Adoptee: What would you do?

Guitarhero

There's somebody I know whose biological father is without utilities up North now and she's asking what a christian should do to help her father. She's got other siblings but they are not helping him, really. What would y'all advise as far as scripture to provide guidance on whether to move the father with her or not? I don't think she has a lot of money to send him but having him in a safe warm environment is what she's offering. What about the 1/2 siblings?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
The answer is obvious with or without scripture.

However, the Word of God says to honour thy Father and Mother.

If you see anyone in need to help them.

Do not cast one away in need.

The fact that she is willing is what's important and not focus on the others who are not helping. God will bless her and help her to help her father.

donna894

I'm dealing with something somewhat similar. My father was both physically and emotionally very cruel. And now he finds himself elderly and very alone. I know what I need to do and I know that He will give me the strength to do it.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I'm dealing with something somewhat similar. My father was both physically and emotionally very cruel. And now he finds himself elderly and very alone. I know what I need to do and I know that He will give me the strength to do it.

:bighug: Donna if anyone can handle this, you can; and you will be blessed beyond measure, with total peace and God's presence taking place of all of the pain of the past.

You may very well be your Dad's path to salvation. Remember the cruelty of Joseph's brothers, yet Joseph was set on high and had great peace with his brothers who proved how sorry they were for the pain they caused their younger brother.

I pray for your Dad's heart of love and no more pain placed upon you.

luthiengirlie

Help the Father and give the relationship to God

I have to do that with my dad.. he rejects me constantly but I still try to give love.. and I'm going to step it up a little
it's hard to love a man who did not do a good job showing you what men are about and having to figure that out for yourself but it is worth it.. GOd may do more with your little love than anything else ever could..

Guitarhero

Thanks! I personally don't know what else to say cuz everyone's situation differs. I do know she called but can't reach them now. I have an auntie that was a reshow later on in the family and I, if I remember correctly, the other siblings were kinda angry for awhile. They finally accepted her but it was rough. I guess that if nobody else is helping...shrugs. Couldn't find other scripture other than the 5th commandment. I think they should definitely look at it from a variety of perspectives, tho.