An 4b inspiration

brittanynic16

I have noticed that 4b's are not getting enough love on the board. When people see the 3's they get way more love than the 4's. Don't get me wrong, I love the 3's but I love the 4's just as much. If we are truly making the progress that we claim then we should see every hair type as beautiful. Anyway, I just want to post my hair inspiration. I hope that she doesn't mind but I am so in love with her hair. She is a natural 4a/b but mostly 4b. I think that my texture is a bit different from her hair but she inspires me. I hope that when I am natural that my hair is as beautiful.
Sienna

ms_kenesha

Thanks for posting this pic journal. I try and get my fix of natural albums every day to help inspire my journey into natural hair.

jainygirl

her album just has me like
her hair is so BEAUTIFUL!!! and SO much growth so quickly!!!
she is beautiful and her hair makes her look like a model. i LOVE this album. thanks for posting it brittany

Nonie

Very nice, Brittany. Love her deep dark color and shine. And yes, the progress she's making is remarkable. Good for her!

Nay

Hey, I love the 4's. I'm a 4, so I gotta love 'em
I love the 3's, but I "relate" to the 4's.

And she does have lovely hair! So healthy and shiny. Thanks for sharing, brittany.

cutebajangirl

I like the album her hair is beautiful. I think it is interesting that as it grows the texture seems to change. It seems like you can't have a good idea of your own texture until you have a lot of growth. Anyway regarding your earlier statement. I think that 3 pictures may seem to get more love because there seems to be more 3's on the board.

cutebajangirl

[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
I am going by responds not the number of posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this in answer to me? I think you are gonna be much more likely to respond to what looks like what you have than what doesn't look like what you have. So if they are more 3's here then if a 3 posts as a 3 you are gonna be interested and ask questions, compliment etc. When 2's post they don't get much responses either.

brittanynic16

If you say so. However, I see things a bit differently. I think they are an equal amount 3's and 4's. Besides, I don't have to have the same type of hair to compliment someone. But, that is my opinion and I will leave it at that.

brittanynic16

If you say so. However, I see things a bit differently. I think they are an equal amount of 3's and 4's. Besides, I don't have to have the same type of hair to compliment someone. But, that is my opinion and I will leave it at that.

swayback23

Wilth all the pic of models and celebs with flowing European extentions (not all of them
calm down), and the overwhelming number of relaxer threads, why would you thin this site is designed to promote EVERY type of hair as beautiful? Let's be honest. This site hair board mainly forcused on relaxed and straight hair. There are a few naturals, but not nearly as many as those seeking to flee their napps and kinks. If you're looking to see 4B hair celebrated, this ain't the party.

She does have lovely hair.

miss_brown

[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
If we are truly making the progress that we claim then we should see every hair type as beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point... ITA. Her hair looks great (I especially like the 'fro) and thanks for posting the list link

kytrona

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
I think it is interesting that as it grows the texture seems to change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could it be changing because of the MSM?

pookeylou

Love Sienna's album...one of my favorites to visit.

I have close close to 90 Fotki friends and another 15 or 20 favorite links set up...the majority have 4'ish hair....GORGEOUS 4'ish hair.

Nyambura

surfer girl
[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
I have noticed that 4b's are not getting enough love on the board. When people see the 3's they get way more love than the 4's. Don't get me wrong, I love the 3's but I love the 4's just as much. If we are truly making the progress that we claim then we should see every hair type as beautiful. Anyway, I just want to post my hair inspiration. I hope that she doesn't mind but I am so in love with her hair. She is a natural 4a/b but mostly 4b. I think that my texture is a bit different from her hair but she inspires me. I hope that when I am natural that my hair is as beautiful.
Sienna

[/ QUOTE ]

Brittanynic ~

Thank you! Her hair is gorgeous! Fabulous texture(!!!), color, everything!
Ok, I have to admit, a few times I felt myself choking on my own envy while admiring her hair...if only my afros looked like that!
{sigh} If SiennaSilk's hair is 4b, then it is truly the most versatile hair -in my humble opinion- on Earth! Perhaps the ridicule of Type 4 hair stemmed *in the beginning* from the jealousy of those who didn't have it...you know, like the fable of the fox and sour grapes? How could anyone call hair that flawless "bad"?
SiennaSilk can style some hair. Thanks for the inspirational pix.

cutebajangirl

I think many are jealous of the versatility of out hair and the various things we can do with it. The whole typing is pretty rediculous anyway. I don't think the 4 type system that Andre is broad enough for black hair types. Here is someone that I think is 4b who has hair like mine crazycoil.sili.net/natural2004jan.php but she is very different from the original link posted in this thread.

brittanynic16

Good point. I never thought of anyone being jealous of our hair. It is pretty great. I would be jealous too. Wow, cutebajangirl the hair in your picture is a lot differnet from her hair. I think the difference has to do with the thickest, and whether the hair is fine or not. I guess that could be it. I don't know.
I think it could also be the hair care products. But, they both are pretty.