Advertising Mega Tek with Microbraid Hair?

HoneyDew

I don't think they removed it. It just changes often with the other banner.

They are trying to appeal to multiple audiences. Wanna be sexy White chicks and Black chicks with braids, I guess. :perplexed

And look at it. They they are advertising the shampoo. LOL

They selling out of the conditioner and got a warehouse full of shampoo they need yall to buy. LOL

xyra

Even though I use Mega-tek and have no problems with it, I agree they should have found a more suitable person for their ad. And if I'm not mistaken, several months ago (possibly last year) I was searching for pictures of braided styles on google, and the girl with the microbraids came up on a site for braids. So I really don't think Mega-tek even owns that picture.

Kayanna1212

Kayanna1212

GoingNatural

I SWEAR I almost started this thread, but people never respond to threads i start lol. Thank you for noticing this!

so1913

Actually let me play devil's advocate...

My sister just last week took out her micros/invisibles whatever...she usually always has fake hair, but nothing ever the quality you can't tell the difference. She took them out and cut the rest of her relaxer off and rocked a fro until she was going to get it rebraided a few days later. She's an admin assistant at a morgage firm and when she walked in with the fro, allllllllll the people that worked there (none black) had no clue that the braids weren't her real hair and were shocked that it wasn't :perplexed

I also remember a few years ago two of my friend's white friends were at her house and one of the Serena was playing. My friend and I said something about her bad weave and her two white friends looked at us and were like "wait, that's not her real hair??!!!" and they were dead serious as obvious and horrible as Serena's weaves can be!

Sooo...maybe this person putting this ad together had no clue that wasn't the girls real hair and figured it was a perfect picture of a black woman growing her hair to great lengths???

Doesn't make it any better...but I'd rather believe that THEY are really that dumb in believing that hair is real than believing they think we're really that dumb and buying their advertisement efforts, lol

Oh, it's not Mega Teks advertisement....it's Horselovers.com's ad...

lipyt

GIRL! I was thinking the same thing and was going to make a thread...and then I :nono: and said "forget it!":spinning:

AtlantaJJ

At first glance I thought I recognized the girl in the ad, at second glance I realized it was an ad for MT. Then I noticed the girl was in braids, I was like :huh: :scratchch

msa

Really, this is no different than the thousands of other companies that use women with weaves on their products.

They're all lying. But folks still give them their money.

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
Actually let me play devil's advocate...

My sister just last week took out her micros/invisibles whatever...she usually always has fake hair, but nothing ever the quality you can't tell the difference. She took them out and cut the rest of her relaxer off and rocked a fro until she was going to get it rebraided a few days later. She's an admin assistant at a morgage firm and when she walked in with the fro, allllllllll the people that worked there (none black) had no clue that the braids weren't her real hair and were shocked that it wasn't :perplexed

I used to be the queen of micros and when I took them out white folks at school were like "Oh, my God you cut your hair!" or "Nice haircut." :rolleyes: :perplexed I thought they were joking but they weren't.:nono:

msa

whoa........:drunk:

Don't mind me, I'm in militant mode today:look:.

But seriously, think about relaxer boxes. How many of the women on those boxes are sporting their real hair? Or the motions commercials? Or ads in black hair magazines?

At the very least it's deceptive advertising.

Irresistible

Lots of people use that product here. I'm tempted to get it only for the surge in growth. My hair is long now but it's not even and it shed quite a bit. I just want to push the growth really fast between now and August to even out and thicken up. I won't cut.

Anybody use it? Does it stink? Is it greasy? And is it just a souped up version of the Mane 'n Tail???? I know I have to sneak this post out because my girl Iris will kill me trying this protein on my scalp. She hates this stuff hehe...but I'm desperate.

well, lookie lookie here! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:

Makenzie

It seems like alot of black hair products use ladies with weaves and/or wigs in their ads. Personally I see it as false advertisment but I guess they are thinking that the general public doesn't know the difference and also, I am sure none of the models have even used the product at all or long enough to have those type of results anyway. All it does is insult most folks intelligence but there are people that don't realize this or think between the lines.

Really, this is no different than the thousands of other companies that use women with weaves on their products.

They're all lying. But folks still give them their money.

@ the bolded - It is false advertisement. Relaxer boxes, ads in backs of magazines, tv commercials etc. All telling you to use this and that product to get a certain look. Whether it voluminous hair, straight hair, whatever. They know good and well the model has a weave on.:wallbash:

HoneyDew

Don't mind me, I'm in militant mode today:look:.

But seriously, think about relaxer boxes. How many of the women on those boxes are sporting their real hair? Or the motions commercials? Or ads in black hair magazines?

At the very least it's deceptive advertising.

Yeah, but using braids to advertise a growth aid? :look:

I would not even hate on them if they did use someone with something that was more natural looking to try to prove a point.

A girl with extensions on a relaxer box does not phase me.

Braids when you are advertising a growth aid?

:lol: sorry – N-E-G-A-T-V-E! :lol: