I straightened my hair with mini and maxiglide

Mystic

Merry Christmas everybody!!!

I straightened my hair with miniglide (in the back) and maxiglide (in the front). I have had the mini and maxiglide for 2 years but always used the miniglide but never the maxiglide. I tried the maxiglide in the front of my hair for the first time and all I can is wow! I didn’t even realize the miniglide didn’t do a great job of straightening until I compared the result with the maxiglide - it straightened my hair in one swipe! See front

1) I washed my hair with Redken Sham & Con (love it!!). While hair still very wet, I sprayed Infusium 23 in, rubbed in a drop of elucence silk hydrating elixir, a little SMB, mixed chicks and coconut oil to seal. I think the mix chicks leave in made my hair curly because I am a CNapp with no curl pattern – see picture

2) I did not blow dry my hair so I twisted it overnight and this is the result

3) I straightened it out – this is the result

4) Then I applied hot curls

5) This is the result

My hair feels so soft and luscious after taking out the hot curls.

Last edited:

Twisties

Very nice results Mystic. Looks very healthy and full fluffy curls.

Uhm, I like that twist-out pic too - so cute:).

TrustMeLove

You did an excellent job. It's so shiny and thick, and bouncy, and full. You are right we probably aren't twins...cause thick and full aren't the words to describe my hair straightened lol. Hahahaha.

TrustMeLove

What size twist did you twist your hair in the night before? Also what temperature did you sit the maxiglide on? I need to know so I can do it too, because we really do have like extremely similar hair. lol

I once tried to use my maxi glide and folks still thought my hair was nappy. Lol.

Mystic

Hey TML!

The miniglide doesn't have any temperature setting but I set the maxiglide between 5 & 6. The twists were medium size 2X double the size of the twist in my siggy.

BTW, as usual, your hair is thicker:grin:

What size twist did you twist your hair in the night before? Also what temperature did you sit the maxiglide on? I need to know so I can do it too, because we really do have like extremely similar hair. lol

I once tried to use my maxi glide and folks still thought my hair was nappy. Lol.

Mystic

I had the maxiglide for SO long and never used it. I thought both the mini and maxiglide gave the same result - how wrong was I!! I even bought a new flat iron for the Christmas but I must say that I am really impressed with the maxiglide and how straight it got my hair in only 1 swipe; it's now my favorite.

Beautiful!
I just decided to start shopping around for a Maxiglide.

Mystic

Yep, I am glad it sealed the deal. I was never a maxiglide fan because I have been using the mini to press my hair occasionally but it never got it too straight and in 2 minutes it gets fuzzy. I have used many other flat irons and own the famous Sedu and chi but I must say, I am very impressed with the maxiglide - I turned it up between 5-6 and got a shocker that my hair came out so straight and I didn't have to run it through more than once. By the end of the day the back puffed up - I was so annoyed but the front was still straight. I will see what it looks like in the AM. Thanks for posting.

Gorgeous!! I was debating on getting the maxiglide but seeing your hair has sealed the deal!

Mystic

Thanks everyone - I appreciate the feedback~ Everyone's hair looks SO beautiful..., awesome, awesome awesome!

TrustMeLove

What type of hot roller set did you use? Oh yeaaa your twist out was off the chain. I was like aawww too cute and you did have some curlies too. This right here is why I am not willing to really straight pressing my natural hair. Nothing compares to this right here...this is something unique about our hair and I'm not willing to give it up...

What are you using to achieve this style? Like I see some bands, but don't get it. Are the bands just partial bands pushing it bac or is this just a really far back and low puff?

Mystic

Remington TStudio Tourmaline Heated Clip Hair Setter, 20 Rollers

What type of hot roller set did you use? Oh yeaaa your twist out was off the chain. Awww, thanks TME! This is the first time ever that I did that style so I am glad you like it. Trying new styles is a goal of mine for the coming year.

I was like aawww too cute and you did have some curlies too - thanks to the products, lol!.

This right here is why I am not willing to really straight pressing my natural hair. Nothing compares to this right here...this is something unique about our hair and I'm not willing to give it up... I agree, and it's OK to change up the styles now and again. If you press once every 3 months or so, you will still be able to maintain the thickeness , kinkyness and beauty of our strands.

What are you using to achieve this style? Like I see some bands, but don't get it. Are the bands just partial bands pushing it bac or is this just a really far back and low puff?

All I did was push the hair back from my face with the ouchless band. This was my first time trying out the bands and I like them.

BTW, try the maxiglide on a higher setting and it will come out straight. We have similar texture so I am positive your hair will be straight.