ALLERGIC REACTION TO DYE!!!!!

JuicesN'Berries

Hello Everybody...Ok so I dyed my hair yesterday with Natural Instincts: Midnight Black (I know I probably am dead wrong for using it) but this is actually the second time I used it and I had an allergic reaction both time s I used it (I know I'm dead wrong for using it again) But anyway has this happen to any of you? I have bumps all around my neck and back and it itches like crazy. On the instructions it said if you have tattoos you might have an allergic reaction......I thought that was so silly...but it is soooo true (I have three tatts) Does anyone know why that happens?? Thanks in advance.

BeautifulFlower

Sorry to hear about that.

Just a HIN treatment (henna/indigo) treatment next time. My siggy was after my 2nd henna/indigo treatment.

Hello Everybody...Ok so I dyed my hair yesterday with Natural Instincts: Midnight Black (I know I probably am dead wrong for using it) but this is actually the second time I used it and I had an allergic reaction both time s I used it (I know I'm dead wrong for using it again) But anyway has this happen to any of you? I have bumps all around my neck and back and it itches like crazy. On the instructions it said if you have tattoos you might have an allergic reaction......I thought that was so silly...but it is soooo true (I have three tatts) Does anyone know why that happens?? Thanks in advance.

Neith

Yep, some people are just allergic to hair dyes.

Honestly, there can be worse reactions than what happened to you! i would think twice before using color again.

The henna/indigo treatment is a great suggestion :yep:

scribblescrabble2

Yep, some people are just allergic to hair dyes.

Honestly, there can be worse reactions than what happened to you! i would think twice before using color again.

The henna/indigo treatment is a great suggestion :yep:

I agree, don't EVER use any hair color without doing a test patch first (natural or otherwise). It doesn't matter if you used a particular brand of color ten times before, you have to do it every single time because allergies can pop up at any time. I learned this the hard way, as my reaction to color was relatively severe. For your rash I suggest hydrocortisone ointment and an anti-histamine. They will help reduce the itching some.

Your allergic reactions will probably become progressively worse if you continue to use permanent hair color and dark colors are also much more likely to cause reactions due to higher levels of PPD (a chemical that causes most of the allergic reactions that is found in all permanent hair color, no matter what brand). I have no idea why tattoos increase the likelyhood of reactions, I don't have any and it happened to me.

PinkAngel

Yeap, happened to me 2xs w/ Bigen. I had been using it for months w/ no problem then all of a sudden I was allergic to it. It probably has PPD. I used Emu oil for a couple of days to clear it up.

laurend

Get to a dermatologist and have them give you something for your scalp and skin. It happened to me and the doc gave me a prescription and told me to take benadryl for the itch. I've been on henna for two years and it works fine

JuicesN'Berries

I totally forgot I posted this.....Thank you so much everyone for your hugs and advice...

Come to find out I am allergic to PPD (a chemical in the dye). It got even worse after I posted this thread. My gland were swollen and I could barely move my head because it hurt so bad.

I will never use it again.

LivingDoll

I totally forgot I posted this.....Thank you so much everyone for your hugs and advice...

Come to find out I am allergic to PPD (a chemical in the dye). It got even worse after I posted this thread. My gland were swollen and I could barely move my head because it hurt so bad.

I will never use it again.

most dark dyes and rinses contain PPD...be careful.

Neroli

Sorry this happened but PPD is da debil and gets worse with time -- run from it!!

Henna/indigo is awesome!! I still recommend a strand test . . .

yellagirl730

I am taking Prednisone right now for this very reason. Dr. told me it would get worse at each exposure to PPD, I had the allergy test to find out if thats what I was allergic to (and that was something in itself, thought i was going to lose my mind) and also Prednisone takes a while to work. Good luck

longhairluva

I stopped using Natural Instincts because it broke my hair off bad.

me too. I lost so much hair. Went from APL to neck length because of the itching and all of the breakage. I had to get meds from the derm. That was a year ago and my hair has just really gotten back to normal.

Angelicus

I am so sorry that it happened to you! The second-to-last time I did Bigen Oriental Black dye, the back of my head was itching horribly. Stupid me used the dye again three months later. Funny, because the last time I used it, it didn't give me the itchies.

I had to give up on my favorite dye because of one reaction. I am going to follow everyone's advice and do the Henna-indigo. I hope you find something that works also. God bless.