Abstinence Challenge 365, 24-7

Hi Jenaee,

You are in my prayers. At least you already see that this is a weakness where the devil seeks to get in through. I pray you will stand firm in your beliefs and that God blesses your obedience. It's the same thing I pray for myself. :hug:

Cc
Hi Ladies,

I joined this challenge a while ago and have been struggling alot. It seems like every since I became apart of this challenge, I fallen more than ever before. I feel like such a failure in HIM. I know this is how the enemy wants me to feel but I will not let him win. So as of right now, I AM TOTALLY COMMITTED TO ABSTAINING.

Please keep me in your prayers!

Last edited:
Okay let's say you have "a friend" that is a 25 year old virgin for a lot of the good spiritual Christian reasons (wait until marriage, part of our upbringing, etc.) Say that this "friend" is also a virgin becuase of some things that have happened to her as they happen to many people (sexual abuse as a child). This "friend" has had a difficult time having a meaningful relationship with any man because of this. She didn't have her first kiss until she was 21 and all relationships with seemingly great guys have avoided her since then. Enter the present. My "friend" has been in her first real relationship for five months in love with a 36 year old man who completely understands where she is coming from and respects her decisions to wait for marriage with no pressure. Even though she is not sure if she ever wants to get married she feels that it woud be the right way to go about it since she would be opening herself up to having children (something she is also not sure that she ever wants to have). My "friend" has a hard time even letting the love of her life get close to her because of what has happened to her and despite going to multiple therapists- she can't even handle going through a pelvic exam. How is my "friend" ever going to be able to get close to a man without having a panic attack like she usually does. It's like being a perpetual virgin without all the temptation... :perplexed

Okay let's say you have "a friend" that is a 25 year old virgin for a lot of the good spiritual Christian reasons (wait until marriage, part of our upbringing, etc.) Say that this "friend" is also a virgin becuase of some things that have happened to her as they happen to many people (sexual abuse as a child). This "friend" has had a difficult time having a meaningful relationship with any man because of this. She didn't have her first kiss until she was 21 and all relationships with seemingly great guys have avoided her since then. Enter the present. My "friend" has been in her first real relationship for five months in love with a 36 year old man who completely understands where she is coming from and respects her decisions to wait for marriage with no pressure. Even though she is not sure if she ever wants to get married she feels that it woud be the right way to go about it since she would be opening herself up to having children (something she is also not sure that she ever wants to have). My "friend" has a hard time even letting the love of her life get close to her because of what has happened to her and despite going to multiple therapists- she can't even handle going through a pelvic exam. How is my "friend" ever going to be able to get close to a man without having a panic attack like she usually does. It's like being a perpetual virgin without all the temptation... :perplexed

Wow no one has any advice??? :ohwell:

Hi Jenaee,

You are in my prayers. At least you already see that this is a weakness where the devil seeks to get in through. I pray you will stand firm in your beliefs and that God blesses your obedience. It's the same thing I pray for myself. :hug:

Cc

Thank you soo much Cupcake..you're in my prayers too!

I JUST SAW YOUR POST. I WOULD SUGGEST PRAYER AND DOING EVERYTHING YOUR FRIEND CAN DO TO LET GO OF THE PAST. I WILL SAY A PRAYER.

Thank you for the support! I er- I mean my "friend" appreciates all the support. :look:
Please believe in your heart of hearts (I mean your friend) that GOD CAN HEAL EVERYTHING!!!! I know from experience. Don't rush healing and deliverance. God's timing is perfect. Please seek Him in all these areas (trust, faith, friendship, openness) and allow HIM to lead you. I will be praying for you.

March 2008 will make 5 years for me!!

