Friend must spend 5 more years in prison AND his son is killed!

EbonyEyes

Hi Christian family,

My mom's bestfriend's son, Taylor, has been in jail in ALABAMA for 5 years. For the past two years I would say, he's been writing my mom letters talking about how far he's come in his relationship with God and Jesus Christ. I love reading his long letters. He has beautiful handwriting and the letters are all about his love for God.

To give you some history, he was put on probation years ago for breaking his now ex-girlfriend's door down. Well, his brothers had a white girl at the house....Taylor asks who she is. His brothers tell him that the girl is being physically abused by her father and she needs protection. They want Taylor to help her. Taylor says "I don't know what you want me to do." They beg Taylor to take her somewhere safe.

So Taylor takes the girl to a hotel, pays for the room, gives her the key, and tells her that she can stay there for a couple days until she figures out what she wants to do. He rolls out.

Well, someone at the hotel knows the girl's father because they call him. The father knocks on her hotel room door and is furious when he finds her. She then screams that she's been raped by Taylor!

So, Taylor is arrested and tried for rape. The jury finds him "not guilty" of rape with a quickness. BUT! He is sentenced to aiding and abetting a minor because she was 15 at the time!

So because he committed a crime, his probation for breaking his gf's door down has been removed and he is sentenced to 10 years in jail!

So he's been in jail for 8 years and was up for parole on February 14th. At the hearing, it's said that his ex-girlfriend feared for her life. She says that she never said that. Anyway...his parole is denied.

And to top it off ------- He found out just this past Sunday that his oldest son and one of his good friends were killed in a fire! His son was 13 years old.

Can you ladies please pray for him? He's been trying to be a good Christian, but his faith is being tried BIG time.

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

I will say a prayer for him. THis is sad. It's too bad he couldn't get any sort of media coverage on this story because it doesn't all add up...

star

Praying for the entire family that some how God will get the glory out of this and it will happy ending for the family. In Jesus Name AMEN!!

Last edited:

beyondcute

Im praying. Maybe you can send him a letter. Yesterday in bible study we tlaked bout 'yet' praise. Although things havent gone his way 'yet' God is not a man that he should lie. The innocent will be avenged and no man can take awya what God has promised. He has to believe in Gods promise to hims and know that patience is a virtue and he just has to wait on God. Everything has a season.

mkh_77

While I admit the situation could be better, the man isn't innocent. He did break the law which caused him to be on probation, and then he broke the law again when he aided and abetted. The time he is spending incarcerated is the system working.

EbonyEyes

mkh_77 said:
While I admit the situation could be better, the man isn't innocent. He did break the law which caused him to be on probation, and then he broke the law again when he aided and abetted. The time he is spending incarcerated is the system working.

I didn't say he was innocent.

I didn't ask if the punishment was appropriate for the crime. I didn't ask for your opinion on rather the system was working. I asked for prayers because he is going through a rough time. For goodness sakes his 13 year old son and best friend were burned to death!

If you can't offer words of encouragement or lift up my Christian friend in prayers, please don't say anything.

Last edited:

EbonyEyes

Another piece of information:

They wanted Taylor to plead guilty to rape of a minor and register as a sex offender. In exchange, he would stay on probation and would receive ZERO jail time. He said "NO!" - He had four sons at the time and he did not want them to think that their father was a pedophile.

By the way:

He did write my parents a letter. He is keeping his spirits high and trusting in the Lord.

Thanks for the suggestion on writing him a letter -- I will do just that!

And thank you ladies for your prayers and words of encouragement. It means sooooo much to me and my family.

mkh_77

EbonyEyes said:
I didn't say he was innocent.

I didn't ask if the punishment was appropriate for the crime. I didn't ask for your opinion on rather the system was working. I asked for prayers because he is going through a rough time. For goodness sakes his 13 year old son and best friend were burned to death!

If you can't offer words of encouragement or lift up my Christian friend in prayers, please don't say anything.

This is a forum. People post what they like, myself included.

The fact that his son and friend died is sad and I can see requesting prayers for that. However, it didn't seem as if that was the primary point of your post since so much of it was devoted to the fact that this friend of yours is incarcerated and will be for an additional amount of time.

EbonyEyes

mkh_77 said:
This is a forum. People post what they like, myself included.

The fact that his son and friend died is sad and I can see requesting prayers for that. However, it didn't seem as if that was the primary point of your post since so much of it was devoted to the fact that this friend of yours is incarcerated and will be for an additional amount of time.

I guess you can post what you like....It just sounded insensitive. There was nothing in your post saying "I'll pray for him" like I asked. But if you didn't mean to come off that way....All is fine.

I wanted to give people information on what was happening to my friend and why he has been in jail for 8 years now and why he has to spend 5 more years in jail. To make things worse, his oldest son and friend are gone and he can't go to their funeral.

But if you prayed due to his son and friend dying then I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Country gal

The original poster was not asking for feedback on the situation. I could completely understand your response if that were indeed the case. She simply asked for prayers or confirmations that prayers were going up. Sometimes we just need to sit back and read versus posting.

sprungonhairboards

EbonyEyes said:
I guess you can post what you like....It just sounded insensitive. There was nothing in your post saying "I'll pray for him" like I asked. But if you didn't mean to come off that way....All is fine.

I wanted to give people information on what was happening to my friend and why he has been in jail for 8 years now and why he has to spend 5 more years in jail. To make things worse, his oldest son and friend are gone and he can't go to their funeral.

But if you prayed due to his son and friend dying then I appreciate it.

They usually let people out of jail to go to family members funerals. Why can't he go?

mkh_77

Country gal said:
The original poster was not asking for feedback on the situation. I could completely understand your response if that were indeed the case. She simply asked for prayers or confirmations that prayers were going up. Sometimes we just need to sit back and read versus posting.

Sometimes we should take our own advice as well.

mrsv

beyondcute said:
Im praying. Maybe you can send him a letter. Yesterday in bible study we tlaked bout 'yet' praise. Although things havent gone his way 'yet' God is not a man that he should lie. The innocent will be avenged and no man can take awya what God has promised. He has to believe in Gods promise to hims and know that patience is a virtue and he just has to wait on God. Everything has a season.

Beyondcute, wonderfully put. EbonyEyes, I'll lift your friend and his family in prayer.