THE PANTENE CHALLENGE!!!

azul11

OK I was sitting waiting on a line and started looking at my ends. To my dismay I observed that they looked more like a before picture then the after. I figured I could do one of two things. Give up and just throw a wig or braids in my hair or I could do something about it. Then I thought about that thread where the person (sorry cant remember who) said they used pantene light spray conditioner for three weeks and noticed a definte difference which led me to challenge myself. I have one or two pantene conditioners and just bought the pantene light spray. So here is what I am going to do:

I am putting Pantene to the test. I WILL NOT be using their shampoos but I will be using their conditioners and the spray conditioner and do this continuously for a month. By the end of the month if my hair has improved I will sing the praises of Pantene from here on out and write them a lovely letter expressing my delight. If it doesnt then they wont get such a lovely letter.
. Here's what I plan to do:

Condition wash every other day or 1x or 2x a week with a Pantene conditioner.

Use a pantene conditioner and the light spray after a regular shampoo and condition.

Spray every night with the spray condition and use the method recommended by den1.

Write down every day my findings.

I have to do because I keep complaining about my hair and now its time to be proactive. Hopefully this will work itself out and I can be singing the praises of pantene. Oh and also I will keep my hair up or at least away from my bag and my shirt.

I think I will start officially next week because this week I am doing a regular wash tomorrow but I will try to use some of the same rules.
God bless you all.

ms_kenesha

Congrats on your Pantene Challenge!

I am a new convert to their curly hair conditioner. I use it for my co-washes religiously.

Victorian

old head
I'm not really using pantene right now but it used to be all I used. I really do love the smooth and sleek con and the daily leave-in--and they smell soooo good. I hope it works out for you. Good luck!

azul11

Thanks. I think this will also help me calm my pjism down a bit. But I am hoping this works. I really do want to narrow down the products that I use and know for a fact work well for me. God bless you all.

NYCQT16

Natural Again
I just bought the Pantene Full & Thick conditioner and was eyeing the spray. After I get my touch-up and can do my first wash I think I will join this challenge with you

Allandra

Does your hair get build-up easily? What will you be doing in order to prevent build-up? Since Pantene contains cones, you may have to find something to combat that. Just a thought.

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Does your hair get build-up easily? What will you be doing in order to prevent build-up? Since Pantene contains cones, you may have to find something to combat that. Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm buying some Dr. Bronners Peppermint Castille soap, that should be a sufficient clarifying shampoo, right?

alibi

hair bored
Ms. K,

I'm sure it will be fine as for clarifying. It's pretty strong though, so be careful.

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
ayanapooh said:
Ms. K,

I'm sure it will be fine as for clarifying. It's pretty strong though, so be careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll definitely be a diluting fool

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm buying some Dr. Bronners Peppermint Castille soap, that should be a sufficient clarifying shampoo, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I heard it was good for clarifying.

azul11

okay so I am on day 2 of my pantene challenge. I spritzed my hair the first day with the light conditioning spray and sealed it with oil. yesterday i did a regular wash using smooth and sleek as the final conditioner and using the light conditioning spray as a leave in and some serum. roller set and let it air dry. this morning took the hair out the rollers and it was bouncy and shiny. my ends look AWESOME!!!!! My hair looks like I got it done at the salon and that is amazing to me because i have to left hands.
God bless you all.