ABSOLUTE Best weave you've EVER used????

glamazon386

YouTube - Product Review: Onyc Hair Mongolian Kinky Curly Hair

i absolutely loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove this hair!!!

anyone knowledgeable about making wigs??? think I could make a half wig with this???

$129 sounds pricey for hair that "processed or not virgin (as they claim)?" do u think?

oh my god I want this hair in a half wig!!!!!! stat (any hair you know of that looks similar???)

I'm wearing this now and let's just say the jury is out. :ohwell: I'm having issues with tangling. I'm finding clumps of hair that are tangled/matted. If my 12" is tangling what are the longer lengths gonna do? I've also found SSKs on the ends of the hair.

I REALLY didn't like it at first because I thought it looked processed and fake. I caught a glimpse of it in some pictures and realized it looks better than I thought. It even fooled my mama. She thought it was my hair. But I don't know if I'd purchase it again.

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

I'm wearing this now and let's just say the jury is out. :ohwell: I'm having issues with tangling. I'm finding clumps of hair that are tangled/matted. If my 12" is tangling what are the longer lengths gonna do? I've also found SSKs on the ends of the hair.

I REALLY didn't like it at first because I thought it looked processed and fake. I caught a glimpse of it in some pictures and realized it looks better than I thought. It even fooled my mama. She thought it was my hair. But I don't know if I'd purchase it again.

thanks soooooooooooo much for letting us know

I don't want any more tangles than I've already got in my own dayuuuuum hair
don't wanna buy more tangles:ohwell::grin:

wow, did it cost you alot? I hope not too much

(THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR HONEST REVIEW)

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

I want to do a A-line bob (so I don't need too much hair) with weave and while I read all the posts here, I still don't know what to get. Can y'all help me?

I'm thinking Relaxed textured hair from Extensions Plus may work. I went on the Indique website and the prices looked CRAZY expensive, not worth my weave trial period. I just wanna weave it up until New Years (for now.) I'd like the wefts to be somewhat flat and reusable (if it's too expensive fine, i'll go with the disposable ones.) I also don't want plastic shiny hair so does that mean that it should be the relaxed texture? I'd also like to wash and curl/flat iron it.

In summary:
Enough to cut into a bob
Straight/relaxed texture
Flat wefts
Reusable
Human or able to be curled and washed etc.

Thanks for the help!

ZURY is an inexpensive "non-shiny" one that you may love

thicker, feels more like relaxed texture ... not tangly (IMO), not plastic looking

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Best hair for the best price that Ive used (so far) is by a small company that many may not know much about. Its Autumn Breeze. My only complaint is that I should have sealed it before having it installed. I hate when hair sheds---this hair doesnt necessarily shed more than any other brands Ive used, but I JUST HATE shedding! l:nono:
My avatar pic displays the hair. Its Virgin Indian Curly I just straightened it and threw some curls in it. I will try to attach some bigger photos so you can see it.

how do you seal hair?

glamazon386

thanks soooooooooooo much for letting us know

I don't want any more tangles than I've already got in my own dayuuuuum hair
don't wanna buy more tangles:ohwell::grin:

wow, did it cost you alot? I hope not too much

(THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR HONEST REVIEW)

I paid $260 for 8 oz of 12" hair. Shipping was free. I ordered it on a Thursday afternoon and I received it that Saturday morning. Now that I think about it, that's a bit pricey. I paid about $280 last summer for my Peruvian hair and the hair was 16-18", virgin, hand tied wefts and that included the shipping (I know I paid over $20 to have that hair shipped here from Peru.). You could tell it was virgin hair because each piece (it came in 2 oz pieces) had variation in the texture. That makes the weave look more natural, IMO.

The ONYC hair looked processed to me and that's why I didn't like it at first. It looked alright in the bundle when I took it out the pack but when I washed it, it looked different to me. Like the curls are too uniform and perfect. It looks like weave to me. The curls all look exactly the same. It also has that processed hair smell to it. ONYC's prices are high for processed hair.

I think I'm gonna go back to the Peruvian Kinky Curly for the summer. I was looking at that Brazilian hair Ediese has but it's out of my price range. :ohwell: It's really gorgeous though.

Last edited:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
has anyone tried the BSS remy brands? Like Saga, Goddess and Velvet?
Are they any good? I could probably get more bang for my buck ordering online, but I just hate waiting on stuff...

glamazon386

has anyone tried the BSS remy brands? Like Saga, Goddess and Velvet?
Are they any good? I could probably get more bang for my buck ordering online, but I just hate waiting on stuff...

I've used Goddess and Velvet before. They're pretty good. They shed but it's nothing major.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

I paid $260 for 8 oz of 12" hair. Shipping was free. I ordered it on a Thursday afternoon and I received it that Saturday morning. Now that I think about it, that's a bit pricey. I paid about $280 last summer for my Peruvian hair and the hair was 16-18", virgin, hand tied wefts and that included the shipping (I know I paid over $20 to have that hair shipped here from Peru.). You could tell it was virgin hair because each piece (it came in 2 oz pieces) had variation in the texture. That makes the weave look more natural, IMO.

The ONYC hair looked processed to me and that's why I didn't like it at first. It looked alright in the bundle when I took it out the pack but when I washed it, it looked different to me. Like the curls are too uniform and perfect. It looks like weave to me. The curls all look exactly the same. It also has that processed hair smell to it. ONYC's prices are high for processed hair.

