Adding Sew-in tracks for color???

Jay

Hi ladies!! I would like to know if anyone has ever added just a few tracks in their hair for color. I have been dying to highlight my hair but I am too scared to lose any of my progress if the color is too harsh and causes damage. So, I've decided that I will add tracks to my hair to achieve this. I've looked through many fotki's showing how to do a full sew-in, but I would like to know how I would just add a few tracks to make them look like highlights? And, what pattern should i braid my hair to do this?

Thank You

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Hi ladies!! I would like to know if anyone has ever added just a few tracks in their hair for color. I have been dying to highlight my hair but I am too scared to lose any of my progress if the color is too harsh and causes damage. So, I've decided that I will add tracks to my hair to achieve this. I've looked through many fotki's showing how to do a full sew-in, but I would like to know how I would just add a few tracks to make them look like highlights? And, what pattern should i braid my hair to do this?

Thank You

I've done this a few times:grin:. The braid pattern I use is pretty simple, I just braid horizontally. However, to make sure it blends and still looks flat, I make sure that the braids are tiny (no wider than 1/4 of an inch). I also like to split the tracks in half so that they are thin and blends easy (this is mostly for BSS hair).

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
This is a very good idea. I know a few people who has done that. I've spoken to my stylist about this also because I wanted to do this too.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
This is a really good idea but I'm a recovering weave addict so I don't want to fall off the wagon so I might just leave well enough alone...

hothair

brilliant idea- i usually test colours with extensions before changing my hair colour