Am I The Only Natural Who Can't Use Shea Butter,Glycerin & Oils??

MindTwister

When I first went natural back in 05 my hair LOVED shea butter, oils and glycerine spritzes. But then I stopped taking care of my hair and it got damaged. I got a cut and went back to using shea, oils and glycerine spritz, but my hair has not been responding well.
I don't completely give up yet because truth be told I haven't been taking care of my hair for over a year now. So I'm going to cut again either this week or next, start routinely conditioning and try my old products again.

I don't know what other products I'd use if even after going back to my routine conditioning shea, oils and glycerine spritzes don't work :ohwell:

Kurlee

Do any other naturals notice that their hair gets striaghtish when using oils, butters? This happens to me, and my hair doesn't respond well to them, it just makes it lose its definition.

Nice & Wavy

imstush said:
Jamaican Black Castor Oil, a little goes a long way.

Yes, now that I have purchased it and used it, it is very good...my hair absorbs it right up and my hair is left soft too. I only used a little and it worked my whole head.

cheetarah1980

My hair used to hate shea butter. It weighed my hair down and dried it out. But something changed as my hair got longer. I started adding shea butter to my protein deep conditioner and my hair absolutely loves it. I still can't use it as a sealant, but it does wonders as a conditioner.