Ahhhh- Maxiglide is the ISH!!

kblc06

I can't believe didn't buy it sooner, especially when I heard all of the positive reviews (this is one time when my pjism has paid off). I straightened out the roughest section of hair around my hair line.. and the maxiglide straightened it like it was butter. I have found the holy grail of heat appliances. Now time take that jilbere back to sally's :grin:

SparklingFlame

I love my Maxi too! It made y hai so soft! I was shocked about that. I had it for about a year before I actually used it though. I think I'll use it a little more often.

BeautifulNameX

Thats whats up i might get me one for a graduation present because i was thinkin of a new flat iron yu ladies got me sold

SpyCats

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Maxiglide, it's the only flatiron that I have used that can get my ends straight without having to use a pressing comb afterwards. No more crunchy ends for me.

TheNewFine

Has anyone tried the miniglide? It's only 1/2" so I was thinking of getting it to use on my roots after a rollerset.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I picked it up on Sunday but I didn't buy it because it was heavy and I felt my hair is still too short for 2" plates.. ...I bought a jibere ceramic tourmaline flat iron instead and I'm very happy with it. When my hair grows longer I may get a maxiglide though.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I can't believe didn't buy it sooner, especially when I heard all of the positive reviews (this is one time when my pjism has paid off). I straightened out the roughest section of hair around my hair line.. and the maxiglide straightened it like it was butter. I have found the holy grail of heat appliances. Now time take that jilbere back to sally's :grin:

Doggonnit, it looks like I'm going to have to break down and buy one after all:grin: I've been hearing too many good things about this maxiglide. Does anyone have a pic of what it looks like? I've seen one before, but I don't know if they have different models or whatnot.

kblc06

I picked it up on Sunday but I didn't buy it because it was heavy and I felt my hair is still too short for 2" plates.. ...I bought a jibere ceramic tourmaline flat iron instead and I'm very happy with it. When my hair grows longer I may get a maxiglide though.

This is the one I previously bought as well. But I noticed that it left my hair feeling dried, even after I flat-ironed from a very straight rollerset. THe maxiglide is the only heat appliance that I've used that made my hair feel like it had been moisturized . It got the most course section of hair straight with ONE PASS-if it can do that then I can imagine what it could do for my entire head. And even then, I only used level 3 or 4 out 10 :drunk:

crazydaze911

Doggonnit, it looks like I'm going to have to break down and buy one after all:grin: I've been hearing too many good things about this maxiglide. Does anyone have a pic of what it looks like? I've seen one before, but I don't know if they have different models or whatnot.

I'm pretty sure there is only one model, although the box has changed since i bought it about a year or 2 ago. i believe the box is grey now. Bed, bath and beyond has it BUT ITS NOT WITH THE OTHER IRONS. you have to ASK for it and they'll get it from the back for you. When i went last week, they told me the demand for it is soooooooo high (even at $80) that they keep the stash in the back.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
This is the one I previously bought as well. But I noticed that it left my hair feeling dried, even after I flat-ironed from a very straight rollerset. THe maxiglide is the only heat appliance that I've used that made my hair feel like it had been moisturized . It got the most course section of hair straight with ONE PASS-if it can do that then I can imagine what it could do for my entire head. And even then, I only used level 3 or 4 out 10 :drunk:
Wow, I seriously may have to check one of these out next time I'm in Ulta, if they have it.

I'm pretty sure there is only one model, although the box has changed since i bought it about a year or 2 ago. i believe the box is grey now. Bed, bath and beyond has it BUT ITS NOT WITH THE OTHER IRONS. you have to ASK for it and they'll get it from the back for you. When i went last week, they told me the demand for it is soooooooo high (even at $80) that they keep the stash in the back.
Thanks for sharing. If Ulta doesn't have one, I may have to run to BB&Y!

Leslie_C

here is a link to a pic...
http://www.folica.com/Maxiglide_Hair__d1778.html

I might have to give it another shot(its under my bathroom sink). Im just afraid of the teeth pulling my hair out. what heat setting do most ppl use?

trini_rican

here is a link to a pic...
http://www.folica.com/Maxiglide_Hair__d1778.html

I might have to give it another shot(its under my bathroom sink). Im just afraid of the teeth pulling my hair out. what heat setting do most ppl use?

switch the teeth plate with the other flat plate that comes with it. I used mine today and I'm not happy but maybe it's because I didn't use the products that comes with it. I still had shrinkage :ohwell:. My hair wasn't soft or silky afterwards either. I don't like the way it feels. I'm natural and really considering texlaxing after today.

SparklingFlame

switch the teeth plate with the other flat plate that comes with it. I used mine today and I'm not happy but maybe it's because I didn't use the products that comes with it. I still had shrinkage :ohwell:. My hair wasn't soft or silky afterwards either. I don't like the way it feels. I'm natural and really considering texlaxing after today.
If you use the teeth you are not supposed to clamp down all the way or it will pull your hair out. Only clamp down halfway and it will do the work for you. Also make sure you use the steam. Thats what makes the hair soft and moisturized. The products that come with it are to combat the humidity and protect the hair from the heat. Also if you set the temp too low it wont work so well. Try that on one little section of your hair and see if it makes a difference. HTH!

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
If you use the teeth you are not supposed to clamp down all the way or it will pull your hair out. Only clamp down halfway and it will do the work for you. Also make sure you use the steam. Thats what makes the hair soft and moisturized. The products that come with it are to combat the humidity and protect the hair from the heat. Also if you set the temp too low it wont work so well. Try that on one little section of your hair and see if it makes a difference. HTH!

Thanks naturallady. I'll probably be ordering this deal next week when I get paid again. Are these returnable?

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Ladies!!! Don't forget that if you buy this at Bed, Bath and Beyond to use a 20% off coupon. They send them out in the mail all the time and they appear in the newspaper pretty often too.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
alright big spender...last week u couldnt wait to get a pibbs, this week u are buying the maxiglide! :lachen:

I know!!:grin::grin: I finally managed to talk my SO into getting me the Pibbs for X-mas. So, I'll go ahead and try out this maxiglide. The only thing is that I want to be able to return it if I don't like it. Does Folica have a return policy?

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I'm glad it works for you...it would suck if it didn't for that price :lachen:
As I said I may try it when my hair gets longer

Leslie_C

I know!!:grin::grin: I finally managed to talk my SO into getting me the Pibbs for X-mas. So, I'll go ahead and try out this maxiglide. The only thing is that I want to be able to return it if I don't like it. Does Folica have a return policy?

Hmmm...I would just go to Bed Bath and Beyond then and use the 20% off coupon...they are always in the paper or in the mail. That way u wouldnt have to pay to ship it back if u didnt like it. I got a deal on the pibbs I couldnt refuse on ebay! So its on its way. What flat iron do u use now?

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Hmmm...I would just go to Bed Bath and Beyond then and use the 20% off coupon...they are always in the paper or in the mail. That way u wouldnt have to pay to ship it back if u didnt like it. I got a deal on the pibbs I couldnt refuse on ebay! So its on its way. What flat iron do u use now?
I think I might do this then. Only problem is I'm going to have to wait until Sunday to check the paper for BB&Y coupons. Thanks for the suggestions though leslie!!