Question About ACV Rinses

Aquamarine

Hi there!
......Is it best to do an apple cider vinegar (ACV) rinse after the shampoo or after the conditioner as a final rinse??? I've done them in the past off and on because they make my hair and scalp feel clean and soft. ....but I can't remember which order lol.

.....When I think about it now, if I do an acv rinse AFTER I condition, wouldn't that strip away the conditioner? I'm thinking about buying some of that much tauted Aubrey conditioner and that's something that I would want to get all of the benefits from......not rinse it away with the acv rinse.

If you do these rinses, let me know at what point in the shampoo process that you use them. Maybe it doesn't matter lol.

Thanx :)

Last edited:

Aquamarine

Hi there!
Thanx!

I think that acv rinses are great. I swore that I didn't even need conditioner after one once, my hair was so slippery lol.

curlilocs

I just started doing the ACV rinses two weeks ago. Like Shatani I wash-ACV-condition, but after I applied the ACV rinse today, I agree, my hair felt like it had been conditioned already.

@Serentity Breeze, I think it will clarify what you just put in your hair but ACV rinses are most beneficial for restoring the pH and sealing the cuticle of the hair shaft.

Allandra

When I do an acv rinse, I do it in this order:

shampoo
acv rinse
condition

I condition my hair last because I want to get the benefits of my conditioner.

California

Sounds like all of you know how to do the ACV rinse. How much ACV do you use? I need to do it today. Thanks and I'll tell you how it goes.

curlilocs

I have a solution of half vinegar and half purified water. I use 6 oz. of each and keep it in a mister. It's easier for me to spray on. Alot of people use less vinegar, but I haven't had any negative effects from that concentration. It works for me.