ACV rinses: okay to do 1/wk

slw980205

I tried searching the forum for this but couldn't find anything. I wanted to know if there people on this forum who still did acv rinses. I just started using the chagrin shampoo bars and they reccommend that you do an acv rinse after. I was wondering if it was okay to do an acv rinse once a week on my wash days. I washed with the nettle chagrin shampoo bar, diluted about 1/4 cup of acv in 1 cup of water and rinsed about 3-4 times then dc'ed with heat for 20 mins then airdried in twists. My hair felt like there was a layer of film on it after using the shampoo bar but after rinsing with acv it was soft again. I just didn't want to overdo it since I have a tendency to have a dry scalp and hair.

Nonie

I do ACV rinses after ever wash ie twice a week and even used to have a spritz with ACV and EOs and glycerin in it that I used daily. But I dilute my ACV way more than OP does. I put 1/4 cup in about 1-2 gallons of water. I eyeball it so it maybe more or less than 1/4 cup. I always say better to err on the side of caution.

slw980205

Thanks ladies i will dilute maybe 1/4 cup in a gallon of water then rinse. Hopefully my hair will get used to the shampoo bars so that i don't have to do an acv rinse everytime I wash.