Alter Ego Linange Shea Butter Relaxer and Full Line - Review and Questions

I got my Linange Texturizer and Neutralizing Condish in the mail this week. I've been using Mizani for a couple of years with mixed results. I decided to try Linange based on what I've read here on the LHCF. Thank you so much for posting the pics.

Your most welcome:drunk: When do you plan on relaxing? I used to use Mizani too, but I kept getting burned and my hair kept getting to straight. I think you'll really like it. I do the half-half method and I usually leave it on for about 15-20 min.

Your most welcome:drunk: When do you plan on relaxing? I used to use Mizani too, but I kept getting burned and my hair kept getting to straight. I think you'll really like it. I do the half-half method and I usually leave it on for about 15-20 min.

I'm planning on relaxing on July 31. I'll be 16 weeks then and should have 2+ inches of NG. I didn't burn with Mizani but it was too straight for me too. My goal is to get to WNG. I'm in a Twistout 90% of the time and would love to be able to minimize my "touches" and still not look like the wicked witch of the west. :)

I just relaxed my hair with this amazing relaxer! YESSSSSSSSSS *Megatron voice*

1. Based scalp with vaseline. Applied it over ears, nape, neck and hairline. Applied Suave conditioner on previously relaxed hair.

2. Applied Linange Shea Butter relaxer over new growth and smoothed. Total time 25 mins.

3. Used Linange Shea Butter Neutralizing Conditioner 2 times. Used Proclaim Neutralizing Shampoo.

4. Moisturizing Conditioner - Silk Dreams "Razzberry Coconut Affair Conditioner" for 30 minutes. (about to rinse it out now and will use additional conditioner as a leave-in). I'll probably air dry because I want to use henna tomorrow.

My hair isn't dry so I don't know how straight it got. I am not good at taking pictures but I will try.

I just relaxed my hair with this amazing relaxer! YESSSSSSSSSS *Megatron voice*

My hair isn't dry so I don't know how straight it got. I am not good at taking pictures but I will try.

I can't wait to see ur pics!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

I AM SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS HOW AMAZING THIS RELAXER IS! No burning, no "relaxer smell," no issues and extremely easy to rinse out.
You better buy this relaxer! I have used every relaxer on the market (except mizani butter blend) and this is the only one that gets my hair straight. The pics aren't the best but you get the idea. This is my air-dried hair, straight but not bone straight... Full of body... Dark... I want to play in it all day.

ForumRunner_20130525_095025.jpg
ForumRunner_20130525_095035.jpg

Yesssssssssssss.

ETA: Last relaxer date was December 23, 2012, I believe. The stretch wasn't hard.

Sent from my phone using LHCF app.

Last edited:
I been stalking this thread for a while. I think I'm sold, I been natural off and on for years, but this time I want to have some texture instead of relaxing straight. My natural hair is too much again, wish I could handle it better.:nono: I been looking for a nice texturizer no burning. This will be my next one then.

Last edited:
I been stalking this thread for a while. I think I'm sold, I been natural off and on for years, but this time I want to have some texture instead of relaxing straight. My natural hair is too much again, wish I could handle it better.:nono: I been looking for a nice texturizer no burning. This will be my next one then.

I just got my Texturizer and neutralizer in the mail. I'm not going to touch up until the end of July. The results look amazing. I can't wait to try it. I have used MBB and it really gets me too straight. I'm almost 7 weeks post and planning on stretching to 16 weeks...having my supplies on hand is going to make it difficult! LOL

Anyone just using the neutralizing conditioner without following with a traditional neutralizing shampoo?

I want to just use the conditioner followed by french perm stabilizer plus. Even though I know the conditioner is made to neutralize, this still feels like a radical idea to me. lol

catty I already got a different realxer Silk mild. I wish I would of waited and gotten alter ego instead, grr. I don't plan to relax now maybe next month I'll just used what I have for now. Yes, when I used to relax I also used MBB it left may hair way too straight and it felt dry. You guys results looks great.

Anyone just using the neutralizing conditioner without following with a traditional neutralizing shampoo?

