Am I APL? (pics inside)

dreysonsmommy2011

Hey ladies! I am suffering from a severe case of "hair anorexia" and I need your help in determining whether or not I have reached APL. I had my SO measure my hair and he said yes, but I think the longer my hair grows I continue to think that it is short. Honest opinions are greatly appreciated and If I'm not please tell how far away I am. Thanks ladies!;)

(sorry if pics are a little blurry)

Side View Back View Back View

Kacie

Nicki has a great method for measuring APL. She wraps a towel under her arms, if your hair touches then you are APL.

Ayeshia

IMO I would say you are 1'' shy of apl... Im looking at your most recent siggy pic on the right...I would say where the top of your dress at is apl. Others may disagree but either way you've made astounding progress within 3 months :yay:

ETA: okay the pics that you provided in the thread didnt load until I posted my response :lol:...the most recent pics you provided look very close to APL :yep:

dreysonsmommy2011

Ayeshia said:
IMO I would say you are 1'' shy of apl... Im looking at your most recent siggy pic on the right...I would say where the top of your dress at is apl. Others may disagree but either way you've made astounding progress within 3 months :yay:

ETA: okay the pics that you provided in the thread didnt load until I posted my response :lol:...the most recent pics you provided look very close to APL :yep:

Yeah I think I may be 1/2 in. shy...so maybe by next relaxer I will surely be APL...I'm so close i could claim it...:ohwell:

rdm

nikkipoo said:
Yeah I think I may be 1/2 in. shy...so maybe by next relaxer I will surely be APL...I'm so close i could claim it...:ohwell:

Since hair grows 1/2" per month, you will be claiming in next month.

Ayeshia

nikkipoo said:

please dont get discouraged :kiss: shoot you might be there by next week...1/2 inch is literally a blink away :yep:

dreysonsmommy2011

Ayeshia said:
please dont get discouraged :kiss: shoot you might be there by next week...1/2 inch is literally a blink away :yep:

Discouraged, no not me...If anything I am encouraged. That means I need to be more proactive with my regimen(kind of fell off:ohwell: ) It all depends on how my hair lays, but I do know that it is so close. Boy SL to APL is truly a struggle:perplexed

meaganita

*Bre~Bre* said:
I think another inch you'll be right there.
I agree! You'll be there before you know it. Next thing you know you'll be battling BSL!!;) Keep up the good work chica!

GoldenBreeze

nikkipoo said:
Hey ladies! I am suffering from a severe case of "hair anorexia" and I need your help in determining whether or not I have reached APL. I had my SO measure my hair and he said yes, but I think the longer my hair grows I continue to think that it is short. Honest opinions are greatly appreciated and If I'm not please tell how far away I am. Thanks ladies!;)

Hey soror where ya been?

I'd say give it about another 1/2 inch, then you will be at APL and moving on to BSL.:D

dreysonsmommy2011

GoldenBreeze said:
Hey soror where ya been?

I'd say give it about another 1/2 inch, then you will be at APL and moving on to BSL.:D

Hey Sorhor! I have been MIA for a couple of weeks but I am back on track...I'll be glad when my hair is your length:grin: So I figure by my 25th birthday I(end of July)'ll be APL:)

Nonie

Ayeshia said:

Get out of my head Ayeshia! I agree Nikki you are soooo close!

BTW, Nikkipoo, I love how uniform your length is from base to ends. I'm smitten by how full and healthy your ends look! This is the sort of progress I love to see. :grin:

Empress Yahudah

nikkipoo said:
Discouraged, no not me...If anything I am encouraged. That means I need to be more proactive with my regimen(kind of fell off:ohwell: ) It all depends on how my hair lays, but I do know that it is so close. Boy SL to APL is truly a struggle:perplexed

@ the bolded....Isnt it tho???..But ur almost there I agree with most and say about a 1/2 or so ...Still great progress hon!!!

CHECKMATE!

I'm dealing with this same question...u r about 1-2 inches away....your next relaxer u will definitely be APL,with no doubt! ;) HHG

Blackoutzangel05

Kacie said:
Nicki has a great method for measuring APL. She wraps a towel under her arms, if your hair touches then you are APL.

That is a great method for finding out if you are APL. When I finally decide to straighten my hair I am going to have to use that method.

dreysonsmommy2011

Nonie said:
Get out of my head Ayeshia! I agree Nikki you are soooo close!

BTW, Nikkipoo, I love how uniform your length is from base to ends. I'm smitten by how full and healthy your ends look! This is the sort of progress I love to see. :grin:

Thanks Nonie!

GoldenBreeze

nikkipoo said:
Hey Sorhor! I have been MIA for a couple of weeks but I am back on track...I'll be glad when my hair is your length:grin: So I figure by my 25th birthday I(end of July)'ll be APL:)

Girl, now that you're back on track, you'll catch up with me in no time. But I ain't sitting here waiting on ya.:lol: I'm moving on to MBL and beyond!:lachen:

TLC1020

I'd say you're almost there, maybe half an inch or so.. But you are so close, next touch up you should be there with no problem :D

pistachio

Kacie said:

That IS a good idea:) I'll have to try it next wash day!!