another stretching question - flat ironing new growth

preciousstone

i'm sorry y'all.. i've been blowing up these boards with all sorts of questions.. but i need y'all's advice again..

is it okay to flat iron ng? i mean is there a down side? when and how often can i do it? i just did it today and my hair feels sooo much better!!!! I'm 12wks post and been wrestling with some breakage and tangling. but i dc'd and flat ironed my ng today after dousing it with coconut oil and it looks great and i dont feel like a forest is raging on top of my head.

I combed right thru it and yes i had a few hairs came out but not the pile of weeds i was getting before... so my question is.. can i flat iron my ng say... once a week after a dc? I want to stretch for another 4 or 5 weeks. Or will it cause more breakage?

I'd like to hear other people's responses.

I personally flat-iron every other week. A few days after, my new growth 'fluffs' back up. :look: I'll wait for responses with you.

Sorry I don't do this regularly, but I do notice that when cowashing, my hair is sleeker when it's been straightened. After a relaxer and a mega straightening session by my stylist, my hair is like silk for about 3 weeks. I am going to try flat ironing my roots this weekend (I'm going to do a rollerset on the ends, then blow out and flat iron my roots with a tiny flat iron. I am 14 weeks post and want a little taste of straight hair. :grin:

i flat iron when i'm in the middle of a stretch. i'm not very good at it but my mom did it for me once and it came out beautifully. when i flat iron, i make sure i only do the new growth and i don't go near my ends.

I flat iron my new growth once a month if that when stretching... I dont do it often not b/c of breakage, but because my hair ends up sweating out the next day so it's a waste of time :wallbash:

i very rarely will flat iron NG. i do roller sets most of the time and my NG stays pretty straight. which shockingly enough after 5 weeks, i have 3/4" of NG...

if i were to flat iron NG, i would only flat iron the sides and the top. just what's the most visible. the rest is fine to leave alone for me, plus it gives my hair some extra volume. ;)

Back