I usually just skip right over this sticky post, but for some reason today God is just whispering in my ear....about this very topic. :ohwell: It feels good, though, because it's been such a long time since I've gotten direct instruction. I am being corrected right now. Although I don't think I am up for a challenge, I want to thank everyone who posted their testimony and encouraging words here, because it is helping me to reaffirm things that I already knew. ((((HUGS)))) to all of you!! :yep:

I'm a virgin, so this challenge is already in effect, but I'm soooo frustrated with myself because I don't want to be a virgin anymore. It's so frustrating that I cry some days. I know that sounds stupid but I feel like I'm holding out on something that holds no importance to me anymore:sad:. Sorry for being pessimstic, I just wanted to vent.

I understand where you're coming from... it's ok to vent! I never thought I would be tired or even ashamed of being a virgin (at 23)... especially since I've been an active member of my church all my life. I decided to be honest with God about my feelings even though I felt embarrassed telling him something He already knew. I prayed and asked Him to help me desire to please Him before myself or others. My feelings have not changed over night, but I know He's working with me. You are so precious in God's sight. Ask Him to help you realize and believe this.

I saw this on a billboard once: VIRGIN... teach your kids it's not a dirty word.

Take a look at these websites:
http://iamworththewait.com/index.html

Great article about WHY we should wait for marriage to have sex... we say we know why, but yet we don't practice what we preach. Maybe we weren't taught the right things. Anyway, it's a great article. Be blessed!
http://themarriagebed.com/pages/sexuality/engaged/whywait.shtml

I want to be in this challenge. I am a virgin, I'm 19. And I can say that I am proud to be one:yep:, I am trying hard everyday to live the way Christ wants me to, sometimes it gets hard but I know with His help and Holy Spirit I can do it.

I've been a life-long member of this challenge :drunk:. I don't want to engage in the act of sex until I'm married. I hope the Big Man Upstairs is pleased with me :rolleyes:. I understand what it feels like to be ashamed to be a virgin. I'm 20 years old and when people find out that I'm still one they look at me as if I'm some sort of freak! It's sad that virginity is frowned upon at a certain age, but I'm not going to let that deter me from my resolve to keep mine until marriage.

Last edited:
I'm a virgin, so this challenge is already in effect, but I'm soooo frustrated with myself because I don't want to be a virgin anymore. It's so frustrating that I cry some days. I know that sounds stupid but I feel like I'm holding out on something that holds no importance to me anymore:sad:. Sorry for being pessimstic, I just wanted to vent.

I just wanted to say that I understand how you feel. It's not that I want to lose my virginity, but I realize that most guys out there nowadays expect you to have sex with them before marriage, and this saddens me. It makes me think that I'll never find that special someone that will wait for me. Just know that you aren't alone and that you are so worth the wait. You are precious in God's eyes and you deserve only good things and a good man that will wait for you and treat you with respect.

I just wanted to say that I understand how you feel. It's not that I want to lose my virginity, but I realize that most guys out there nowadays expect you to have sex with them before marriage, and this saddens me. It makes me think that I'll never find that special someone that will wait for me. Just know that you aren't alone and that you are so worth the wait. You are precious in God's eyes and you deserve only good things and a good man that will wait for you and treat you with respect.

This is how I feel. Thanks for your encouragement :giveheart:

PS. I love your hair pics, you look like a cute doll. lol

Last edited:
I just found this thread and I think I should join in. God called me to abstinence about over a month ago. I have slipped once but I dont plan to let that happened again.

I am in a 3 year+, serious, committed relationship with a man I love very much. I know he plans to be married in the near future (next 2 - 3 years). He is supportive of me but its hard because we had been having sex since the day we meet :nono:(YES, I know its awful but obviously God had other plans for us). Its really hard because its not really him thats in need of the sex. ITS ME! I really enjoy it but only with him.:perplexed I feel guilty and I am honestly afraid of God so I know this is something I have to do. We are working on rebuilding the foundation of our relationship so that maybe marriege would be our next big move together (learning the dynamics of love and respect, going to church once a month together, asking questions, learning the unique needs of a man and women). Its a start.

I just need more support from women that have been active and have now been called out to be abstinent.

Pray for ME PLEASE!