I want to just use the conditioner followed by french perm stabilizer plus. Even though I know the conditioner is made to neutralize, this still feels like a radical idea to me. lol

Some people just use the neutralizing conditioner. I use both the conditioner & shampoo, but its not necessary.

Some people just use the neutralizing conditioner. I use both the conditioner & shampoo, but its not necessary.

Where in the heck did you find the shampoo for less than 100 bucks??? Everywhere I look there's this giant jug of the vitalizing shampoo but nothing smaller.

Where in the heck did you find the shampoo for less than 100 bucks??? Everywhere I look there's this giant jug of the vitalizing shampoo but nothing smaller.

Sorry I meant to write I use linange neutralizing conditioner & mizani neutralizing/chelating shampoo.

Regarding the conditioner. There is a 32 ounce bottle sold at Sleekhair.com but to get on the waiting list for it, you need to email them or call them.

IT'S THAT GOOD! I love it.

Sorry I meant to write I use linange neutralizing conditioner & mizani neutralizing/chelating shampoo.

Thanks...that's awesome because I have an industrial size bottle of the Mizani poo. I'm good to go...now if July 31 could just hurry up and get here. LOL

May I ask a dumb question? :perplexed (I know there is an specific thread, but I thought I could get a faster answer on this one)

Linange is lye and I use Phyto 2 which is no-lye. Is it safe to change from Phyto to Linange? I think I have only used no-lye relaxers and beside being confused I really don't want to be left with 2" long hair.

My last touch-up was such a disaster. My hair didn't take it at all and looks exactly the same.

I believe it is safe to go from no-lye to lye.

- but everyone's hair is different-

navila
How often do you do your touchups

Your progress in your siggy looks great!

Personally no-lye tore my hair up. Took years to grow back my hair. :( The moment I switched to lye, my hair was more healthier. Whatever floats your boat!

I believe there is a no-lye version of the relaxer if you are interested. Whatever you do though, try not to yo-yo from lye to no-lye. HTH.

I just used this line for my self relax today. I LOVE it so far! I'm not the quickest at applying and smoothing, but I was able to do that with time to spare before I felt any tingling. And I hadn't based my scalp! The neutralizing conditioner is good too! It has protein in it, so it's like combining the protein and neutralizing steps together. My cuticles felt like they were smoothed as soon as I put the conditioner on, and my hair did feel strong after rinsing. I'm not sure how I feel about the restructuring mask. I'll have to wait until my hair is dry to comment on that, but I think I may have found the right system for me!

I just used this line for my self relax today. I LOVE it so far! I'm not the quickest at applying and smoothing, but I was able to do that with time to spare before I felt any tingling. And I hadn't based my scalp! The neutralizing conditioner is good too! It has protein in it, so it's like combining the protein and neutralizing steps together. My cuticles felt like they were smoothed as soon as I put the conditioner on, and my hair did feel strong after rinsing. I'm not sure how I feel about the restructuring mask. I'll have to wait until my hair is dry to comment on that, but I think I may have found the right system for me!

Yay!! Any pics??? I'm glad u had success w/ this relaxer.

My hair isn't dry yet, so maybe tomorrow. I typed that as I was under the dryer with the mask. I was so excited from the results.

My hair isn't dry yet, so maybe tomorrow. I typed that as I was under the dryer with the mask. I was so excited from the results.

I'm thinking of switching to this as my first lye relaxer. Did u use the lye version? If so were u using lye before?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm thinking of switching to this as my first lye relaxer. Did u use the lye version? If so were u using lye before?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Rnjones- I did use the lye version. I've always used lye to self relax.

I took this picture at work this morning. I have thin hair, but I don't have that "flat to my head/ just relaxed" look. I air dried in a wet wrap and took it down this morning.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130624_093413.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130624_093413.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 94
For those with medium dense BSL length, what size (in ounces) relaxer do you purchase? I see some sites offer 7.1 oz and 15 oz..

I would like to try this relaxer out but I'm unsure how much I'll need. TIA!

Back