Any Updates on Glovers or Sulfur 8 users? ....

karen

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is still using or is using any of these stuff for the scalp anymore? I was reading all the previous post about the successes of using this for faster growing hair so today I went out and bought a Glovers treatment with 2.5 sulfur, I just put it in my scalp for an hour now, I don't really feel any tingle maybe just a little bit of warmth. I think in order for you to get success, you have to use this on your hair everyday, I'm planning to use this on my scalp everyday and and everynight as much I can, and anyways I don't think the smell is that bad, lol u should try the aphogee...urghhh that's gross compare to this. anyway, I just wear a shower cap over my hair so it doesn't leak out or stick, anyways I hope someone here is still using this lol I would like to here some update. I wouldn't expect this to work though if I only use it a couple of time a week for a couple of hours, because the hair on my scalp is growing on a slow slow basis so I think that I would have to use this all the time continously for weeks or monthes for it to make a difference.

karen

joyous

I would be very careful about using the Glovers everyday. I think if you use it that often it might dry out your scalp after all it does have sulfur in it.

karen

Hi Joyous,

Yes, I guess, but I heard that some ladies in here use the sulfur 8 on their hair and ends as well to keep it moisturize I guess ??
I don't know, I guess it's like contradicting. anyways, on a old post someone said that they know a girl back in school who use this everyday and I guess it's fine and her hair grew alot during the summer break
, I'm gonna try this for a couple of months or so if it works, have u tried this yet?

ComfortablyNumb

I just started using sulfur 8, not for hair growth though but to keep my scalp from itching so bad. It feels soooooo good. My scalp is just tingling. I don't think the tingling is from the sulfur though, it might be from the menthol in it. I have used Glover's before and when I had an allergic reaction from weave and my hair was coming out, it stopped it immediately. So far so good. They say petrolatum is bad for the scalp but the way this stuff tingles feels like heaven!!!

joyous

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Joyous,

Yes, I guess, but I heard that some ladies in here use the sulfur 8 on their hair and ends as well to keep it moisturize I guess ??
I don't know, I guess it's like contradicting. anyways, on a old post someone said that they know a girl back in school who use this everyday and I guess it's fine and her hair grew alot during the summer break
, I'm gonna try this for a couple of months or so if it works, have u tried this yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've used Glover's before but not on a daily basis. I like the way it makes my scalp feel and yes you do get good growth.

karezone

I put Glover's on my hair twice a month out of habit. My Grandmother used to put it on my hair when I was little. She says that if I want to really have long hair, I need to get some vaseline and mix some sulfur in it and use that as a hair grease. I agreee with the sulfur part but not on using Vaseline. I wonder if Sulfur will mix well with some other oil? Maybe Olive.

alwaysonthegrow

Growing up I used vaseline and glovers mane as a hair grease and my hair grew so fast and so thick, now that I am older i find it harder to use because of the odor. Kids were a little more forgiving then I think my coworkers will be and plus honestly i don't know if I can take the smell myself. A friend of mine, who now has hair to her tail, used Sulfur 8 growing up and got the same results..sulfur 8 in my opinion smells better than glovers mane and that makes it a little more tolerable.

karezone

I have never used Sulfur 8 maybe I should give it a try. It does come in a light version I have seen it.

karen

alwaysonthegrow and joyous:

Okay, that's great that y'all had growth, but the problem is that how long do u have to put the "stinky" in your hair though? and how many days a week? okay, yesterday I used the glovers on my hair at 6pm I think and I left it on overnight until 5am when I can't stand it anymore and my shower cap keep falling off, so now my bed is all stinky and my hair still stink after I wash it- according to my bf who said that my hair stink,
arghh. lol, do ya'll use this for only a couple of hours before u wash ir use it on a continuing basis? cause I thought that in order to get faster growth, I gotta wear this thing almost all day and night,lol.
I don't think I can do that anymore now....

TwistNMx

Does anyone know where can you buy sulfur?
I'm thinking it may be good to use with shea butter. Someone mentioned shea butter to me earlier. Maybe this would not clog the pores if used very moderately.

karen

High Prietess,

I saw it yesterday at Walmart at the black hair care section, it's called sulfur 8, or u can use glovers, I bought the glovers at long drug, I think they sell it at most drug store, it's under dandruff hair care etc... the sulfur 8 and glovers are the same, sulfur 8 contains 2% sulfur and glovers contained 2.5 % sulfur.

