Flat-ironing question....

HappilyLiberal

Ok... I am currently almost five months post and attempting to do a 2-year transition. I have never flat ironed my hair--EVER!

I bought a flat-iron (my purple Solia is on it's way) because I wanted to flat-iron my hair for Easter Sunday. The problem is that I am concerned that I will mess it up since this is my first time flat-ironing my hair.

Do you guys think I will do too much damage if I flat-iron two weeks in a row (Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday). I have no delusions about my hair lasting the 8 days. One steamy shower will make my hair :brainfog:! After those two weeks I do not plan to flat iron again until July (if that matters).

chelseatiara

Ok... I am currently almost five months post and attempting to do a 2-year transition. I have never flat ironed my hair--EVER!

I bought a flat-iron (my purple Solia is on it's way) because I wanted to flat-iron my hair for Easter Sunday. The problem is that I am concerned that I will mess it up since this is my first time flat-ironing my hair.

Do you guys think I will do too much damage if I flat-iron two weeks in a row (Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday). I have no delusions about my hair lasting the 8 days. One steamy shower will make my hair :brainfog:! After those two weeks I do not plan to flat iron again until July (if that matters).

No as long as you deep condition your hair before and after and use a heat protectant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy_VzXCkKR0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL This is a good tutorial!!

LaFemmeNaturelle

Yeah I think you should be fine as long as you DC and do a protein treatment BUT here's secret to limiting reversion:

Don't take steamy showers!

I love my steamy showers as well but when my hair is straight, I only take warm showers. The mirrors are not fogged up so I know it wasn't that hot and my hair does not revert as much. When my hair starts to revert, I start wearing it wavy from a bantu knot.

Louisex3

hmm, good thread, every time i want to straighten my hair i'm always panicking looking for tutorials and shizz.