~allergic reaction to perm? is it possible?

dwsplaymate

I posted on here about a month ago about the head pain and sore scalp that I was suffering due to what I thought had to do with glue being put on my scalp. That same day, a different beautician gave me a perm that had never been used on me and that I had never heard of. It's called Affirm. Does anybody know anything about this perm or the ingredients or anything? People are thinking that I might have had an allergic reaction or somethin' to this perm that had been used on me for the first time. Is it possible to suffer pain from an allergic reaction to a perm? Please help. Thanks in advance and any responses are greatly appreciated.

adrienne0914

of course it's possible to have an allergic reaction to almost anything that is used on the hair or skin, especially a chemical such as this.

of all the perms out there, i believe Affirm is one of the better ones because of the accompanying products that are used before and after it. how is your scalp now?

dwsplaymate

It's still sore!! Well, perhaps I was right the first time and had an allergic reaction to the glue put on my scalp. thanks for your response.:)