Kissing (Spin-off: Abstinence Challenge 365, 24-7 )

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
blessedangil03 said:
I really believe that it depends on the person. Some people can kiss (french kiss) w/o wanting to take it to the next level, maybe its self control or that they've mastered that area? And there are those that as soon as they lock lips they are ready to take it to the bed. Every couple must decide what their weaknesses are and make the best decision for their relationship.
I believe it has A LOT to do with self-control.

Yes, I've french kissed my boyfriend before but I'm wondering... is that really having self-control even though it may not lead into sexual sin??? Unfortunately, I don't think so... :look:

We must use our bodies as a temple for the Lord... hmmm, intimate kissing and french kissing.... I don't think it fits into that picture. :cool:

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
How wonderful Supergirl, that you will be droping out of the abstinence challenge this summer. I am so happy that the Lord has sent you a mate. :)

Belle Du Jour

There will be no more casual kissing for me, because I like the act of kissing too much. It hasn't led me too far, but it does take you right up to the edge, if you know what I mean!

For me, I want the next man tha I kiss, and I mean really kiss, to be my fiance. It has to be more than just "I'm attracted to you sexually." I see nothing wrong with a peck on the cheek or forehead, but you just have to know where to draw the line. Kissing really is the prelude to sex and to becoming one. I don't want to start that process with just anyone!

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Poohbear said:
I believe it has A LOT to do with self-control.

Yes, I've french kissed my boyfriend before but I'm wondering... is that really having self-control even though it may not lead into sexual sin??? Unfortunately, I don't think so... :look:

We must use our bodies as a temple for the Lord... hmmm, intimate kissing and french kissing.... I don't think it fits into that picture. :cool:

Beautifully said, Poohbear. :up:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Food for Thought: It is possible to kiss without going all the way. I've done it many times in the past without going all the way. BUT, what does kissing cause to happen in your thoughts? Kissing can and usually will make you think of MORE even if you do not do MORE. (MORE=sex) Whether it's you fantasizing or the thought pops into your head because of the passion of the kiss, your thoughts do wander. This is not to say that these thoughts don't come to those who choose to refrain from kissing, but it's less.

To the lady that said (paraphrasing)it's hard enough to find someone that will be with you without having sex. It would probably be difficult to find someone that will be with you without kissing.
TAKE NOTE: The RIGHT man will have no problem or complaint with either of these whatsoever if these are the choices you've made. He will respect them and I will go to the extreme and say that the RIGHT man will have the same values.

When I became celibate, I would think to myself that I hope that when I get into a relationship, he will tolerate my celibacy. Little did I realize that I should not be with someone who would "tolerate" it, but someone who had the same values. My fiancee and I were on the same page with this when we got together almost 6 years ago. We were young then, but we had this area down pretty good! I also appreciate the fact that we waited on one another through our relationship. It was tempting to rush into marriage, because of hormones. (relating to another thread) But our waiting shows our desire for one another outside of the physical. If you meet a guy and you are celibate and he seems to be wanting to rush into marriage--RED FLAG! It is respectable to want to marry before sex, but there is a fine line--you want to make sure that someone isn't tying the knot with you just for your goodies.

EXAMPLE:

One of my pedicurists--very cute sista, about 21 years old, Christian celibate was marrying an older man about this time last year. In fact, she was doing my feet on her wedding day a few hours before the wedding! Anyway, do you know that 3 weeks later, this fool told her that he'd only married her to have sex with her and that he wanted a divorce!

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Supergirl said:
Food for Thought: It is possible to kiss without going all the way. I've done it many times in the past without going all the way. BUT, what does kissing cause to happen in your thoughts? Kissing can and usually will make you think of MORE even if you do not do MORE. (MORE=sex) Whether it's you fantasizing or the thought pops into your head because of the passion of the kiss, your thoughts do wander. This is not to say that these thoughts don't come to those who choose to refrain from kissing, but it's less.

To the lady that said (paraphrasing)it's hard enough to find someone that will be with you without having sex. It would probably be difficult to find someone that will be with you without kissing.
TAKE NOTE: The RIGHT man will have no problem or complaint with either of these whatsoever if these are the choices you've made. He will respect them and I will go to the extreme and say that the RIGHT man will have the same values.

When I became celibate, I would think to myself that I hope that when I get into a relationship, he will tolerate my celibacy. Little did I realize that I should not be with someone who would "tolerate" it, but someone who had the same values. My fiancee and I were on the same page with this when we got together almost 6 years ago. We were young then, but we had this area down pretty good! I also appreciate the fact that we waited on one another through our relationship. It was tempting to rush into marriage, because of hormones. (relating to another thread) But our waiting shows our desire for one another outside of the physical. If you meet a guy and you are celibate and he seems to be wanting to rush into marriage--RED FLAG! It is respectable to want to marry before sex, but there is a fine line--you want to make sure that someone isn't tying the knot with you just for your goodies.

EXAMPLE:

One of my pedicurists--very cute sista, about 21 years old, Christian celibate was marrying an older man about this time last year. In fact, she was doing my feet on her wedding day a few hours before the wedding! Anyway, do you know that 3 weeks later, this fool told her that he'd only married her to have sex with her and that he wanted a divorce!

Nah ah, Supergirl:nono:

locabouthair

Supergirl said:

EXAMPLE:

how long were they together before they got married?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Supergirl said:
EXAMPLE:

That is SO sad!!! :( :( :(

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
sithembile said:
SG
Was this man really saved?

He told her he was and they met at church, but I'm finding it hard to find that a man with the fear of the Lord in his heart would treat any woman, but especially a woman of God like this.