Tracks and damage and natural hair

luckiestdestiny

Just curious. My hair is below bsl and I am impatient. I wanted to put in some tracks for thickness, so that I'm not tempted to chop my ends 2 inches. There's no breakage, it just grew in slightly unevenly. I wanted to know if anyone, with natural hair, who wears it straight (I sit under the dryer with big rollers and then flat iron it once every 12 days), has had any damage with tracks in. I don't want to put my whole head under, just add a few tracks for added thickness. I'm afraid the bands will rub my hair and damage it. I don't know the correct wording for bands. I'm talking about the top of the tracks that they sew into the braids. The hair on top that's out, or underneath.Do I have to worry about damage from the hair out, rubbing the tracks?

Last edited:
What bands are you talking about? I wear sewn in weaves and I haven't had any problems with hair being rubbed out.

I was probably using the wrong term. But I've seen some of the tracks that a friend of mine uses, and they look sewn or banded at the top to keep them together. I felt that area and it feels kind of rough. I was just wondering if it would cause hair damage to the hair that's out. She said the hair that's out is always damaged and shorter than the other hair. I wondered if it was just her and the way she was treating it, or if it was the track itself. I want to maintain the length in the part that's out because most of it will be out from my understanding.

I was probably using the wrong term. But I've seen some of the tracks that a friend of mine uses, and they look sewn or banded at the top to keep them together. I felt that area and it feels kind of rough. I was just wondering if it would cause hair damage to the hair that's out. She said the hair that's out is always damaged and shorter than the other hair. I wondered if it was just her and the way she was treating it, or if it was the track itself. I want to maintain the length in the part that's out because most of it will be out from my understanding.

She probably isn't taking care of the hair that's left out. When I was relaxed, my leave out hair (the bang area) did seem stagnant which was why I started getting full head weaves. But I realized that the reason why the front seemed stagnant was because I was manipulating it too much. I kept flat ironing it and brushing it so it would blend/lay down which caused breakage. But I wasn't doing anything to my hair that was braided up so it thrived. Once I started leaving the hair that was left out alone, it grew.

Back