I think I'm gonna go back to the Peruvian Kinky Curly for the summer. I was looking at that Brazilian hair Ediese has but it's out of my price range. :ohwell: It's really gorgeous though.

thanks so much

I was trying to pick one to make a wig... but I think I'll let it go

still searching for some great lines to sell...but basically you can't beat "their" price ...and you can't tap into "their" market

my friend flies to China to get products annually..... it's not that deep for me
but still she can't compete with the local BSS store pricing
and the guy there even said "NO...THEIR NOT GONNA SELL TO YOU":lachen::lachen:--> SAD BUT TRU

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
how do you seal hair?
I have never done it but some people use ailene's fray block(sp?) or extensions plus has sealer, there are other kinds too but those are the ones i came across the most. You put a layer on the wefts and let it dry before an install and supposdly the hair sheds less.

I still love wagman's though they have wefts of steel.

Sade'

I have been using extensions plus for years and never had to seal. I can't imagine doing that. When I pay money for hair I am not trying to do any extra work to keep it in tact. I don't understand why these vendors can't just make a strong weft in the first place. Again you get what u pay for.

honeybearmommy32

I'm a fan of Tracey Ellis Ross (Joan of Girlfriends) anyone remembers that show? anywho... I tried the Dream Weaver Indian Hair Perfect 4 pcs, in Loose Deep, wet and wavy, came out amazing! it was 49.00 a box i got 2, and actually only used 1 and a half.

yesterday i took it down after 6 glorious weeks and now have the Soul Wave Remi, i love the tight curl and i sort of pulled them apart for a party last night, but now i have to go to work tomorrow and a little apprehensive about showing up w/ths "fro" if u will.

I read some place that i could flat iron it? but i don't want to lose my curl, after paying 160 for 2 boxes of curly hair, and 175 for installation, 1 would understand why.

any ideas what i can do to deflate this ultra glamorous look w/out permanently losing my curl?

glamazon386

I'm a fan of Tracey Ellis Ross (Joan of Girlfriends) anyone remembers that show? anywho... I tried the Dream Weaver Indian Hair Perfect 4 pcs, in Loose Deep, wet and wavy, came out amazing! it was 49.00 a box i got 2, and actually only used 1 and a half.

yesterday i took it down after 6 glorious weeks and now have the Soul Wave Remi, i love the tight curl and i sort of pulled them apart for a party last night, but now i have to go to work tomorrow and a little apprehensive about showing up w/ths "fro" if u will.

I read some place that i could flat iron it? but i don't want to lose my curl, after paying 160 for 2 boxes of curly hair, and 175 for installation, 1 would understand why.

any ideas what i can do to deflate this ultra glamorous look w/out permanently losing my curl?

Just don't turn the iron up too high and use a heat protectant. Flat iron a test piece first if you're worried.

Glamiam

Remi Velvet...hands down. In fact I have it in now since February 15. I get so many compliments on it, everyone thinks that it's my real hair. And it lasts soo long:grin:

ms.tatiana

Remi Velvet...hands down. In fact I have it in now since February 15. I get so many compliments on it, everyone thinks that it's my real hair. And it lasts soo long:grin:

Glamiam

girl i love this hair also, i can keep mines in for 6 weeks and wash and condition it every week and it looks just like its mine :grin:

tnLOVELY

I like hairesthetics, extensions plus(hair is already sealed), and my all time favorite are chinese vendors and my favorite texture is kinky straight so I can avoid straightening my leave out.

mscocopuff

Aurora Black Label Virgin Indian Hair. It was awesome and I have had the hardest time locating it since then!!! I am going on to www.rupihair.com next. Their hairs looks so luxurious. We will see if it meets the standards!

Others that I have loved:

Outre Velvet
Perfect Locks - Virgin Indian Hair
Bohyme - Straight

But Aurora is hands down my favorite.

Last edited:

Your Cheeziness

I actually just got this done yesterday and I love it. It's from allaboutmyhair.com 12 inches kinky curly hair. Mine hasn't been cut and the perimeter and horseshoe is left out. Just water and conditioner brings the curls to life. I do a twist out on my leave out and pin it down.

poof

Last edited:

Le Papillon

I actually just got this done yesterday and I love it. It's from allaboutmyhair.com 12 inches kinky curly hair. Mine hasn't been cut and the perimeter and horseshoe is left out. Just water and conditioner brings the curls to life. I do a twist out on my leave out and pin it down.

Your hair looks really good! I also had that type of hair but my leave-out didn't match since I have 4B/C hair type. I'm a little jealous yours blend in so well :-(

angelc

I love (EPRT) Extensions Plus Relaxed Texture too! :yep:

I ordered mine in a 1B however over time, I have had to put a rinse in it to darken it up. I am on my 4th install and this hair is holding up beautifully. It is well worth what I paid for it.

I pruchased 2 packs 10 inch hair and for a full sew in my hair stylist used about a pack and a half.

I will try to post pics later when I return home. (Please see attached)

My experience with the hair has been that it can sometimes puff a little due to humidity but, it matches my transitioning 4a/b hair perfectly when flat ironed.

I've tried Beauty Supply Store hair, Outre Velvet Remi-in the red packaging and it was *not* worth the $60+ per pack that I paid for it.

For me my *best investment* has been the Extensions Plus Relaxed Texture!

Attachments

• 100_0931_2.jpg
    100_0931_2.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_1262_2.jpg
    100_1262_2.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_0801_2.jpg
    100_0801_2.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited: