I Need Help After A Relaxer

LaShanne

I just got a relaxer after 12 wks and my scalp is really tender/sore. I couldnt even keep the perm in my hair as long as usual because it started burning so quickly. My stylist said its because i've been overconditioning and my pores were still open from air drying. i dont feel any scabs or anything, but I'm nervous about potential damage. what steps should i take next as far as caring for it? should i do a protein treatment or just leave it alone? Please help! I'm trying to get this hair thing right.

crlsweetie912

LaShanne said:
I just got a relaxer after 12 wks and my scalp is really tender/sore. I couldnt even keep the perm in my hair as long as usual because it started burning so quickly. My stylist said its because i've been overconditioning and my pores were still open from air drying. i dont feel any scabs or anything, but I'm nervous about potential damage. what steps should i take next as far as caring for it? should i do a protein treatment or just leave it alone? Please help! I'm trying to get this hair thing right.

I would get a good neutralizing poo and shampoo your hair and let it sit for at least 5 minutes. Maybe you have a little chemical residue left. And then a good moisturizing conditioner. Creme of nature's neutralizing shampoo is really good IMO.

Spidergul

Sorry to hear this. :( I would saturate my hair and scalp in olive oil and put on a plastic cap overnight. Not sure what the stylist said makes sense, another reason I do my own relaxers.:mad:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

You said your scalp was tender/sore, was it that way b4 getting the relaxer also or just after. Because sometimes when I have alot of NG my scalp becomes tender in some places mainly the crown but not after relaxing, and I try not to even finger comb it.

aileenadq

"overconditioning", "pores are open from airdrying"? What crap! Your scalp does NOT get sore from conditioner, and your pores on your scalp open in reponse to heat, not from airdrying!

It sounds like she got the relaxer on your scalp, pure and simple. Then she added insult to injury and lied to you. I would put some Neosporin in the really sore spots (the ointment kind) and NEVER go back to her agian. This is why I do my own relaxer.

Also, aloe vera gel will help. Sorry that this happened to you!