I am so in. I kind of sort of started my own little internal challenge over a year ago, and I have remained abstinent ever since. I have not dated in a while either so I'm not sure if that disqualifies me. I just don't feel the need for dating or having sexual relations at the time. I have mastered patience. That is a quality I have learned is very important to have as a christian woman. My friends feel as though I do not display my true self...like it is abnomal to not desire sex, but out of all honesty I do not. I just wish curiosity had not taken the best of me when I was 19, because I would be able to still say I am a virgin. I have no regrets though, because mistakes are how we learn. I am praying for all of you, as I hope you are me. Our Journey continues...God Bless.

Count me in too! I am 18, a virgin and I haven't ever dated before. By the Grace of God I want to whole heartedly go into this challenge until he brings me the man I am supposed to marry. It is very hard especially in this time and age to abstain from sexual immorality because it is all around us, but with faith and knowing Jesus is there with me every step of the way, I am able to keep my promise to Him, and myself.

I read thru this whole thread a while ago when I was a lurker. I'm finally posting! YAY ME! I'm a virgin. Made the conscious decision to remain a virgin until marriage when I was 18. I put myself in some tricky situations which must not be repeated. I'm not in a relationship now, which makes everything easier. I'll set boundaries when I get in my next relationship

Lys

I read thru this whole thread a while ago when I was a lurker. I'm finally posting! YAY ME! I'm a virgin. Made the conscious decision to remain a virgin until marriage when I was 18. I put myself in some tricky situations which must not be repeated. I'm not in a relationship now, which makes everything easier. I'll set boundaries when I get in my next relationship

Lys
ITA with the bolded; we are in the same boat. Those same mistakes shall not be repeated again, in Jesus name.This is a great thread. Please count me in!!!!

Last edited:
Ok I am so excited to join this thread this surely pleases God. Colossians 3:5 "5Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.[b] 7You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8 But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these:"

Need not say no more scriptures speak for themselves. Falling upon only eyes and hearts that will listen.

Hey hey,

Love this thread. I'm an LHCF newbie and I'm glad to see there's more than just hair talk going on. I've made mistakes in the past, but like someone said: "New beginnings" 1 Corinthians 5:17.
So I'm all up for this challenge. I've got a little contract in a Christian magazine I bought, I've been reluctant to sign it in the past, however I have now, for the mental support, i guess. And this thread helps too, cas i know I'm not alone.
God bless you all and may He continue to give us strength to stand in Jesus Name.

:drunk:

I'm a married lady my self and after reading all your post I just wanted to let you know, I'm proud of all of you ..God bless all your efforts to be obedient to him and to your future mates. I wanted to share that even in marriages we still have to abstain from sexually impure thoughts and deeds, from masturbation and phonography... so don't believe the enemy disa pears when you get married . What's most important is " when we are weak, if we allow Christ he will be strong in us. The blood of Jesus Christ on you all.

Sexual Fasting-A Time to Purify the Flesh

I'm in this to win it:grin:

The fragrance of a man is enough yeast to make my flesh rise...but I am happy to say that----------------------------------------------

I've abstained from sex for a LONG TIME, and as picky as I am....:scratchchI'll be packing a big lunch,
because it will be a great while b4 I become as one with my Mr. Righteous.:2inlove:

One of the most challenging aspects of this "sexual fast" is trying to acquaint yourself with a man who truly wants to know you for your internal and spiritual qualities...:detective:I think the best way to approach this is by simply being his friend. Emotion is a unique feeling that we cannot allow ourselves to become physically intoxicated with
:drunk2:...it will cloud judgment, then God will shower His wrath upon our heads :darkcloud::whip:

Glory to all the ladies who are still going strong, I will pray diligently for your success...and remember-when you feel the temptation creepin up on ya, ask the Lord to help you wipe those naughty thoughts away.

God bless!

This is indeed a beautiful thread. Hallelujah! I am soooo in lol. I have been for about 18 years now LOL! Virgin checkin in:)

To the non-virgins on the thread....how do you keep your mind off it and stay focused?

Last edited:
Back