? about Peppermint Oil Please read

DigitalRain

My mom bought me a 1 ounce bottle of pure peppermint oil. Does this need to be diluted before using on my scalp?

Tracy

I don't know much about oils - but I'm pretty sure stimulant essentials like peppermint need to be disluted in a carrier oil like grapeseed or jojoba.

SingingStar12

I remember seeing another thread where someone said the peppermint oil stayed on her hands for a day and it kept on tingling and irritating her. I think they suggested 2 or 3 drops because it's so strong, but I'm not sure.

longhairgoal

I would definitely dilute it, and be very careful with it. Peppermint oil is very strong, and can definitely agitate your skin if applied undiluted.

Cincysweetie

longhairgoal said:
I would definitely dilute it, and be very careful with it. Peppermint oil is very strong, and can definitely agitate your skin if applied undiluted.
Oooh, I did not know this! I mix it in with my shampoo or other oils when I pre-poo so I wonder if that's enough diluting? I've never had probs with it irritating my scalp or my hands though.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
i should have seen this b4 i just spilled some trying to mix it with mtg and i scooped the spilled part back into the container my hands and under my nails have been tingling all day not to mention anything i touch on my body i almost lost my mind when i touched my eye even after washing them several times

cocowhite

oh yes! please mix it with something, water, oil, etc...but not plain...I had accidently got some on my legs when I was soaking my feet (like doing a home foot spa) and I have burn from it as a reminder because of it....

I will probably use some skin whitener to lighten...But do carefully some essential oils can be applied neat (meaning directly on the skin) and some can not and peppermint is one that can not.

angellazette

Cincysweetie said:
Oooh, I did not know this! I mix it in with my shampoo or other oils when I pre-poo so I wonder if that's enough diluting? I've never had probs with it irritating my scalp or my hands though.

You are more than likely diluting it enough with your pre-poo oils if you have no irritation from it. I love peppermint oil, it tingles like no other!

Cincysweetie

angellazette said:
You are more than likely diluting it enough with your pre-poo oils if you have no irritation from it. I love peppermint oil, it tingles like no other!
I know I love it too!! It's def. one of my best finds!