Another Hair Typing Question

Everything Zen

I'm relaxed at the time but I plan on eventually heading down the natural road. If I had hair like FlowerHair and Cichelle I would be ecstatic about being natural and would love to wear wash and go styles. However there is no way to figure out your hair type as a relaxed head is there?

Anyway my question is about hair types when they are combed out. I wanted to know what 3a/b/c and 4/a/b/c types look like when combed/brushed out because before I started my hair journey I always combed out any natural kinks and curls. I remember once when I was little taking a bath and dipping my natural pressed hair in the water and was amazed at the pretty corkscrew curls that it formed. I have an inkling that I am some part 3b/c most likely but I want to know more about the differences between 3s and 4s.

Thanks in advance!

BostonMaria

Hair types http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types

You can try going to Fotki and typing 3c, 4a, etc... or you can look on youtube. It can get a bit tricky because even 3c hair can be different depending on texture. The hairtyping only applies to curl size, not texture of the hair.

Do you have any pictures of yourself as a child? I was 10 when I got my relaxer and even then I was never allowed to wear my hair down, but I kinda sorta had an idea of what my hair would look like natural.

Even if you don't have Flowerhair or Cichelle's hair it doesn't mean it won't be beautiful too

Everything Zen

Hair types http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types

You can try going to Fotki and typing 3c, 4a, etc... or you can look on youtube. It can get a bit tricky because even 3c hair can be different depending on texture. The hairtyping only applies to curl size, not texture of the hair.

Do you have any pictures of yourself as a child? I was 10 when I got my relaxer and even then I was never allowed to wear my hair down, but I kinda sorta had an idea of what my hair would look like natural.

Even if you don't have Flowerhair or Cichelle's hair it doesn't mean it won't be beautiful too

Thanks for the Fotki idea! I have one picture of myself at 17 but I've gotta find it, scan, etc. I never paid attention to my hair and then I got my first relaxer at 18.

I know it could be beautiful but man if I knew I had a wash and go hair like they do I would BC tonight! :yep:

BostonMaria

Thanks for the Fotki idea! I have one picture of myself at 17 but I've gotta find it, scan, etc. I never paid attention to my hair and then I got my first relaxer at 18.

I know it could be beautiful but man if I knew I had a wash and go hair like they do I would BC tonight! :yep:

Oh I believe that, but natural hair is so different and versatile. I have 3C hair if that helps. The health of your hair makes a huge difference too. There are other options too if your natural hair isn't what you thought or wanted. You could stick to straight styles, texlax, bunning, wash and go with some shrinkage, ponypuffs.. etc