Any Updates on Glovers or Sulfur 8 users? ....

happylocks

Hey welcome Chocolate01, it is used as a anti-itch and for dry scalp, if u go to search type in sulfur there should be alot of post with that topic,

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/s...5&bodyprev=
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/s...9&bodyprev=

kaykay

I brought the sulfur 8 everyone' I had to my hair has been itching alot and since I have a sew in I can only wash once a week. My only problem is clogging my pores. I really don't want to clog my pores. I think I will try to use it twice a week and see what the results are.

happylocks

How do u know when ur pores are clogged, I apply S8 everyday for a week now, and I wash with CW every 3 days, and some days I clean my scalp with Seabreeze but I dont know how do u tell if it cloged any updates

L

LaNecia

I've been watching these posts for a while and am wondering if you ladies are aware that Glover's has a formulation that is FLORAL FRANGRANCE? The scent isn't quite floral but it's VERY MUTED in comparison to the traditional scent of that stuff. I wouldn't use that myself!

The ingredients are EXACTLY THE SAME with the exception of the scent.

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
I have been Sulfur 8 for a couple of weeks becasue my scalp is very dry and itchy. it has definitely been working.
I just use a little on my scalp after I wash,it is thick and does have a strong odor so i wouldn't recommend using alot.

mistee11

I brought the sulfur 8 everyone' I had to my hair has been itching alot and since I have a sew in I can only wash once a week. My only problem is clogging my pores. I really don't want to clog my pores. I think I will try to use it twice a week and see what the results are.

If I'm not mistaken, Sulfur 8 has a line for weave wearers as well. I'm going to see if I can find on line. Haven't seen it in any of the stores. If you can you should try Boundless Tresses. It's really good for itching.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I've been adding S8 to my OCT/MT mixture and using it on my scalp every other day. I have a 4oz. jar and i put half OCT and half MT in and mix. I then melt down my S8 and pour a thin layer (maybe a TBSP) on top of my mix, put the top on and shake it up. It mixes well, and it thickens up the OCT mix. The OCT/MT kinda mutes the sulfur smell a bit, and I like the tingle the S8 adds. I am in braids and I have been using this mix since I put them in Nevember 1st. My hair has grown nearly and inch in the "mohawk" area of my head, and nearly a half an in on the sides and perimeter. I am already having to take down and redo braids (sooo glad I know how to!). I am planning to get them redone profesionally January '09, but with this unexpected growth I might have to break down and do it sooner. Gonna try to keep redoing them myself for as long as I can!

PS: I was getting good growth with the OCT/MT by itsself, but for some reason, I think the S8 may have kicked it up a notch. We'll see in January when I post my "starting point" for the APL in "09 challenge....trying to make shoulder lenghth by January, "09!

Last edited:

monieluv

the only time i use sulfur 8 is with my mn for growth. don't know if that really applies to this thread. but oh well.

ycj1

Yes, I do! As a matter of fact I prefer the sulfur 8 than using Bee Mine!

I used the Bee Mine the other night, and it made me so sick bc of the smell!

I have 2 bottles of it and can't use them.

I also seem to get better results using the sulfur 8! Which I will continue to use.

But since my hair is in braids I can't give an accurate progression of it! But down the line in a couple of months I will let you know how I'm doing!:grin:

Jewell

I've used Glovers before, and currently use S8. You don't have to use either everyday to see results. Too much of a good thing isn't always a good thing, which may be why some are complaining of scalp dryness despite the use of a pomade on the scalp. I've used S8 off and on for years, never every day, just applying every 3 days or so, or whenever it's been absorbed, and I see good results.

I am aware that Glover's has a floral scent, and Sulfur 8 also has a new line of sulfur products called "Sulfur 8 Fresh," which has a light, fresh scent with the same benefits and sulfur component. I saw it being sold at Wal-mart about a month ago. You ladies should check out the "Sulfur Challenge" thread, as there are plenty of sisters there using sulfur-laden products including S8 and MTG.

I am thinking of picking up some Glovers soon to add a bit to my homemade MTG mix. I usually apply the MTG mix and S8 to my scalp every 3-4 days, and I see no dryness in between or due to using sulfur products on my scalp.

Last edited:

nysister

Cool beans. Thanks for the update.

I'm running out of a couple of things and I noticed this in my stash, so I figured I'd use it on my hair for a week or so, until other items came in, but it had me wondering if indeed it is helpful on not (considering it has Petroleum)

Thanks again!