TwistNMx

Oh, Karen
I thought it was mentioned "sulfur" as a seperate thing. ???For example: Shea butter vs. a product containing shea.

karen

High Priestess,

Yes, "sulfur" is the main ingredient in this anti-dandruff anti-itchy products, and yes there is a product some of the ladies on this forum used or using and it's called "sulfur 8" and another one is "glovers" which is what I'm starting to use now because it has a little more of sulfur than the "sulfur 8" I think the "sulfur 8" comes in a jar so I guess it's a creme or grease, and the "glovers" that I bought is a treatment and it's a liquid, so I guess use whatever suit u.

offthechainliz

A couple of days ago when I heard all the raves about sulfer 8, I to went out and bought it as a matter of fact it was monday. I used it monday night and the next day in school I couldn't stand the way my hair smelled I'm surprised no one said anything to me! then tuesday night i applied some again but very sparenly, just right on the scalp and I tried not to tough my hair at all with it and today the smell wasn't so bad.
I totally agree with comfortablynumb cause from day one of using it my hair began tingling like I was getting a mini scalp message and it feels so good!!!

but eveyone's perspective is different someone else might take the tingling as itching

but I swere it's only been 3 days but my hair already feels thicker at the roots

I'm also not much of a scalp greeser I haven't greesed my scalp for over 5 years(on occasion I would aply wildgrowth hair oil and it soften my new growth a bit but it didn't make my hair grow any faster.)

but even though the smell may not be pleasent I'm already getting good vibes about this product based on how my scalp feels

sweetdaises2000

so are you supposed to put sulfur 8 or glovers on your scalp everyday? because when iput it the first day, i still have some more on my scalp the next day, i'm i supposed to apply on top of that

offthechainliz

I decided to do it everyday to be consistent. but I'll be using it sparingly. try not to make it tough your hair as much as possible and only apply a small film to the scalp. I notice this help cut down on the smell a lot. If you use globs on your scalp then you probably won't need to apply it every day.

but I think the reason why I stopped using hair grease in the first place is because after a while the sweat, dirt, and outside pollutants do clog pores so I'm making sure I wash my hair at least every 3 days

I'm trying this for a month to see how well it goes, if I just get me usual growth I'm going to discontinue.

AMBERSKYE

Sweetdaises2000,

Use the product as needed. If your scalp doesn't need another application for a couple of days, that's fine. You don't want to "OVER DO" it!

happylocks

Hey everyone , I still need to get me some S8, but I have my frenchee, its is strong and not something u can wash out, but I dont lose much hair when using it comb my hair out, nothing eles works, if I just add oil too my hair and comb it out, I lose alot of hair alot,
Frenchee works well if I am going to do that, here are the links : http://www.longhaircareforum.com/s...&PHPSESSID=

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/s...&PHPSESSID=

is anyone still using it, some updates plz, and do u comb ur hair out everyday and apply the grease,
thanks

keke

i used sulpher 8 everyday too for a month and my hair grew. I dotn use it as much now cause i am in braids and too lazy to go through all of my hair to put it int, cept the front. LOL. But when i take these out im back to it again. I use it everyda. No problems. Put while ya hair is moist it'll feel real cool.

keke

thaaats right, OFF. Tahts why the smell woudl be so strong because peeps put globs on their heads. i dont do that and i only put it on my scalp only. Its not too bad as a pressing creme either. I'm gonna try that vaseline and s-8 mixture.

keke

Any1 know if Sulpher 8 has an oil? I could have sworn i saw it advertised along w/its new hair braid spray.

happylocks

S8 does have a braid spray, it should be at the BSS, I have seen them alot, but they do have a spray never tried it

chocolate01

I'm confused I thought sulfur 8 was an anti-itch, dry scalp treatment i've never heard that it helps with hair growth. I just started using it about a week ago because I have very dry scalp that flaked really bad even after I would wash my hair. I can say that it has worked great for me. I had a friend look at my scalp and she said my scalp looks a lot better since I have been using sulfur 8. My scalp also feels a lot better as well. Also in regards to how many times a day one should use it; on the jar it says it can be used 1-3x daily, but I only use it once before bed. HTH.

ps. any info anyone could give me on sulfur 8 and hair growth would be greatly appreciated.