MEGA-TEK! I want to use it, but I'm scurrred!!

Crystalicequeen123

Okay, I've had Mega-tek in my hair supply cabinet for about 2 months now. I WANT to use it, but I'm scared! I know they say it's "safe for human usage" (and I believe them), but I've never used a horse product on my scalp before! I'm scared my hair will dry out and fall out. :( My hair is already kind of on the dry side to begin with!

So...just for a quick info-booster (because I'm too lazy to go back and read each of the threads on Mega-Tek)...

1) How do YOU ladies use the Mega-Tek hair-rebuilder? (as a shampoo? conditioner? leave-in/rinse out?)

2) Were YOU apprehensive about Mega-Tek at first? And if so, do you now regret using it?

3) What results have you had with using this product, and how long have you used it?

Thanks!!

After getting some quick feedback, I'm thinking about using this product next week! *crosses fingers*

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
AWWW don't be scurred! Its not that bad. I've been using since December, no additional shedding happening. No drying effect. I recommend if using straight no chaser, do as a pre-poo. When I first used it, I put it on my scalp and hairline, went to sleep, woke up cuz expecting company, looked in the mirror and it looked like Ben Stiller in Something about Mary-you know the "hair gel scene" since then I have mixed my MT w/ a lil bit of oils, and more recently added SAA and honeyquat. My new growth is sooo soft. I def have growth & thickness, but I am also taking much better care of my hair. So while I am sure MT has aided, I cannot say that other things I am doing have not contributed. Oops - I usually leave mine in for a couple days since its a mix. But def give it try. HTH

Last edited:

missnurselady

GIRL, GO AHEAD AND BUST IT OPEN!

1) How do YOU ladies use the Mega-Tek hair-rebuilder?
On my scalp, as a leave in.
2) Were YOU apprehensive about Mega-Tek at first? And if so, do you now regret using it?
Nope, jumped in head first!.

3) What results have you had with using this product, and how long have you used it?
I have been using it since this summer, and I have noticed my hair is much thicker! Not too sure about the increase growth but my new growth is much easier to deal with.

Thanks!!

Eclass215

1) How do YOU ladies use the Mega-Tek hair-rebuilder? (as a shampoo? conditioner? leave-in/rinse out?) When I used it, I used it like a leave-in conditioner on my scalp.

2) Were YOU apprehensive about Mega-Tek at first? And if so, do you now regret using it? Oh yes! I was more nervous about long-term side effects and what it was made of. I have no regrets right now, but I did stop using it for the time being.

3) What results have you had with using this product, and how long have you used it? I'm not really sure if it helped in growth, thickness or anything because when I was using it, I was bunning everyday and co-washing every other day. I think the low-manipulation I was doing helped also so I can't attribuite the health of my hair to megatek alone.

Try it and see how you like it!!

Jetblackhair

I would say if you are apprehensive about using it, just start off using it twice a week on your scalp for the first 2 or 3 weeks.

I think it's best to start off slowly than to over do it. After 3 weeks you can gauge if the product is right for you.

gorgeous86

1) How do YOU ladies use the Mega-Tek hair-rebuilder? (as a shampoo? conditioner? leave-in/rinse out?)
I use it on my scalp as a leave in
No. It was one of the best decisions that I've made for my hair.

My hair is definitely thicker, and it is growing faster. I have been using this for about 2-3 months.

JDandBeyond

I use it everyday as a leave in on my scalp only. I have it in an applicator bottle with a TINY hole and mixed it with olive oil and wild growth oil to combat dryness. I haven't noticed any dryness or any flaking or whiteness on my scalp at all. I think that is because the applicator bottle lets out just enough on my scalp that when I tie my hair down at night by the time I wake up the product as completely absorbed.

I wasn't apprehensive because I read a lot of information and had a good sense of what to expect on the bad side and the great possibilities on the good side.

So far I honestly can't tell what the mega tek has done, if anything. It has only been about two weeks, and i don't notice dryness. I got a touch up about 5 days before I started using it, so I hope I will be able to clearly see if it is working. I did start to experience some shedding last week, but I nipped that in the bud by using alter ego garlic treatment and now the shedding has stopped. I also moisturize every night with NTM.

Thanks!!

Evolving78

1) How do YOU ladies use the Mega-Tek hair-rebuilder? (as a shampoo? conditioner? leave-in/rinse out?) leave-in

2) Were YOU apprehensive about Mega-Tek at first? And if so, do you now regret using it? a little. i didn't believe in growth aids. no i don't regret it so far.

i have been using it for a few weeks now. i see my thinning spots filling in and i am seeing some growth, but it is too early to tell. my hair is not hard though and i have normal shedding.

audacity.

first let me say if your are that apprehensive, don't use it.

now to answer your questions...

1) How do YOU ladies use the Mega-Tek hair-rebuilder? (as a shampoo? conditioner? leave-in/rinse out?) i use MT as a growth aid (i put it on my scalp only)

2) Were YOU apprehensive about Mega-Tek at first? And if so, do you now regret using it? nope. wasn't scared at all.

3) What results have you had with using this product, and how long have you used it? i've been using MT since August 08 and i beleve that i've seen pretty good results. on average i can say that it has sped my growth up from about 1/2" per month to 3/4" a month consistently...so is that a 50% increase? yep, it is! :yep::up:

hth! and good luck, sis!

Crystalicequeen123

WOW! Thanks so much for the feedback ladies! :up: :grin:

I'm definitely getting more and more excited to try this Mega-Tek. I have had thinning in my hair for the past few months due to goodness knows what (probably stress), and I went to the derm. and they gave me some medicated shampoo and oils to use. My hair is definitely growing back, but my edges are still looking very VERY thin.

So, I think I'm going to start off by using the Mega-tek on my thinning areas first and see what happens.

It seems most people are using this as a leave-in no the SCALP only. So that's what I'll do. I'll try it twice a week and see what my hair looks like after a month. If it looks better, then I'll continue and will increase my regimen!

Thanks again for the feedback. This really does give me a quick and easy guide to using this product. :)