Am I imagining things...Am I *GULP* APL?!

I admit, I am a chronic hair cutter. I'm one of those who for the longest confused dry ends to split ends. Now, I'm committed to not cutting my hair, and for the past month, I've been baggying my ends. I haven't cut my hair in about 4-5 month. Dont' plan on trimming again until the new year.

Anyway, I was playing around with my hair (I've been brushing SL forever) and I came to quite a surprise. Am I APL? Or close to it? Please tell me my eyes aren't deceiving me :perplexed
1) Unstretched
2) Stretched
3) Back View (please excuse the pankake booty, and back fat :lachen:)

Well let me ask you this question, does your hair at the crown of your hair stretches all the way down to where you are stretching the back part of your hair? Because the BACK of my hair stretches down that far too but I know I'm not armpit length.

If the top, front and sides of your hair reach that far down then yes I would say you are. But if it's not, then :nono:

Not to be discouraging, but I think too many times I see posts on here where the ladies are using the back of their hair as the measuring stick. the back, the very back by nature will hang further down simply because it's in the back. Just being cautious.

Well let me ask you this question, does your hair at the crown of your hair stretches all the way down to where you are stretching the back part of your hair? Because the BACK of my hair stretches down that far too but I know I'm not armpit length.

If the top, front and sides of your hair reach that far down then yes I would say you are. But if it's not, then :nono:

Not to be discouraging, but I think too many times I see posts on here where the ladies are using the back of their hair as the measuring stick. the back, the very back by nature will hang further down simply because it's in the back. Just being cautious.

Are you serious?! I've seen tons of BSL, MBL, WL, etc ladies on here with hair not entirely the same length all around, and they claim just as I have. Hell, alot of the same ladies have congradulated me on my APL status.

If I were to go by your measurment claims, and measure from my crown, with is toward the center of my head, then my hair will reach the back of my neck. Now ( I'm looking @ my profile pic now) do you really mean to tell me you view my hair as NL..or how about EL, since that is how long my sides are? Fo serious?! :look:

We think similarly. I don't think that just the nape should be used to measure length, because it can be misleading. But damn son...you wait for the sides AND the front too? lol, you're gonna be MBL before you can claim APL.

Are you serious?! I've seen tons of BSL, MBL, WL, etc ladies on here with hair not entirely the same length all around, and they claim just as I have. Hell, alot of the same ladies have congradulated me on my APL status.

If I were to go by your measurment claims, and measure from my crown, with is toward the center of my head, then my hair will reach the back of my neck. Now ( I'm looking @ my profile pic now) do you really mean to tell me you view my hair as NL..or how about EL, since that is how long my sides are? Fo serious?! :look:

But why you mad though? :lachen:

Yes, congratz! Apl is a huge milestone! grow girl :)

ETA: She has a good amount of hair and shrinkage is crazy crazy crazy. Beautiful hair op :)

Last edited:
Yes, congratz! Apl is a huge milestone! grow girl :)

ETA: She has a good amount of hair and shrinkage is crazy crazy crazy. Beautiful hair op :)

thanks sweetie! YOu know, I felt like the shrinkage kind of crept up on me. I never noticed it much before. I remember a time when I could pull my hair, and it wouldn't stretch anywhere significant. Now..it goes inches! :yep:

I love my natural hair!!

ETA: I was a model in a hair seminar..boy they were tugging and pulling on my precious locs. I kept thinking in my head (like Dororthy from Wiz of Oz), "there's no place like LHCF, there's no place like LHCF" lol. I couldn't wait to get back here and renew my hair sanity :lachen:

Congrats! Your hair feels short cuz you have hair anorexia like the rest of us. I'm WSL and it feels bald LOL

Congrats, girl! Claim it! :yep:
I am currently collarbone length and hope to be pleasantly surprised with APL status or very close to it next relaxer (crosses fingers)

Back