Advertising Mega Tek with Microbraid Hair?

The Princess

Have you all seen the ad on the right side of the AA hair, if im not mistaken isn't those braids in her hair.

:perplexed

What do we suppose to be getting from this advertisement?

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
Why was I just thinking the same thing?

How are you gonna be advertising longer, thicker hair with weave?

blacklove0607

Ok, I thought it was just me....I was really thinking MegaTek is going to do miracles when I do get my braids for my protective style!

so1913

Yep, I noticed this yesterday...between this and Ebony of Essence ad or what ever its called with the chick and the fake hair...these ads are the worst!!!

blacklove0607

Yep, I noticed this yesterday...between this and Ebony of Essence ad or what ever its called with the chick and the fake hair...these ads are the worst!!!

The Ebony of Essense sista....it's one of those looks that on the borderline of making ask the question, why the weave/wig if it isn't going to look good?

msa

I posted about this OT today.

The fact is, they probably couldn't find a black woman who grew her hair "thicker, longer, faster" with MegaTek...that's because it doesn't work.

HoneyDew

Yeah, I noticed it.

LOL

:lol:

They only created that for Megatek since now a bunch a black women are using it. Just like the MTG people went and made SuluMax.

:lol:

I guess we are supposed to go out and buy it so braids can grow out of our scalps. Come on.

*Frisky*

It seems like alot of black hair products use ladies with weaves and/or wigs in their ads. Personally I see it as false advertisment but I guess they are thinking that the general public doesn't know the difference and also, I am sure none of the models have even used the product at all or long enough to have those type of results anyway. All it does is insult most folks intelligence but there are people that don't realize this or think between the lines.

BostonMaria

OMG that's so funny!!! I thought I was the only one that noticed the weave on that woman.

I noticed that the Megatek advertisement is for the shampoo. I didn't know shampoo made hair grow :ohwell:

Oh and although I stopped using Megatek (laziness) I would hate for them to jack up the prices just because they found out we buy that stuff for our hair.

supermodelsonya

Well it looks like the person that is selling it is horselovers.com. They also sell their products on Ebay...but a lot of people, including myself have purchased Megatek from them. That is not Eqyess (sp) doing that...so I don't know about them jacking up the prices.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Have you all seen the ad on the right side of the AA hair, if im not mistaken isn't those braids in her hair.

:perplexed

What do we suppose to be getting from this advertisement?

Lots of people use that product here. I'm tempted to get it only for the surge in growth. My hair is long now but it's not even and it shed quite a bit. I just want to push the growth really fast between now and August to even out and thicken up. I won't cut.

Anybody use it? Does it stink? Is it greasy? And is it just a souped up version of the Mane 'n Tail???? I know I have to sneak this post out because my girl Iris will kill me trying this protein on my scalp. She hates this stuff hehe...but I'm desperate.

that_1_grrrl

Lol, I was looking at that a couple of days ago. Sometimes, I picture the head of advertising typing "Black woman with long hair" in Google and using whatever picture they find.

danigurl18

there are plenty of women who use megatk cell rebuilder here... i think it would hwave been more convincible if they would have asked one of us for a pic for the ad...does anyone here use the poo?

sqzbly1908

I guess they are thinking we are about half crazy for putting this horse's product in our hair and I guess they are thinking we are too stupid to tell the difference between weave and real hair.

BTW - I emailed them about that stupid-a** ad yesterday and told them (amongst other things) that if they are going to capitalize on the Megatek connection, hair growth and African Americans at least put something tangible and realisitic as we are not as ignorant as they think -

It is that time (of the month) and was just venting for no reason at all - but I did not give a d***!!! I hope they respond cuz in tha words of Sheryl Underwood (I gots some more to say)

Evolving78

Lots of people use that product here. I'm tempted to get it only for the surge in growth. My hair is long now but it's not even and it shed quite a bit. I just want to push the growth really fast between now and August to even out and thicken up. I won't cut.

Anybody use it? Does it stink? Is it greasy? And is it just a souped up version of the Mane 'n Tail???? I know I have to sneak this post out because my girl Iris will kill me trying this protein on my scalp. She hates this stuff hehe...but I'm desperate.

i don't know of anyone here that uses the shampoo, but a lot of us use the MT Rebuilder. it is a protein conditioner that can also be used as a leave-in scalp treatment. it smells good, it creamy like any conditioner, and it help with thickness and growth. it really helped me with two trouble spots that i had from stress. it hasn't given me any problems at all. some folks complain of shedding in the first few weeks of using it, and take garlic supplements or use a garlic shampoo to help combat the shedding. after awhile it goes away. i haven't had any shedding problems.

CAPlush

I'm sure they can have an agency or something scout for Black models with long real hair, either natural or relaxed or both. The model in the picture is pretty, but she isn't a professional model I don't think because her eyebrows are not done. This is probably a daughter or wife/girlfriend of some one at Megatek.

Kayanna1212

yeah i saw those micro braids in her hair with the curls i mean come on people at least put a weave to make it look real!!

supermodelsonya

I guess they are thinking we are about half crazy for putting this horse's product in our hair and I guess they are thinking we are too stupid to tell the difference between weave and real hair.

BTW - I emailed them about that stupid-a** ad yesterday and told them (amongst other things) that if they are going to capitalize on the Megatek connection, hair growth and African Americans at least put something tangible and realisitic as we are not as ignorant as they think -

It is that time (of the month) and was just venting for no reason at all - but I did not give a d***!!! I hope they respond cuz in tha words of Sheryl Underwood (I gots some more to say)

Who did you email? horseloverz.com?

Hairsofab

I haven't seen the white girl yet. I still see the black microbraid chick. It must not be a black person who is behind those ads. If it was they could at least get a black girl with a realistic lace wig like in the ebony of essence ads.

cutiebe2

I think its funny that they caught on real quick and started advertising to blacks. They could at least change the bottle up...that's the same bottle they have for horses....