Am I the only one who loves Pantene?

atl_mulattamami

Wow, I feel like I'm the only one who likes Pantene!! I've looked through posts and a lot of people seem to complain that it makes their hair dry. I LOVE Pantene! Is there anyone else here who's with me?

CarLiTa

i was using Pantene R&N before i came to LHCF but i soon changed when i heard all the bad stuff about it. I thought it was pretty good, and that wow my hair was feeling a thick and fluff right after the shampoo but they told me it was because it had petrolatum in it... so yeah i evidently left it, and i've found better shampoos since then... like Rusk Moist and Creme of Nature

nelli711

I used to use Pantene too & I loved it, it gave me great slip but like Carlita said I stopped using it because of all the bad stuff I heard about it.

secretdiamond

nelli711 said:
I used to use Pantene too & I loved it, it gave me great slip but like Carlita said I stopped using it because of all the bad stuff I heard about it.

me too, but I am soooo glad I did. CON is the BEST!!!!!!! :yep: :D

Victorian

old head
***OFF TOPIC****
I'm glad you guys have found stuff you like better, but seriously, you don't have to give up something that's working for you just because someone else thinks it's bad.
For every person that thinks grease is the enemy, there's another that has been using it for years and has hair down to there. For every person who insists that you wear a bun 24/7, there's somebody who has their hair out and blowin' in the winter wind every day and is still retaining length. Some people can't stand cones and would rather wash their hair with powdered Tide than use something with dimethicone in it, and some people love their pure silicone serums more than anything. I mean I know we're all here giving each other suggestions and stuff since that's what the forum is for, but I think it's most helpful if you're having a problem, or just want suggestions to try something new. Otherwise you become a PJ for no reason when you had products that were working for you.
Oh yeah, Pantene... :lol:
I used to use Pantene Smooth and Sleek when I was relaxed and I liked it a lot. I also really liked their light detangling leave-in :up: My natural hair doesn't seem to like Pantene as much :ohwell:

amy1234

I used to use it a lot especially for detangling, but I slowly drifted away from it. I think that it had to do with the smell of it was not the greatest and I could get the same kind of slip from other hair products that smell better to me.

SqrpioQutie

i love the conditioner in the curl line... smells good, too... definitely doesn't dry my hair out (i haven't tried the shampoo though)... i alternate it with NTM daily deep conditioner... both work great for my hair!!! :woot:

Sosoothing

I love the intensive moisturizing conditioner and I would purchase it again if I wasnt concentrating on getting through the conditioners I already have. I tried the oil moisturizer but it didnt work for me. Instead of thowing it out and wasting money, I now put it on kanekalon hair after washing it just before I braid my hair. It makes the Kanekalon soft, easier to handle and I am convinced it has to help my hair retain some kind of moisture while wearing the braids.

What bad things have been said about the product line?

mermaid

I totally like it- I don't buy into the fads on the board, I just go with what works for me and Pantene R&N I really like, but I am trying the Brunettes line to see how that works- I love love LOVE the smell of pantene; it's so fresh smelling and my man always likes to sleep with his nose in my hair, lol!! CON always has that underlying chemical smell to me that I can't stand, and I really don't feel like spending big sums of money on the fancier brands when Pantene gives me just as nice results!:)

I love the way my hair moves in the breeze and how light and bouncy it is; like I said, it works for me and that's all I care about, haha!!:lol:

Peachtree

I :love: Pantene Hydrating Curls & Smooth 'N Sleek. I ventured away from them for several months, but returned back to Hydrating Curls this month. Right now, it's giving me more slip then my beloved DDTA!

atl_mulattamami

BlackCardinal said:
***OFF TOPIC****
I'm glad you guys have found stuff you like better, but seriously, you don't have to give up something that's working for you just because someone else thinks it's bad.
For every person that thinks grease is the enemy, there's another that has been using it for years and has hair down to there. For every person who insists that you wear a bun 24/7, there's somebody who has their hair out and blowin' in the winter wind every day and is still retaining length. Some people can't stand cones and would rather wash their hair with powdered Tide than use something with dimethicone in it, and some people love their pure silicone serums more than anything. I mean I know we're all here giving each other suggestions and stuff since that's what the forum is for, but I think it's most helpful if you're having a problem, or just want suggestions to try something new. Otherwise you become a PJ for no reason when you had products that were working for you.
I used to use Pantene Smooth and Sleek when I was relaxed and I liked it a lot. I also really liked their light detangling leave-in :up: My natural hair doesn't seem to like Pantene as much :ohwell:

thats what i'm sayin! i stopped using Pantene R&N for a long time because it was so "bad" and i quickly realized my hair wasnt the same without it. after i started using it again i could immediately tell the difference, especially now that im natural. my stylist even commented on the difference.

zoj2

I used R&N shampoo and conditioner and thought is was good, but then I joined LHCF and learned of every better products.

secretdiamond

BlackCardinal said:
***OFF TOPIC****

That's exactly what the forum is for. Many of us were using products and taking care of our hair in ways we thought were the best for us and LHCF showed us better ways and we were like "oooohhh." I thought i liked pantene b/c of it's popularity and never really knew what slip should have really felt like. My hair had always been dry so I never knew it could get any better. That's why when more knowledgable ppl were saying things on this board about pantene and there being better stuff out there, I realized that my hair did not have to be condemned to dryness. Now even some ppl say that CON isn't the best, but it works for me so yeah, I'm sticking with it. I don't jump on bandwagons either, never have, but I won't be close-minded and not be opened to new changes- esp. since I haven't really found a set regimen yet. No one is perfect and we can all learn from each other. :)

sylver2

Pantene conditioners are indeed very good.
Pantene shampoos are very harsh and stripping. I know..I use to use the whole line religiously. My hair was dry and brittle.

Country gal

I love their conditioner. I have the brown one for relaxed and natural hair. I use it mostly for conditioner washes.

natstar

I used to use the hydrating curls conditioner after my shampoo and I loved it. It was my only conditioner, but after using it for over a year I simply got bored and wanted to try other stuff. But it does work.

LABETT

I use Pantene Full & Thick conditioner for co washes with great results but they have changed the formula of the Pantene conditioners.
I liked the old formula the best.

locabouthair

i used to use their R&N poo and con because it left my hair feeling soft. and i love the way pantene smells. i ran out of pantene but ill buy some more when i run out of my dove then i'll use it for a conditioner wash.

MizAvalon

I used to use it years ago when I was natural. Now that I have my beloved Kerastase, I ain't using anything else! :)