Loving MyHoneyChild Hair Products!!! (Long)

Tai

I had ordered the Herbal Hair Cocktail, My Hair needs a Type 3 cremé, and the Caribbean Hair Activator. The shipping was lightening fast. I placed my order late on Thursday and it got here by Monday.

The Herbal Hair Cocktail is supposed to be a porosity control, leave in conditioning product. I got that to help combat the very dry, potentially scab hair that's on part of my edges and part of my crown. It does smell herbal, like Ayanapooh had mentioned. I liked the herbal smell and it wasn't overpowering or lingering. I noticed the day after I used it that those areas weren't as dry as they usually were. I'll monitor my hair and see if it works. I'm not using this product all over my hair, just in those very dry areas. Right now, it gets a :up: from me.

The type 3 cremé is not thick like I thought it would be but for me, that was a good thing. My hair doesn't tend to like very thick products. It likes creamy lotion-like products. The whipped butters and oils in the type 3 cremé are light and non-greasy. It melts on the hair and has a citrusy, pleasant smell that does linger slightly but also isn't overpowering. The cremé is supposed to be 75% control, 25% moisture. I didn't think it would be able to hold down my little flyaways but it did and it left a nice shine as well. My hair feels very soft and silky. This also gets a :up: from me.

The Caribbean hair activator has a thin, watery consistency but doesn't have water as one of it's ingredients. For some reason, I wasn't expecting that but most other curl activators (S-curl, Care Free Curl, etc.) are also watery. It also has a citrusy smell due to the lime & rosemary essential oils added in. I used it on the length of my ponytail this morning and it added a nice shine and some additional curl definition to the texturized part of my hair. I'll have to use it the next time I do a wash n go to see if it works on my natural hair as well. But so far, so good. :)

I would definitely recommend MyHoneyChild products. Go to her site and look at the product listing and if you have questions about the products, shoot her an email. She's quick to respond and have recommendations. And for those who were wondering if the new chocolate moisturizer was up, it is now. There's a hair cream/lotion and also a conditioner. It's the Koko product listed first on both the styling products and conditioning product lists. :)

Yet another rave! Well...it looks like I will be ordering soon. I have been eying the My Hair Needs A Type 3/4 Cream...the Honey Hair Soy Milk...the Guava Hair Balm....and the Honey Love Pomade for over a month now. I haven't decided which one to try yet though. There is no way I can get all of them..I would be too broke!

I'm glad that they all work for your hair. Thanks for giving your view on her stuff. :up:

Last edited:
I ordered some of the MyHoneyChild products on the low. :sekret: I bought the Sweet Almond Hair Milk, Herbal Hair Cocktail, and Caribbean Hair Activator. I've only used the Sweet Almond Hair Milk so far and let me tell you, I love it! I put it all over my hair at night and when I get up in the morning, my hair is so soft and moisturized. The smell is heavenly too and that's always a plus. :)

I was eyeing the Sweet Almond and Coconut Hair Milks. And the aloe vera leave in. And the honey hair moisturizer. :sekret: But I'm supposed to be on the no new products challenge after getting the first three MyHoneyChild products. :look:

Mine just came in the mail yesterday... I'll be trying them Friday and will get back to you with a report! I'm excited! They smell so good!

:mad: I'mma stop reading these :censored: posts!!! Y'all always RAVIN' 'bout something!

**sengs leaves thread disgruntled but re-calculating her hair budget :sekret: **

Yay for the update! :clap: I was doing fine with my PJism until the MyHoneyChild posts. :wallbash: But so far, it's been worth it. I'm holding back from buying everything. I haven't placed an order with Oyin or Asha....yet. When is that no new products challenge over again? :look:

Sengschick, you really should just give in. Recalculate the hair budget and take the plunge. :poke:

Tai said:
The Caribbean hair activator...
It also has a citrusy smell due to the lime & rosemary essential oils added in.

I love the way this product smells! :lick: I've been looking for some lime essential oil to add to some of my other products. :lol:

i actually did good and i ordered just one product. i tried the honey love moiturizer which is so great. i thought i was going to be a cream but it's a liquid and it doesn't weigh my hair down at all. so i plan to get some more things next week, that's when my hair budget come back into play.

I plan on getting the honey love loc to use on my hair when I start doing comb/finger coils!!! I just checked out the myhoneychild site again today and I was pleased to see that she's changed the look of it and that there are new items! When I saw the new items, I was like this ----> :yay:

I'm glad you like your products Tai! :) I think I'll be ordering again, but I need to figure out which of her products work for me, so I'm waiting for more reviews. Otherwise my PJism will get the absolute best of me! If anyone is interested in buying or swapping the My Hair Needs a Type 2/3 Creme (I have an 8 oz. jar of each), please PM me. :sekret:

Back