Am I the Only One? Myhoneychild Product Review

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
How dare you use PJism and end in the same sentence..:lol: I think I'm gonna get the Coco de Leche, Sun Kissed and the Pudding too! I do want more..but I don't need it.. I can admit that at least..:look:

TigerLily

I have the Type 4 hair cream...my hair LOVES it!!!

I don't like Carol's Daughter's products. The HHB and hair milk was greasy and just sat on my hair. I tried to like those products, I really did, but I had to give them up. They're sitting here right now, lookin' at me like a couple of orphans, lol.

PhonyBaloney500

TigerLily said:
I have the Type 4 hair cream...my hair LOVES it!!!

I don't like Carol's Daughter's products. The HHB and hair milk was greasy and just sat on my hair. I tried to like those products, I really did, but I had to give them up. They're sitting here right now, lookin' at me like a couple of orphans, lol.

You should trade 'em! :)

Hey RUSH--lol re ending PJ'ism! Come on you know it has to stop...at some point.

Wow I got my Honeychild stuff --super fast shipping. I tried the Type 4 a LITTLE--it's a little liquidy--well softer shall we say that the Oyin Whipped pudding...the Honey Hair Mask smells like a cookie! I'll give them all a real go this weekend! :)

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
PhonyBaloney500 said:
You should trade 'em! :)

Hey RUSH--lol re ending PJ'ism! Come on you know it has to stop...at some point.

Wow I got my Honeychild stuff --super fast shipping. I tried the Type 4 a LITTLE--it's a little liquidy--well softer shall we say that the Oyin Whipped pudding...the Honey Hair Mask smells like a cookie! I'll give them all a real go this weekend! :)

Yah, like when I go bald...:lol:

That is super fast shipping!! Question.. does anyone know how to order from the stuff on sale and other stuff and have it end up in the same basket? There are like 2 separate baskets if you do that..

A_Christian

I use the type 3 creme as well as the type 4 creme. I find that it is better to use very little of the product. It's so thick that a little goes a very long way. It seems like some creme moisturizers, even when they have really good ingredients, dry my hair out if I use too much at once.

Nice

A_Christian said:
I use the type 3 creme as well as the type 4 creme. I find that it is better to use very little of the product. It's so thick that a little goes a very long way. It seems like some creme moisturizers, even when they have really good ingredients, dry my hair out if I use too much at once.

You and I must have received 2 different product because the Type 4 cream is very lite (not thick at all :ohwell: )

PhonyBaloney500

Nice said:
You and I must have received 2 different product because the Type 4 cream is very lite (not thick at all :ohwell: )

Maybe she means that the Type 3 cream is light...

I honestly didn;t really know what type to buy because the typing on her site seems a bit odd...

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
PhonyBaloney500 said:
Maybe she means that the Type 3 cream is light...

I honestly didn;t really know what type to buy because the typing on her site seems a bit odd...

Yah, some of her examples of 2's look like 3's to me.. I'm gonna order tonight..I need to narrow things down though...I might not order as much as I wanted to at first.. the sale at Vitamin Shoppe ends the end of the month and I want to get 2 more bottles of the Country Life Maxi-Life hair..they are 40% off..so a bottle of 90 is only $12-something.. which is pretty damn cheap..maybe I should get 3 bottles.. and then there is CurlMart...:lol:

Bunny77

Hey RushGirl! I finally responded to your PM, so you might get some more ideas about what to buy from CurlMart!

As for MyHoneychild, I've had mixed results. The Type 2 creme, which I bought from Ayanapooh, seems to be almost like a styling gel for me... I'm obviously not a Type 2, but the ingredients listed are things my hair likes. I'm going to wait until a day of high humidity here before I try it again. If it stands up to the humidity, it's a keeper.

The type 3 is probably my favorite and the type 4 is a bit too heavy, unless I just put it on those kitchen parts that I have.

I like the shampoo though, and the conditioner is nice... makes my hair soft. The Herbal Hair Cocktail seems nice too.

However, I'm noticing that my hair doesn't respond all that well to "watery" products nor creamy/buttery products. It likes an inbetween kind of product, maybe the consistency of a Suave conditioner... a lot of the MyHoneychild stuff seems to fall in the watery or buttery category, which might be why it's not the best stuff ever for my hair. Good stuff, but nothing better than the staples that I already have. (so far)

HWAY

I really liked the way the type 4 cream moisturized my hair but that feeling didn't last long. I'm not used to using a product 3-4 times daily. I put some in hair last week (5 weeks post relaxer) and the new growth just swelled up, making my hair look like it needed a relaxer ASAP. I think I may need to mix it with an oil or something because it was a little too light.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
Bunny77 said:
Hey RushGirl! I finally responded to your PM, so you might get some more ideas about what to buy from CurlMart!

As for MyHoneychild, I've had mixed results. The Type 2 creme, which I bought from Ayanapooh, seems to be almost like a styling gel for me... I'm obviously not a Type 2, but the ingredients listed are things my hair likes. I'm going to wait until a day of high humidity here before I try it again. If it stands up to the humidity, it's a keeper.

The type 3 is probably my favorite and the type 4 is a bit too heavy, unless I just put it on those kitchen parts that I have.

I like the shampoo though, and the conditioner is nice... makes my hair soft. The Herbal Hair Cocktail seems nice too.

However, I'm noticing that my hair doesn't respond all that well to "watery" products nor creamy/buttery products. It likes an inbetween kind of product, maybe the consistency of a Suave conditioner... a lot of the MyHoneychild stuff seems to fall in the watery or buttery category, which might be why it's not the best stuff ever for my hair. Good stuff, but nothing better than the staples that I already have. (so far)

I just saw this..so you can ignore some of the questions I wrote back to you!

Have you tried mixing the 2/3 creme together??