just me?

Who else does their rollar sets without the shampoo stage? Just wondering if there's any benefits from doing this. I'm new to the whole conditioner-only wash thing and wondered if it works just as well for rollar setting as it does for post-work outs/pin up air drying days.

Allandra

Good question BRH. I do conditioner washes every now and then. When I say condition washes, I basically just wet my hair, slather on the conditioner, take my shower, then rinse my hair afterwards. I don't rub/massage my scalp with the conditioner though. I also lose less hair when I do a conditioner wash (it's not just you). /images/graemlins/grin.gif I wonder what's up with that? I'd love to know why. I've never done a roller set after a conditioner wash. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be ok to do.

sweetcocoa

I have. Just be sure to rinse very well. I also noticed I don't need as much conditioner or setting lotion....come to think of it I liked it alot. I've only done it a few times but each time my set turned out nice. Just be careful with using too many products(I get buildup easy).

Crysdon

I've been doing this for the past three weeks. It's true that you lose less hair with the conditioner washes and my roller sets come out so moist. I actually don't use a setting lotion (can't seem to find one that doesn't set "crunchy").

I do the conditioner wash in the shower (rinse for a full 5 minutes), get out the shower and deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner (with heat cap) then get back in the shower and rinse the moisturizing conditioner out. I then do the roller set with Infusium 23 Leave-In in place of a setting lotion.

I actually like my roller sets using this method better than the shampoo method, because my hair is softer and doesn't get as tangled, which makes the whole process go faster.

I think the main benefit using this method is you don't manipulate the hair as much as when using shampoo and your curls come out soft to the touch.

Thanks Crysdon, I'm definitely going to give this a try and see how I like it. Its so strange how little hair is lost too from conditioner only washes which I love.

Fingers crossed!! Thanks girls for the input.

Miss Montserrat

I have done COwashes and I absolutely love it. Like you, I experience very little hair loss as opposed to a regular shampoo wash. I also do roller sets with the COwash and the result is a thicker, softer head of hair. I always do it in the shower and I use a very light conditioner (like Pantene) and follow up with a deep conditioner as suggested by the person who started these washes. I NEVER have dull hair after these washes and I attribute that to the types of conditioners and leave ins that I use. To do my roller set, I use Aphogee, Infusium, Fantasia or Perm Repair setting lotion as a leave in because none of these products leave a film. Pantene Condtioner doesnt leave a film either. Take it from a skeptical person like me... COwashes and roller setting are the best things since sliced bread.

sweetcocoa

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I actually don't use a setting lotion (can't seem to find one that doesn't set "crunchy").

[/ QUOTE ]
Try Lottabody Cream Wrap for setting and wrapping...I swear by this. I hate crunchy hair. It is nothing like their lotion...trust me. I know I push this cream alot...but I really believe in it. It gives a nice set without being stiff and drying.

nita4

Good question! I've just started doing CO washes and I noticed the same thing. Less hair on comb out. Never thought about rollersetting afterwards. I'll have to give this a try after touch up time. Hey does anyone find it a little unsettling to not have "suds"??? That felt so weird to me. Didn't feel like I was cleaning my hair.